Fanime 2009's Official eGaming Thread (updated 5/19/09)

Started by xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi), April 02, 2009, 10:20:04 PM

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

FANIME'S TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE LINE-UP

Click on game (if link is applicable) for the tournament rules.

THURSDAY

___Time___
_________Game_________
___System___
____Format____
8:00 PM | Rock Band 2 (Staff Only) | XBox360 | Band Freestyle

FRIDAY

___Time___
_________Game_________
___System___
_Format_
5:00 PM | Bleach Blade Battlers 2nd | Playstation 2 | 1 Vs. 1
6:00 PM | Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom | Wii | 1 Vs. 1
7:00 PM | Street Fighter 3: Third Strike | Playstation 2 | 1 Vs. 1
7:00 PM | Halo 3 | XBox360 | 2 Vs. 2
8:00 PM | Fate: Unlimited Codes | Playstation 2 | 1 Vs. 1
10:00 PM | Guitar Hero: World Tour | Playstation 3 | Guitar Battle

SATURDAY

___Time___
_________Game_________
________System________
___Format___
12:00 PM | Rock Band 2 | XBox360 | Band Freestyle
1:00 PM | Super Smash Bros: Brawl | Wii | 4-Way FUBAR
2:00 PM | Rock Paper Scissors | Your Own Hands! LOL! | 1 Vs. 1
6:00 PM | Street Fighter IV | Playstation 3 | 1 Vs. 1
6:00 PM | Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm | Playstation 3 | 1 Vs. 1
8:00 PM | DDR Extreme 2 | Playstation 2 w/ Hard Pads | Perfect Attack
8:00 PM | Left 4 Dead | XBox360 | 4 Vs. 4

SUNDAY

___Time___
_____________Game_____________
_________System_________
____Format____
11:00 AM | Pokemon Diamond / Pearl / Platinum | Your own Nintendo DS + Game | 1 Vs. 1
1:00 PM | Super Smash Bros: Brawl | Wii | 1 Vs. 1 No-items
3:00 PM | Beatmania IIDX | Playstation 2 | 1 Vs. 1
3:00 PM | Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo: HD Remix | Playstation 3 | 1 Vs. 1
5:00 PM | Halo 3 | XBox360 | 4 Vs. 4

SATURDAY (outside of eGaming)??? (NEW!)

___Time___
_____________Game_____________
_________System_________
____Format____
1:00 PM | BlazBlue | PS3/XBox360 | 1 Vs. 1

NOTES (to be updated frequently)

General:

• There will be an info desk that will display eGaming's information, whether it's tournament rules, general rules and guidelines, or other questions about gaming.
  • Bring Your Own Controller Policy: It is highly suggested that you bring your own controller for tournaments.  For Free Play use, we will allow it to a certain extent.
  • Do NOT take equipment that does NOT belong to you!  While FanimeCon supports the fans, we oppose theft.
  • Please treat the equipment with professional respect.
  • If people are waiting to play, please show respect others to play the game too.  The potential exception is if we have a versus-based game available (excluding music games), in which winner can stay and loser gives away his/her spot.
  • You may customize some game options.  However, it isn't recommended.
  • Customizing console settings is strictly prohibited.
  • Attaching non-controller devices like storage devices is strictly prohibited.
  • To respect the arcade's services provided for FanimeCon, we will not unless it's used for tournaments only (example: Street Fighter IV).  See the list of arcades for more details (click here).
  • Follow con etiquette!  Yes, this includes showering, brushing your teeth, washing your hands after certain events, and so forth.
  • FOOD, DRINKS, OR ANY LIQUIDS IN BOTTLES WILL NOT BE TOLERATED NEAR EGAMING!!!  We are VERY STRICT on this policy.
  • For more information on the rules, please click on the tournament links above.

Entry Cap information:

• 128 Entrants for most tournaments in single-elimination.
  • 32 Entrants, if double-elimination exists.
  • Rock, Paper, Scissors is undefined.  Game goes very fast!!
  • Rock Band 2 (Freestyle) is undefined.  It varies on band entries and Stage Zero's scheduling.
  • Guitar Hero, DDR, and Beatmania IIDX are undefined.  There will be a qualifier to determine who enters the bracket.

