Registration for Attendee FAQ for 2014 - updated as of [5/20/2014]

Started by SOawesomeness, February 03, 2014, 03:12:01 PM

linefaced

Quote from: Kyra_Maverick on February 05, 2014, 07:55:06 PM
If you were wanting to wait until February 31st, you'd be waiting for all eternity.

I really have no clue what you mean by this.  My job pays me weekly, so originally I would have had a few more weeks to save up, as opposed to feeling like I had to do it immediately so I could have a chance at getting a hotel room.  I intended to register before the first price jump.

As for refunds I am not staff so I cannot comment, but I find it unlikely. However you probably can change your single reg into a group reg if you email CMR when the rest of your group has the money.

I don't mean to sound rude here, but I asked in this thread because I wanted a response from Fanime staff and this seemed one of the easier venues to do it.  I would email CMR but I doubt they have the ability to make exceptions without Fanime's input.  Since they're a third party company, I'm hedging my bets that they would probably just parrot the "no refunds" policy back at me, hence my post here.

Kyra_Maverick

Quote from: linefaced on February 05, 2014, 08:07:32 PM
If you were wanting to wait until February 31st, you'd be waiting for all eternity.

I really have no clue what you mean by this.  My job pays me weekly, so originally I would have had a few more weeks to save up, as opposed to feeling like I had to do it immediately so I could have a chance at getting a hotel room.  I intended to register before the first price jump.

It was a joke (albeit a bad one), because February only has 28 days.

As for refunds I am not staff so I cannot comment, but I find it unlikely. However you probably can change your single reg into a group reg if you email CMR when the rest of your group has the money.

I don't mean to sound rude here, but I asked in this thread because I wanted a response from Fanime staff and this seemed one of the easier venues to do it.  I would email CMR but I doubt they have the ability to make exceptions without Fanime's input.  Since they're a third party company, I'm hedging my bets that they would probably just parrot the "no refunds" policy back at me, hence my post here.

I'm sure you'll get an answer, I was merely offering an alternative and sharing experience. This years circumstances are a bit different, but in previous years I've only seen a polite 'no' in response to refund requests.   

OGIGA

Quote from: Kyra_Maverick on February 05, 2014, 08:19:04 PM

I'm sure you'll get an answer, I was merely offering an alternative and sharing experience. This years circumstances are a bit different, but in previous years I've only seen a polite 'no' in response to refund requests.
I haven't ever heard of any circumstances in which Fanime agrees to a refund. They may do so privately, but I can't speak for what I don't know. Just an alternate opinion here: your credit card company may be able to help negotiate something.

Beastcub

Just a note guys: Do not refresh the page while adding members to your registration group.

I derped and refreshed the last page of the last step in adding the first person to my group because I did not see a finial confirmation or an option to add another person and wondered if the page loaded correctly... well it turns out the process does not continue on the pop up but rather back on the page that generated the pop up...

so now my first person is registered and charged twice :[

I emailed [email protected] about fixing it and am awaiting a reply, but I am rather peeved i cannot finish my registration until this is fixed and thus wanted to warn folks so they can avoid pulling a derp like I did.

PS I was also told being part of a group membership does not affect your ability to book a room, everyone gets an individual number and each number can book 2 rooms.

PSS I also have the User7 thing

Sunara Ishi

Quote from: SOawesomeness on February 05, 2014, 11:49:00 AM
Quote from: Sunara Ishi on February 05, 2014, 12:46:04 AM
There doesn't seem to be a paypal option. Only a credit card option. Will a paypal option be added soon?

Also on the confirmation screen, my info says "User7" instead of my chosen username. Is this a mistake? I'd hate to get stuck with that.

I'm going to hold off on registering for now, but any info would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.
Hi,

Sorry about the Paypal confusion on the FAQ. We are no longer using Paypal for this process of Registration at the time.

I am unsure about User7- there is another person with the same problem as yours. I would personally email [email protected] for more information (and if possible, report back with your findings)!

Thanks. I'm sorry to hear about the no paypal thing. I wanted to avoid putting my card number out there (as much as possible) with all the data hacks lately. I'll have to go buy a pre-paid card I guess.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

SOawesomeness

Quote from: linefaced on February 05, 2014, 07:45:31 PM
Question: I know you're outsourcing your registration to another company and their+your policy is "no refunds", but I'm curious as to whether or not I might be able to get a refund for my pre-reg anyway?  I was not at all financially prepared to drop the $55 on pre-registration just yet since I have other expenses coming up shortly this month, but the now-retracted policy of requiring registration before a hotel reservation forced my hand since I will definitely need a hotel room.  I was also hoping to set up a group reg, but since the members of my group were also not prepared to pre-register just yet, I had to register individually.  I'm pretty unhappy that his policy was changed so abruptly and so soon before hotel registration opens, so is there any way we can make some kind of exception to this "no refunds" rule?  I would obviously be re-registering later, but I was budgeting for having until Feb 31st (whoops) the end of Feb to do it, not Feb 10th.
Hi,

Please e-mail [email protected] for all such inquiries.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration
FanimeCon - "By Fans, For Fans"
FanmeCon: Twitter | Facebook

nyaners

Hi, I accidentally registered for Fanime today with the wrong email address. Is there any chance that I can change it?

