First time going to Fanimecon? ^^

Started by mookiebear, April 18, 2013, 06:33:02 PM

limDsage

Twitter: @limDsage
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/sicse7en
Youtube gaming channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/limDsage
PSN: sicse7en

macswake

Cool! My sister and I go for our birthday weekend, we are going to be kikyo and kagome! Lol We could definitely get some pictures of our cosplays together!

PinkHairSasuke

First of all, welcome to Fanime! Second, I'm more than open to meeting you and hanging out if you like  :)

Maskenlav

Fanime is very good place to go every year with old/new friends :) everyone's welcoming and non-judgmental (however you will run into some radical cosplayers who think people should fit characters based on real looks) and just warm hearted. Once you get used to the layout of both floors you'll be running around everywhere taking tons of photos and seeing awesome ass costumes!
"I'll do it! I'll marry you!"

Hero99

This will be my first time at Fanime, too. I would be more than happy to meet new people and enjoy the convention. ^_^

mookiebear

If anyone wants to add me on Facebook and become friends so we can be sure we meet at fanime

Add me =)

www.facebook.com/janie.janich.1
]

mookiebear

Bump. Does anyone else want to meet up with me and become friends? This is my first time so I really want to make friends. :3
]

luluuxduplica1223

I didnt notice until you posted the facebook link, but we go to the same school XD haha I'm a loner though, so I'm not sure if we met XD haha
Proud member of  Moral Insanity Cosplay group :D
http://moralinsanitycosplay.deviantart.com/
My deviantart:
http://luluuxduplica1223.deviantart.com/

*Organizer of the Pokemon, Fruits Basket, Gravity Falls, and Wonderland gathering at Fanime Con 2013! :D*

PinkHairSasuke

athenaookami

Been going for a little while, and I am for one day or maybe more going to be Sango from Inuyasha so If you see a giant wooden boomrang thats me xD If you need anyone to chat or something I will be around c: I might be a little sleepy looking in the early afternoon but I love making new friends, I hope your first time at the con is a good experience ! C:
~~ simply crazy x_X~

echoshadow

Quote from: mookiebear on April 30, 2013, 12:33:31 PM
Bump. Does anyone else want to meet up with me and become friends? This is my first time so I really want to make friends. :3
Not to sound or look like a total creeper/stalker but I don't go around adding people I haven't meet on FB especially young girls like yourself.

But really don't worry about not getting friend requests on fb. Once your at the con you'll find it much easier to talk to people face to face, well that's if your not too shy. And don't worry we can meet up at the con and we can be friends.
See that last part really did sounded creepy. I can't win with this topic. Even now everything every dude said in this thread is a bit shady.  :o  :-[
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

Rhornez

Quote from: echoshadow on May 13, 2013, 02:04:43 AM
Not to sound or look like a total creeper/stalker but I don't go around adding people I haven't meet on FB especially young girls like yourself.

But really don't worry about not getting friend requests on fb. Once your at the con you'll find it much easier to talk to people face to face, well that's if your not too shy. And don't worry we can meet up at the con and we can be friends.
See that last part really did sounded creepy. I can't win with this topic. Even now everything every dude said in this thread is a bit shady.  :o  :-[

So Im shady huh? nice judge man.

Been going to Fanime Since 2008

mookiebear

Quote from: echoshadow on May 13, 2013, 02:04:43 AM

Uhm, I'm an adult ? I think I can meet up with people near my age group, so long as you're not really past 25..... Besides, I'll have family with me so ?.... >_>
]

echoshadow

Quote from: Rhornez on May 13, 2013, 04:36:43 PM
We are men, we are automatically shady by default, especially at an anime convention.

Quote from: mookiebear on May 13, 2013, 06:16:49 PM
Uhm, I'm an adult ? I think I can meet up with people near my age group, so long as you're not really past 25..... Besides, I'll have family with me so ?.... >_>
.......oh snap...no one look at my profile...... See, I just can't seem to win in with this topic.
*lame attempt to not sound creepy*
I'm just here to offer some friendly advice since I been going them for a while now, and I started going to cons alone but making new friends each time. Chances are you'll won't meet anyone from the forums and highly likely to meet some one while waiting inline, or some where else.

Lucifargundam

Quote from: echoshadow on May 13, 2013, 10:30:50 PM
Quote from: Rhornez on May 13, 2013, 04:36:43 PM
We are men, we are automatically shady by default, especially at an anime convention.
I'm shady? o_O When did this become a default?
Quote from: echoshadow on May 13, 2013, 10:30:50 PM
Quote from: mookiebear on May 13, 2013, 06:16:49 PM
.......oh snap...no one look at my profile...... See, I just can't seem to win in with this topic.
*lame attempt to not sound creepy*
Does anyone ever really look at profiles? o_O I mean, I wouldnt think theres anything remotely interesting on them... Mine isn't anyway. I think creepy people are those who try too hard not to be creepy. It kinda loops back into itself.

if that the master a 'prentice have,
Entirely then that he him tell,
That he the craft ably may know,
Wheresoever he go under the sun.

L0Lpants

/
~Swap Meet staffer: '10, '11, '12, '14

echoshadow

Pics? I said nothing about pictures. You have clearly miss read my sentence.

Quote from: Lucifargundam on May 14, 2013, 12:05:47 AM
Does anyone ever really look at profiles? o_O I mean, I wouldnt think theres anything remotely interesting on them... Mine isn't anyway. I think creepy people are those who try too hard not to be creepy. It kinda loops back into itself.
Well that all depends how much info you decide to put up.
And, Touche, sir.

mookiebear

Good lord(don't even believe in this)... I actually am planning on meeting someone at the con. We talk nearly everyday sooooo you're kinda wrong saying I won't meet anyone..
]

Amanojaku

I've never met anyone from the forum, but I have met quite a few people of all ages while waiting in line, or sitting down outside, in a hallway resting, or the gaming room.  I kind of keep a low profile around here, so there isn't much for anyone to go by other than my warm and fuzzy avatar.  I'd meet with you but I just got age disqualified a few posts ago, lol. :o

FanimeCon attended: 17 times
1999 - 2001
2006 - 2019
2022 -
https://myanimelist.net/profile/MrAmanojaku
https://www.last.fm/user/Mramanojaku

udonoodle

Quote from: Amanojaku on May 14, 2013, 02:49:36 PM
I've never met anyone from the forum, but I have met quite a few people of all ages while waiting in line, or sitting down outside, in a hallway resting, or the gaming room.  I kind of keep a low profile around here, so there isn't much for anyone to go by other than my warm and fuzzy avatar.  I'd meet with you but I just got age disqualified a few posts ago, lol. :o

HOLY CRAP YOU'RE FROM MY HOMETOWN