Tournament Registration Policies (IMPORTANT!!):

• Tournament registration for ALL tournaments (EXCEPT BlazBlue, see below) start on Friday @ 10 AM at the eGaming station.
  • All game tournaments are first-come first serve.  Please register early.
  • In case specific tournament slots are filled, there will be a reserve list.  While we cannot guarantee a spot, please show up still!
  • Check in begins 1 hour before the tournament and ends 15 minutes before the tournament starts.  You MUST be present at those times, EVEN if you are on the possible waiting list!!  If your name is called and you don't show up, expect to be axed out of the tournament; others on the waiting list WILL replace you.  In other words, if ya snooze, ya lose.
  • Stay in line!  There will be multiple registration staffers to assist you.  You can sign up for more than one tournament.  If you are that hardcore, you can sign up for all the tournaments if you wish, but think carefully.
  • You can only go the line station only once.  Once you register for your tournaments, that's it.  No more going back in line, so think carefully.
  • Don't be a bonehead and simply sign up for every tournament you feel interested in signing up for just to secure a spot and then later NOT show up.  We know who you are, so don't even dare pull that!!!.
  • During the tournament, do NOT leave!!!  If it's an emergency such as a potty break or participating in another tournament, LET THE TOURNAMENT ORGANIZER AND STAFFER KNOW.  If you show up late, expect a forfeit.
  • Cutting in line is prohibited.  If you are caught cutting in line, you will be sent to the back of the line.
  • Once you leave the line for any reason, you can't go back to your spot.
  • Signing up other people in tournaments is prohibited.  Singles tournaments are no exceptions at all.  However, team tournaments may be an exception to "signing up other people" rule.  I suspect that everyone in the team show up.  Otherwise, good luck competing against the opposing team for Halo 3 or Left 4 Dead or good luck trying to find a replacement for Rock Band Freestyle.

Specific Games:

• Rock Band Freestyle will be held at Stage Zero.
  • There are 2 types of Super Smash Bros Brawl tournaments: FUBAR (item usage free-for-all) and No-Items (standardized gameplay from the Smash Community).
  • DDR Extreme 2 will use RedOctane afterburner hard pads.
  • To compete in the Pokemon tournament, you must have your own legit Pokemon Diamond / Pearl / Platinum game and your own Nintendo DS.  We will not provide you with a DS nor a game.  Bootlegged ROMs will not be accepted.
  • BlazBlue tournament will be ran by AkSys Games.  Though it is listed in eGaming's schedule, it is not a part of of eGaming.

If you have any questions, feel free to post.  If it's tournament-related, feel free to post on the appropriate threads or this one or PM the tournament organizers (usually the poster of the rules).  If it's private, please PM Richard (head), me (co-head), or JTChinoy and we'll see what we can do.  Thanks.

EDIT: There will be a couple of changes in the schedule soon.  Please check the thread frequently.  Thanks.

UPDATES:
5/3/09
- Added: Rock Band 2 Band Freestyle (Staff Only) on Thursday, Left 4 Dead, and Guitar Hero World Tour
- Time Changes: See Friday's Schedule
- Tournaments in first page now have links to rulesets.

5/9/09
- Changed time for Beatmania IIDX to 3:00 PM Sunday.

5/11/09
- NEW! BlazBlue Tournament is NOW official in eGaming.  Date, time, and rulesets to be announced.

5/12/09
- ALL TOURNAMENTS (excluding Blazblue) HAVE OFFICIAL RULES!  YAY!  BlazBlue is being ran by AkSys Games (separate from Fanime's eGaming). ;D

5/18/09
- Policy updates.  Please read!

5/19/09
- Added link to the Arcade list.  Please read carefully.
eGaming Head / FanimeCon, SacAnime, Y-Con, Kintoki-Con, Deceptikon
Tournament Director / AOD
Anime + Gaming Article Lead / GreenTeaGraffiti
Cosplays: Wii Remote, Pink DS Lite

JTchinoy

If you don't want to PM them, you can PM me, your friendly neighborhood chinoy.  ;)

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Quote from: JTchinoy on April 02, 2009, 11:36:13 PM
If you don't want to PM them, you can PM me, your friendly neighborhood chinoy.  ;)

That works too.   ;D

heeroyuy135

LordKefka

Screw everything else, add me to rock paper scissors jt.

And damn, not enough time to get good at Unlimited Codes...~_~;
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

Loco:Neko

i think i'll enter the DDR tourny!  if my buddies are running it, i have to attend.  brings back old memories.  ^-^

hamm

cross post from the facebook event:

How do I preregister?

JTchinoy

Due to the overwhelmingly lacking turnout of people who pre-registered last year, we've decided for the time being to not hold pre-registration.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Mizuki

After reading David Sirlin's book Playing to Win, I'm confident in my yomi (the Japanese word for reading the mind of your opponent) to win RPS.