SOawesomeness

Quote from: nyaners on February 06, 2014, 05:49:25 PM
Hi, I accidentally registered for Fanime today with the wrong email address. Is there any chance that I can change it?
Please e-mail [email protected] for assistance!
Ellie S.
Head of Registration

nyaners

I emailed them yesterday and still do not have a response. ^^;; I understand that they could be busy, but I'm worried. ; u ;

SOawesomeness

Quote from: nyaners on February 07, 2014, 08:22:57 PM
I emailed them yesterday and still do not have a response. ^^;; I understand that they could be busy, but I'm worried. ; u ;
Ah, I see. Please contact them again on Tuesday if you do not hear back from them by then.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration

nyaners

Akita

I am not sure if this has been answered, but is there a difference this year from getting your passes for Fanime at Clockwork Alchemy?  I do recall last year some people were able to beat the reg line hell of Thursday by going there.

SOawesomeness

Quote from: Akita on February 18, 2014, 12:54:25 AM
I am not sure if this has been answered, but is there a difference this year from getting your passes for Fanime at Clockwork Alchemy?  I do recall last year some people were able to beat the reg line hell of Thursday by going there.
The difference is that you pick up your badge at Clockwork Alchemy. As far as the differences of that goes, I'm not 100% sure, as Clockwork Alchemy is a different convention and is run by their own Registration department.

Edit: there should be no convention-perks that are different (like you won't be getting x item at y location).
Ellie S.
Head of Registration

Akita

hmmm, I did not read that correctly...
I made a group reg, but I did not add them in all at the same time, so right now, it seems as though I am adding them individually.  I have the means to pay it right now, and I have five.

Is it possible for me to clear that group reg all together, and allowing me to start a new one?  OR, can reg make it so that the individuals that I just added in are now groups?

edit: sorry, I don't look carefully enough as well
I found an email to the reg site, so I'll try there first...

DangerHeart

Is the first person who registers for the group automatically group leader? Its just showing up alphabetically I think, so I want to make sure since I'm the only who can pick them up on thursday night.

SOawesomeness

Quote from: DangerHeart on February 26, 2014, 02:25:41 PM
Is the first person who registers for the group automatically group leader? Its just showing up alphabetically I think, so I want to make sure since I'm the only who can pick them up on thursday night.
Actually, I'm not 100% sure. When I tested it, the first person who was registered was the one who was the group leader. It may have been changed but if you want more clarification, you should e-mail [email protected] for more information.
Ellie S.
Head of Registration

DangerHeart

Quote from: SOawesomeness on February 26, 2014, 05:03:50 PM
Quote from: DangerHeart on February 26, 2014, 02:25:41 PM
Actually, I'm not 100% sure. When I tested it, the first person who was registered was the one who was the group leader. It may have been changed but if you want more clarification, you should e-mail [email protected] for more information.

I'll do that know just to get a for sure answer, luckily I have until friday before I buy them all anyway. Thank for the reply!

Aith

Is there a specific email address for guest services (for Fanime itself, not for the hotels themselves) or something similar?

I am currently temporarily disabled with mobility issues and will likely remain as such up until this summer which includes during the course of Fanime if I manage to attend.

I have certain questions I would like to ask and it would be great if I could direct them at the right person.

Thanks in advance!

ewu

Quote from: Aith on February 26, 2014, 07:50:56 PM
Is there a specific email address for guest services (for Fanime itself, not for the hotels themselves) or something similar?

I am currently temporarily disabled with mobility issues and will likely remain as such up until this summer which includes during the course of Fanime if I manage to attend.

I have certain questions I would like to ask and it would be great if I could direct them at the right person.

Thanks in advance!

registrationATfanimeDOTcom should be able to help you. More specific hotel issues may require you to talk to CMR or the hotel directly, but registration is a good place to start.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

Aith

Quote from: ewu on February 26, 2014, 10:47:49 PM
Quote from: Aith on February 26, 2014, 07:50:56 PM

Thanks in advance!

registrationATfanimeDOTcom should be able to help you. More specific hotel issues may require you to talk to CMR or the hotel directly, but registration is a good place to start.

Thanks much; I really appreciate the speedy answer and will be sending an email in short. :)