2013 Edition of "Looking for..." thread

Started by BSaphire, June 15, 2011, 07:12:43 AM

djmonolith

Quote from: Nina Star 9 on January 24, 2013, 11:43:37 AM

Julia (Cowboy Bebop)

?At least one older cosplay of mine (probably either Lady Blackpearl [Legend of Mana] or Ulala [Space Channel 5], though I might squeeze in Eruca [Radiant Historia] for the SMT gathering)

I'm so happy to see posts about Cowboy Bebop!  Also, my vote is for Ulala.  Without a doubt!
This is my signature.

Nemuren

For the Cowboy Beboppers: I was thinking of wearing my Jet Black on Day 0, at the very least.

Nina Star 9

Haha, I knew that Ulala would be more popular. ;) It is always a really popular one when I wear it, but honestly, it isn't one that I particularly like to wear (though it is fun, I can get the wrong kind of attention...it's the same reason why I'm not bringing my Hard Disc Maj. Kusanagi this year, as much as I love that costume). I'll have to decide if I'd rather wear something that is more popular but not one of my personal faves, or if I'd rather bring something that I aboslutely love to wear but no one recognizes. (Not that I don't turn some heads when I'm carrying Lady Blackpearl's 6' hammer, even though no one has heard of Legend of Mana...) It also depends on car space -- I'm going to have a 6'+ double trident for The Condesce, so who knows if I can fit them both in the car!

Though, both might be left behind in favor of that AAI group, if I can get that costume + two rather elaborate and prop-heavy ones done.

As I said, once it gets closer to the con and I can see what is realistic to bring along with what gatherings I want to and can attend, I'll probably post up a more fixed schedule, and see where Julia fits in.

Nemuren>
I won't be attending on Day 0, but I hope you can find some other Beboppers out there who are!

SeverusSnapeLovesMe

To all those responding to the cowboy bebop.. I was planning a Faye Valentine cosplay. I'm glad there's so much love for the series! I was worried I would have a hard time finding another character from the series (i.e. other than Faye).

azreale

Quote from: SeverusSnapeLovesMe on January 30, 2013, 12:04:13 AM
To all those responding to the cowboy bebop.. I was planning a Faye Valentine cosplay. I'm glad there's so much love for the series! I was worried I would have a hard time finding another character from the series (i.e. other than Faye).
[/quote
i just set up a thread for a bebop gathering! look it up and join us if you can! so far theres a Spike and ill be Edward so far.
Fanime '14:::

Sango (Inuyasha)
Vivaldi (HnKnA)
Tsubaki (Future Diary)
003 (Cyborg 009)
Chaika (Hitsugi no chaika)
Goth Annie (League of Legends)
Ashura (Tsubasa)
Catwoman (maybe)

Tris-chan

So...anybody watching AKB0048? Anybody else COSPLAYING from it? I will be! I may also cosplay from love live, but...dunno yet.

djmonolith

Quote from: SeverusSnapeLovesMe on January 30, 2013, 12:04:13 AM

Yay for Faye!  Like my rhyme???
This is my signature.

EJAY420

If there is,  good! If not, can we make one?
Most Impressive.

bahamutknightzero

Usually there is a fighting game gathering that covers the Capcom fighting games. If you mean ALL Capcom games, there hasn't been one before that I know of

Dawnshadow

I'm seeking two spotters. :3

One for a few hours Saturday and maybe one for a few hours on Sunday.

On Saturday I shall be debuting my new Pokemon fursuit (I don't want to give too much away but it's going to be one of the new guys~)- if I get it done in time- and will be attending the gathering in it. I want to hang out with some other people for photo ops afterwards. Another pokemon cosplayer would be awesome but isn't required.

On Sunday (or another day, not permanently decided yet) I'll be wearing my Lucario fursuit. It'd be wicked awesome if my spotter would have a Sir Aaron or Riley cosplay~ :D

I can basically walk around without help (as the visibility in both is pretty good) but I was thinking hanging out with someone or a group of people would be much more fun (and easier for answering questions because I don't like to talk in suit). Also, my picture is going to be taken a lot. (I mean A LOT, I wore Lucario last year and it took forever to get from one place to another) This is why it'd be best if my spotter(s) will be dressed as a pokemon character so he/she could join in without getting too bored. :3 (it also won't be for the whole day. Maybe just 2-3 hours tops, unless both of us are having too much fun demanding everyone's attention~)
Cosplays:
Lucario- a few fixes are required (80%)
Itachi- 60% *needs new cloak and wig*
Mystery Pokemon (it's a surprise and I want it debuted here)- 5% or so
Masked Marth- 0% (I doubt I'll get this one done as it has least priority over my money)

Wolfe_Rides

I was just wondering if there were any others? :) I was planning to go as Turbo one day, Vannellope another, and MAYBE King Candy. He seems like someone who'd be fun to be for a day.

But seriously, I can't be the only one? XD if there are, who wants to meet up and hang out or do a photo shoot or something?

StarAssassin

I was thinking of making a gathering for WiR/Sugar Rush cosplayers since I'm sure they'll be a lot and we wouldn't have to take over the Disney gathering xD I'll be cosplaying Rancis, and I'll have some other racers and characters with me(Vanellope, Turbo, Jubileena, Candlehead, Taffyta, etc)

I've run a couple gatherings before and know how to put together different group shots and stuff, if you want I can help you out :)
Cosplays for Fanime 2013:
Rancis Fluggerbutter
Jake English(God Tier or Trickster)
Taichi Yagami
Zidane Tribal
Rainbow Dash
*Maybe* Black*Star

Angelx624

I'll be Taffyta on Day 0 as well as for the Disney gathering! ^^
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Satsuki (Totoro)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)
Mikoto Misaka

Somebody

Probably a worthless question, but I am on the lookout for anyone cosplaying anything Broadway? Particularly Phantom, as I was hoping to pull together a Christine Daae ensemble (in light of the musical's 25th Anniversary).

Additionally, if anyone is coming from any Studio Ghibli films, I am attempting to "polish" my Arrietty and Haru (The Cat Returns) cosplays for Fanime 2013.

Looking forward to another excellent year!
Cosplay 2013
Friday night: RWBY (incomplete)
Saturday morning: Arrietty
Sunday afternoon: Ruby w/ Adam (RWBY, no scythe)
Monday: Arrietty

Tonde_Miso

Any other 999 / VLR cosplayers? I know there's some out there but it seems real quiet around these forums. Or how about Stein's Gate?

I'm gonna be cosplaying Clover from both games (different days) and Faris from Stein's Gate (as long as I get it finished in time).

Edinwise

I'll be going as Crumbelina if I can get my costume done in time.  :)

michibeloved

Anyone cosplaying from Borderlands?
I'll be going as Mad Moxxi.

azreale

its a long shot, but any Escaflowne Characters? I'm going as Merle with a Van at some point.
Fanime '14:::

Sango (Inuyasha)
Vivaldi (HnKnA)
Tsubaki (Future Diary)
003 (Cyborg 009)
Chaika (Hitsugi no chaika)
Goth Annie (League of Legends)
Ashura (Tsubasa)
Catwoman (maybe)

Seelenkrank

I need an Annie to summon me, I am going as the big fire bear of death. (Aka Tibbers)
"As anyone seen my human Annie?"

AngelicSquid

With the new Jojo's Bizarre Adventure anime out now I was wondering if there is a cosplay gathering for it? I know there have been gatherings in the past but they were all small. Just wanted to know since my boyfriend and his friend are probably gonna do Dio and Jotaro.

If there is a thread for it if some could link me it, that would be awesome! :D