Tsubasa

What's the policy on BYOC this year?  Cause I sure as hell can't do anything on pad.  I figure this will be a global decision, so I ask now as opposed to waiting for individual tourney rules.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

bahamutknightzero

Blast, the tourneys that I might've interested in are being held at times where I won't be there

Friday: 3rd Strike - Prolly won't get there on time since I'm heading straight from work at 4pm (unless by some sort of miracle I get to leave early or get the day off [*cough*notbloodylikely*cough*]

Saturday: SF4 - Masquerade

Oh well, at least there are other games to play over in the game room.

JTchinoy

We're looking into rescheduling SF4.  Sit tight, you might get to play in it after all.  ;)

Current policy, to my knowledge, will be the same as last year; BYOC or you can rent equipment from us.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Due to scheduling conflicts and other issues, there will be changes to the schedule.  We apologize for the inconvenience.

Tournament rulesets should be up soon.  eGaming policies should be up soon as well.

Stay tuned. :D

TC X0 Lt 0X

PLease don't tell me we will be split-screening the shooters...

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

LordKefka

Quote from: Mizuki on April 03, 2009, 02:19:25 AM
After reading David Sirlin's book Playing to Win, I'm confident in my yomi (the Japanese word for reading the mind of your opponent) to win RPS.

I have my own little secret...teheh.. ^_~
FanimeCon Press, 2007-2012
FanimeCon Registration Staff, 2007
Fanime Forums Moderator
Anime Boston Press, 2010-2012
AOD Press, 2011
Otakon Press, 2012
Anime Expo Press, 2008-2012
Anime Central Press, 2008
THEManime.org, Staff
Animesou.com, Editor

M

FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

JTchinoy

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Tournament rules:
1v1, 6 pokemon format
No Uber tier Pokemon allowed
Species clause (No more than 1 copy of a single pokemon species per team.  Variations of the same pokemon are no exception.)
Evasion ban (Moves that increase your evasion are not allowed: Double Team and Minimize)
Sleep clause (You may not put more than 1 of your opponent's pokemon to sleep at a time.  If they use rest on one or more of their pokemon, you can still put 1 of their pokemon to sleep)
Freeze clause (Although there's no way to enforce this mid game, you're not allowed to freeze more than 1 of your opponent's pokemon)
OHKO ban (straight forward, no OHKO moves like Guillotine, Fissure, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold)
We will likely use self-KO clause (If you use Explosion or Self-destruct with your last pokemon to KO your opponent's, you lose.  Destiny Bond will not give you the win if this results in both players losing all of their pokemon.)
Event moves are allowed, but keep in mind that we know what pokemon can get what moves.

No R4 or other emulators allowed, real copies of Pokemon only.
No hacked or edited Pokemon.
No changing teams in between matches; you must use the team that you present to us.
You must present your team at the time of registration for inspection.  If known to you, please present IVs and EVs with your team.
We will have IV calculators on us and we will be well informed on the legal movesets of most, if not all, Pokemon.
Please arrive at least 1 hour prior to the official start time.  We would like ample time to inspect everyone's teams.

Prize: To be revealed

Rotom alternate forms are banned from this tournament.

We will be using the Smogon.com rulings on which pokemon are uber/OU/UU/NU as of this edit.  Further smogon rulings will be ignored for Fanime.

UBER Pokemon:
Arceus
Darkrai
Deoxys
Deoxys-A
Deoxys-D
Deoxys-S
Dialga
Garchomp
Giratina
Groudon
Ho-oh
Kyogre
Latios
Lugia
Manaphy
Mew
Mewtwo
Palkia
Rayquaza 
Wobbuffet
Wynaut

If it's not on this list, it's allowed for the tournament.  There is a Soul Dew ban for those using Latias.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

hamm

Will there be preregistration at the convention? Or is preregistration eliminated entirely?

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Quote from: hamm on April 05, 2009, 07:55:04 PM
Will there be preregistration at the convention? Or is preregistration eliminated entirely?

Currently, we may eliminate pre-registration immediately.  As mentioned, reason being the lack of pre-regged people not showing up on time as expected.  We'll give a major announcement soon.

Philip7086

Hey, I had a few questions about the Pokemon tournament. First of all, I think there should be better clarification on the tier system. For instance, currently, Garchomp is considered Uber, while Latias is considered OU, and Manaphy is currently being tested as well. I think for the benefit of the participants, a tier lock should be implemented so that we can start building our teams right now, without worrying about future changes to the Ubers list right before Fanime.

I guess that was more of a suggestion than a question, but my second (and real) question is where and when should I register to join in on this tournament?