Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
 on: February 09, 2021, 10:47:31 PM 
Started by kscrivani - Last post by kscrivani
Feel free to DM me, I'm interested

Hello, thanks for your interest! I sent you a DM!  :D

on: February 05, 2021, 06:27:09 PM 
Started by InsaneDavid - Last post by InsaneDavid
Good evening old schoolers!

For this week I have picked Macross II, simply because it doesn't get nearly enough love for what it is.  Sure, Macross II: Lovers Again has become the black sheep of the Macross franchise but if it wasn't for this series keeping some level of the fire burning, Macross probably wouldn't be as long-lasting as it is today.  Macross II is what stirred the pot that eventually gave us awesome things like Macross Plus and Macross 7.  For that it deserves some respect, also "Riding in Your Valkyrie" is my favorite Macross song, and Wendy Ryder is the best Macross pop idol - you know it's true.

Celebrating An Era - 1990's!  The Super Dimension Fortress Macross II: Lovers Again (1992)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ppTY6EmTeE

on: January 30, 2021, 08:04:30 PM 
Started by kscrivani - Last post by HunterZero
Feel free to DM me, I'm interested

on: January 29, 2021, 10:57:48 PM 
Started by kscrivani - Last post by kscrivani
Hello. I will be very happy to help with this research. Write me a private message or email me here: jamesconnally84@gmail.com

Hi! Thanks for your interest, I went ahead and sent you a DM with more information. :)

on: January 29, 2021, 08:34:58 PM 

While the immediate future of FanimeCon remains to be uncertain, I will continue to post a classic anime OP or ED every week until the convention - and this gathering - resumes.

To close out January, here's an opening from the first series in a franchise I truly love.  The first Cyber Formula series is a lot like Mach GoGoGo / Speed Racer except in the near-future where a combination of super powerful cars equipped with AI navigators have advanced motorsport to its highest echelon - Cyber Formula.  While the first series takes an "anything goes" format, the sequels fall more in line with what would be expected of a motorsports formulae that would surpass F-1.  Teams come and go, new characters are introduced, old characters leave, business relationships are formed and broken, romantic relationships grow and fall apart - it really is a spectacular franchise across five very distinct series.  The original Cyber Formula actually had an English subtitled box set release on DVD but has long since went out of print.  Double-One (series 2) and Zero (series 3 - also my favorite) have pretty excellent fan translations, while Saga (series 4) and Sin (series 5) have passable "HK subs" that can be slogged through.  The whole thing really needs a proper subtitled re-release / release.

Celebrating An Era - 1990's!  Future GPX Cyber Formula (1991)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3WAWOGESu8

on: January 28, 2021, 02:38:29 PM 
Started by angeljibrille - Last post by angeljibrille
Hello.
Is it relevant this year?
I would like to apply for this time.

I'm so sorry; this was information I posted last year when everything was still optimistic. I will update the information, as no official decision has been made yet as to what is going to happen this year. I will post here when I know more!

on: January 28, 2021, 04:24:44 AM 
Started by angeljibrille - Last post by GordyBon
Hello.
Is it relevant this year?
I would like to apply for this time.
I study not far from the venue, and I can say that the group and I at the college constantly check the setting there, despite the educational process. I think that immediately after the opening there will be a really large audience of those who interested. I will come with everyone: students, writers from the site, professors, teachers. We are waiting for information from you.

on: January 28, 2021, 04:17:37 AM 
Started by kscrivani - Last post by GordyBon
Hello. I will be very happy to help with this research. Write me a private message or email me here: jamesconnally84@gmail.com
Also, you can find scholarship opportunities, according to the USA studying.

on: January 25, 2021, 12:55:06 PM 
Started by Glitch - Last post by TC X0 Lt 0X
The forum user of Pyronikari (aka Mikey Pham) used to be quite a pain here on the Fanime boards. Now it looks like his hidden crimes finally get exposed. He has been grooming and abusing young girls for years, and one of his victims has come forward.
https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sraem1?fbclid=IwAR1TWddr2GMMUQYYiF7PSRJVR-lVVY3j_wqHHd1yLzUmkuTr09F7ONoivnU

He hasn't been on here since 2014 but only if I could time travel. I hope eventually he gets kicked out of as many conventions as possible.

Big yikes. I had some forum run ins with him at times, and back then I was more then a little cringy and naive about some things so it dose irk me a bit. Still that is some crazy shit.

on: January 22, 2021, 06:45:33 PM 

This week's OP is one chosen at random.  While reasonably obscure, Esteban Child of the Sun may be better known to some as The Mysterious Cities of Gold.  This is French-Japanese co-production, with the English version airing during Nickelodeon's early days.  Yeah, this is one of those strange cartoons that would run early on weekdays (the French series Spartakus and the Sun Beneath the Sea being another one) that I would often catch just a glimpse of if I was up early enough.

Celebrating An Era - 1980's!  Esteban Child of the Sun (1982)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0AJ796pb6k

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 30 queries.