FanimeCon 2021 Forums

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
 on: July 01, 2021, 07:21:07 PM 
Started by questionette - Last post by Runewitt
In the last 10 years I have gone from scrimping and saving for half a year to go to a convention to being able to provide for myself, my oldest sister, my mom and my nephew. I've gone from a horrible job to working what could be a career for the rest of my life. I'm a school custodian now, but the stress is so low that it doesn't feel like work, even on the worst days over the last 6 years.

on: June 29, 2021, 01:30:31 AM 
Started by questionette - Last post by FilthyRevenant
I am a hobbyist pixel artist using Terraria and TModLoader as my canvases. I hang around in a Discord server that involves an fantasy eroge RPG from Newgrounds most of the time while I link myself into the some of the most popular social networks, particularly gaming and art variants, such as AO3, Reddit, DeviantArt, and Steam.

Right now, I am binging on No Man's Sky after buying it in the beginning of Steam's yearly summer sale, playing it 4 days straight. Honestly, I should've continued to on my current pet project I've teased on r/Terraria, but I'll postpone it until 3 days have passed. It took me about a week and a half to get it halfway done, but I will make sure I finish it in a week or two since said project is huge and painstakingly detailed.

on: June 28, 2021, 05:46:17 PM 
Started by InsaneDavid - Last post by InsaneDavid
Good evening old schoolers!

Apologies for being a couple days late for this week, things have been busier than usual!  This time around, an extremely popular series that I've been watching lately.

Celebrating An Era - 1980's!  Kimagure Orange Road (1987)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTOZhZSr6RY

on: June 18, 2021, 10:48:54 PM 

I hope those in the Fanime area have been keeping cool over these past few days, as the temperatures have been roasting.  For this week's OP, an interesting one from a series that is finally getting an official English subtitled release shortly.  The story goes that when World Events Productions was planning out their Voltron project they wanted to combine three Japanese series to make one healthy syndication package.  The intention was to use Dairugger, Albegas, and Daltanious.  Due to a misunderstanding, asking for "the one with the lion," they were sent Golion in place of Daltanious.  After seeing the far more modern and slick Golion, the arrangement was made to acquire it for redevelopment and localization instead.  Golion became Lion Force Voltron / Voltron III, Dairugger became Vehicle Voltron / Voltron I, and Albegas was intended to be Voltron II but was dropped in favor of contracting additional US-centric episodes of Lion Force Voltron.  ...and well, Daltanious became little more than a footnote in the history of 1980's Americanized anime.  I still swear I saw a Daltanious VHS tape in a Suncoast in the early 2000's but have never been able to come up with any proof... oh well.

Celebrating An Era - 1970's!  Future Robo Daltanious (1979)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT8itiVr4ng

on: June 11, 2021, 11:19:00 PM 

Continuing on with an absolute classic, not much more can be said that has already been.  However, if you are only familiar with Dragon Ball Z or the more modern flavors of Dragon Ball, the early anime series is absolutely worth checking out.

Celebrating An Era - 1980's!  Dragon Ball (1986)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t61DxVsJwqk

on: June 11, 2021, 07:10:57 PM 
Started by questionette - Last post by Angelx624
2020 would've been my 10th Fanime anniversary but I'm still gonna celebrate in 2022! :3

on: June 10, 2021, 10:05:47 PM 
Started by questionette - Last post by Barnes
^ That's awesome to hear.

I should practice more for online Smash Ultimate. To nobody's surprise, I main Pyra, aka Homura, lol.

on: June 06, 2021, 07:49:51 PM 
Started by dani.c.cosplays - Last post by dani.c.cosplays
Hi, my name is, Dani and I've been a cosplayer for 9 years and have been attending Fanimecon since 2015! I love BNHA and have always wanted to host a BNHA panel!
I've hosted panels in the past and would love to host a BNHA Panel next year. I hosted a Percy Jackson panel and a Voltron panel, the other being the most popular of the two. With the con being officially announced and hopefully being back in person, I'd love to be able to host a panel again!

For those who are wondering what fan panels I have run at Fanimecon, I have run: Welcome to Camp Half-blood in 2017 and Voltron Family Vacation in 2018.

Panel Info:

I'd love for the panel to be mostly Q&A with some games included and for the panel to be an hour and a half and hopefully on the second day of the con! I'd also love to include trivia and have prizes! I was thinking instead of everyone being in their school uniforms, we could all wear the P.E uniforms instead!

Characters needed:
Midoriya
Bakugo
Todoroki
Yaoyorozu
Kirishima
Kaminari
Iida
Ashido
Jiro

I'm not entirely sure how many panelist I can have but, I would love to have as many people as possible!

Contact Info:
Insta: dani.c.cosplays(best way of contacting me)
Email: danic4069@gmail.com ( I don't check this as often, but I understand not everyone has an Instagram)
Discord: dani.c.cosplays#4320

Panelist requirements:

I won't have auditions but, I would love it if people can confirm 100% if they are attending the con by maybe the end of the summer so that I can spend time actually planning the panel, as I do have two cons between the end of the year and a few months ​before Fanime. 

Google form for those interested in being in the panel:

https://forms.gle/26rwedDvQ8Jf1Lu39

on: June 06, 2021, 04:27:45 PM 
Started by natureshape - Last post by Sora
any suggestions
so far my favorites are

the devil is a part timer
clannad
ouran highschool hostclub
fruits basket
sgt frog
nisekoi
one piece
cowboy bebop
lucky star

Good list, but I can add to that:
Blue Exorcist, Assassination Classroom, Dr. Stone, Kimetsu no Yaiba (Demon Slayer), Jujutsu Kaisen, Noragami, Bleach, Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan), Hagane no Renkinjutsushi (Fullmetal Alchemist aka FMA), Sailor Moon (will suggest watching in sub), Wedding Peach, Pretear, Kyou Kara Maou, Loveless, Digimon Adventure 01 and 02 (will suggest watching subbed), Yuugi-ou (will suggest watching subbed), Yu Yu Hakusho, HunterxHunter, One Punch Man, Shaman King, Rurouni Kenshin, Sakura Wars, Soul Eater, The Prince of Tennis, Hikaru no Go, Initial D, Wolf's Rain, Vampire Knight, Gakuen Alice (Alice Academy), X/1999, Xxxholic, Chobits, Angelic Layer, Tsubasa Chronicle, Sister Princess, Happy Lesson, Tenchi Muyo, Gundam Wing, Dragon Ball (series), Ranma 1/2, Naruto, Black Butler, 7 Deadly Sins, Parasyte, Getbackers, Saiyuki, Full Metal Panic, Durarara!!, Code Geass, D.Gray-man, Death Note, Chrono Crusade, Midori Days, Marmalade Boy, Inuyasha, Kaleido Star, Sorcerer Stabber Orphen, Panty and Stocking with Garter Belt, Weiss Kreuz, Meine Liebe...and if you like pointless humor: Azumanga Daiou and Puni Puni Poemi.

on: June 06, 2021, 04:00:58 PM 
Started by GoodAsianDriver - Last post by Sora
Donquixote Doflamingo (One Piece), Muraki Kazutaka (Yami no Matsuei), Hisoka (HunterxHunter), Deidara and Sasori (Naruto), Aizen Sousuke and Ulquiorra (Bleach), just to name a few.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Page created in 0.236 seconds with 35 queries.