Reg Location 2017

Started by tesla, February 28, 2017, 01:37:22 PM

hikanteki

Quote from: Abyss1 on May 18, 2017, 02:40:19 PM
Quote from: hikanteki on May 18, 2017, 02:10:40 PM
In 2014 and 2015 there were no lines at Fanime.

In 2016 I heard reports of a 3 hour line, and was coming back from the airport anyway so I just stopped by Clockwork to pick up my badge.
However, they asked me if I was going for Clockwork or Fanime. Like an fool, I told them Fanime...so they gave me a Clockwork-branded badge but said I'd have to go to Fanime to pick up the program and schedule. Pure idiocy, since the point of going to Clockwork was so I wouldn't have to wait in the Fanime line to get my stuff...not to get a Clockwork badge and have to wait in the Fanime line anyway.

So due to the preposterousness of it all, I ended up taking a program and schedule anyway and they didn't stop me...but be prepared if you pick it up at CA.

Thats not true ...I've gotten everything from the clockwork reg table (2013-2014-2015-2016)...badge, schedule and program....could care less if my badge did say Fanime (besides the clockwork art is better IMO)

Yes, it is true. Maybe they told one of us the wrong thing, but I can say with 100% certainty that at CA they told me to pick up my schedule and program from Fanime.

I liked the Fanime design better last year (the clockwork one was like...a dress and mirror and only one color) but I will say that is personal preference.

Admiral Donuts

They may just have run out of Fanime stuff at Clockwork. Regardless, once you have a badge you shouldn't have to wait in line at Fanime for that stuff, just nab a bag from the table.

Abyss1

Quote from: hikanteki on May 18, 2017, 05:12:47 PM

In 2016 I heard reports of a 3 hour line, and was coming back from the airport anyway so I just stopped by Clockwork to pick up my badge.
However, they asked me if I was going for Clockwork or Fanime. Like an fool, I told them Fanime...so they gave me a Clockwork-branded badge but said I'd have to go to Fanime to pick up the program and schedule. Pure idiocy, since the point of going to Clockwork was so I wouldn't have to wait in the Fanime line to get my stuff...not to get a Clockwork badge and have to wait in the Fanime line anyway.

So due to the preposterousness of it all, I ended up taking a program and schedule anyway and they didn't stop me...but be prepared if you pick it up at CA.

Thats not true ...I've gotten everything from the clockwork reg table (2013-2014-2015-2016)...badge, schedule and program....could care less if my badge did say Fanime (besides the clockwork art is better IMO)

Yes, it is true. Maybe they told one of us the wrong thing, but I can say with 100% certainty that at CA they told me to pick up my schedule and program from Fanime.

I liked the Fanime design better last year (the clockwork one was like...a dress and mirror and only one color) but I will say that is personal preference.

Again not true...I can post a picture from last year when I got my badge showing everything.

hikanteki

Quote from: Admiral Donuts on May 19, 2017, 04:50:07 PM
They may just have run out of Fanime stuff at Clockwork. Regardless, once you have a badge you shouldn't have to wait in line at Fanime for that stuff, just nab a bag from the table.

That is what I did (nabbed a bag from the table.) The schedules and program books are the same so there is no way they could "run out of Fanime stuff."

hikanteki

Quote from: Abyss1 on May 22, 2017, 10:07:57 AM

Again not true...I can post a picture from last year when I got my badge showing everything.

Again, it IS true. I do not know why you are trying to tell me that what happened to me, didn't happen... and that's that they asked me if I was attending for Famine or CA, and then told me to go to Fanime to pick up my stuff. That is a true statement. I'm not denying that they may have told you otherwise, and I even specifically said "maybe they told one of us the wrong thing."

Abyss1

Quote from: hikanteki on May 24, 2017, 01:49:03 PM

Again, it IS true. I do not know why you are trying to tell me that what happened to me, didn't happen... and that's that they asked me if I was attending for Famine or CA, and then told me to go to Fanime to pick up my stuff. That is a true statement. I'm not denying that they may have told you otherwise, and I even specifically said "maybe they told one of us the wrong thing."

I didnt say that...I said CA does have everything.  Now if they got hit with with a large registration # I could see how they'd tell people this but since CA and Fanime are a joint con it would be very unprofessional and unorganized for them to not have the proper items for registration. 

hikanteki

Quote from: Abyss1 on May 24, 2017, 03:57:41 PM
Quote from: hikanteki on May 24, 2017, 01:49:03 PM

I didnt say that...I said CA does have everything.  Now if they got hit with with a large registration # I could see how they'd tell people this but since CA and Fanime are a joint con it would be very unprofessional and unorganized for them to not have the proper items for registration.

Fair enough. I think we just misunderstood each other then. I did not say CA didn't have everything; I said they told me I needed to pick it up at Fanime. (I ended up grabbing a bag from CA anyway.)

If they start to run out, they need to call someone from Fanime and have them bring over more schedules.

chauffeuurr

I hope they'll improve the line this year! Or least have better line organization....