FanimeCon 2021 Forums

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
 on: March 12, 2021, 06:55:05 PM 
Started by ZombieK - Last post by Angelx624
Yeahhh other conventions at least stated if they were just waiting to see how things played out. That's better than no word at all.

on: March 12, 2021, 06:03:28 PM 
Started by InsaneDavid - Last post by InsaneDavid
Good evening old schoolers,

Going with a Go Nagai classic today, perhaps not his most influential work but that's only because so much of his work was incredibly influential.  The original Cutey Honey (and yes, I'll always spell Cutey that way) anime series is a lot of fun and far more approachable for the masses as it's toned down quite a bit from the original manga - which is also available in English!  There are a bunch of sequels and re-imaginings of the lovely warrior but I still totally recommend the original anime - even if New Cutey Honey is my personal favorite.

Celebrating An Era - 1970's!  Cutey Honey (1973)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCX77Je16fk

on: March 12, 2021, 11:51:41 AM 
Started by anarchycupcake - Last post by anarchycupcake
I'm interested in possibly hosting a virtual panel for Fanime 2021. Does anyone know if/when information about hosting will be released? Has anyone reached out or been contacted about hosting their previously approved panels this year?

on: March 12, 2021, 09:40:54 AM 
Started by ZombieK - Last post by ZombieK
You canot blame fanime staff for being this disorganized, they had this planned out but they thought the pandemic wouldn't be this of an issue until it happens. By the time May happens, MAny people did lost their jobs (And their homes)
So I can feel and share their pain!

Oh I can blame them and I will.

If you read this thread I already said they told us last year there would be an update in the fall.
If they knew the first thing about PR and have no idea what is going to happen just say there is no announcement at this time because things with covid are changing month by month.

But no they decided not to do that and delete threads asking for an update of some kind in December.

Completely unprofessional.
Not even one thing said let alone an apology
If they can delete threads they sure can respond to them.

But then again by now this point is moot as we have some kind of an update.

Still rubbed me the wrong way as previously to this I never had anything bad to say about the convention in the last 10 or so years I have been going.

on: March 10, 2021, 12:47:20 PM 
Started by kscrivani - Last post by Heavysauce555
I would also like to volunteer for a interview if its still available! I sent in my application to be staff at the convention, but since COVID hit I knew it wasn't happening. Would love to give an imput!

on: March 08, 2021, 06:26:34 PM 
Started by Glitch - Last post by Runewitt
Isnt he the guy who used to show people his micro-peen on the con floor? i haven't been to a con since 2016 but I remember him. Honestly its not surprising. 

on: March 05, 2021, 07:54:05 PM 

How about a relatively unknown one with a cool style, awesome opening theme, and a very small animation budget?  Violinist of Hameln had a very long running manga series which spawned this loose anime adaptation.  Unfortunately the budget was so tight that the animators were forced to use still images for massive parts of it all.  Perhaps a further condensed rewrite could have gone better?  Who knows.  There is also a very charming Super Famicom (Super Nintendo) game that has a wonderful English fan translation.  It's an action platform puzzler unlike anything else, definitely worth checking out.  The entire anime series has also been fansubbed but this can be a hard one to find these days.

Celebrating An Era - 1990's!  Violinist of Hameln (1996)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d7wM6A1KtY

on: February 26, 2021, 09:08:14 PM 

As I am sure you are aware, FanimeCon 2021 cannot be held in-person and will instead be a virtual event.  As the notion of a gathering is to bring people together in person, we will be rolling the gathering ahead to 2022, when hopefully FanimeCon will be able to be held physically once again.  We are fully committed to hosting this gathering (as well as our Vintage Anime panel) in 2022.

Until then, not much changes here.  I'm still going to continue to share an old school anime opening or ending right up until Fanime, as usual.  Yeah, I'm going to keep it rolling until 2022.  The Facebook event page has been updated to reflect this, and the forum thread will be updated as well shortly.

With the expected delay and postponement to 2022, I decided to go with my favorite of all the Sailor Moon endings this week, that of Sailor Moon R.  Otome no Policy "A Maiden's Policy" is also my favorite song in the entire franchise.  The ending itself is perfectly matched to the music and showcases Usagi's double life in a very subtle way - along with some interesting animation motion.  I've also always felt it to be the most "Usagi" of all the Sailor Moon music, not entirely confident but tenacious in positivity.  Perfect song for the announcement of further Fanime deferment and presentation of virtual events for this year.

Celebrating An Era - 1990's!  Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon R (1993)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7habakK5OYY (ENDING)

on: February 26, 2021, 08:50:02 PM 
Started by ZombieK - Last post by Angelx624
Yeah, the pandemic lasting this long wasn't what we expected. We had hoped that we would be able to return to Fanime this year.

It's been hard on all of us, mentally and financially. As long as Virtual Fanime is decent, and knowing that Fanime 2022 is likely, letting my badge roll over again is a decision I'm willing to make at this point.

(But deleting threads regarding ideas for Fanime 2021 and stuff like that was not a wise decision on their part. In all honesty that was kinda rude.....)

on: February 25, 2021, 02:28:52 AM 
Started by Dreamanimeworks1994 - Last post by Hachimitsu-ink
it's okay to cry and cannot obtain these things..
This is where Swap meet comes in.
Sometimes you may find something you may like thats better than what others would think..
and sometimes.. you may find something you wanted to have when your a kid.. but the price is affordable because its " heavily used"..

It's okay to feel sorry and depress..but know this.. there are some folks like me and my sister who sell these priceless items to those who wished it so.. Some of our items may be priced high but if your a HUGE HUGE HUGEEEEE fan..i wouldn't mind taking a loss of income and give it to someone happy!..

Case in point.. I sold a large Dragonair PLushie..
Most people were low balling me because they wanted it but this one woman who already has one.. wanted the one I have.. and I gave her a discount because I KNOW she loves to have something like it to actually wrap around her waist.. I can't remember her name but she volunteers for the swap meet.

The worse is when I sold games of pokemon red, yellow and blue and a few GBC devices.. and in the end. THEY RESOLD IT for more than double!..
and I knew for a moment that I was tricked/played with!

AS for the K-ON! limited edition.... I didn't know that existed but HOLY crap that is expensive as hell!!!!
I"ll see if I can find someone I know who is selling it for...erh...less....???

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 31 queries.