Tsubasa!

Started by ShikiIchijo, September 27, 2005, 06:03:16 PM

ShikiIchijo

Hey! Does anyone have any tips for a Kurogane costume? (His ninja one)
Also not sure but...If people that are cosplaying from Tsubasa wanna meet up at Fanime. Just post who your gonna be.
Cosplay 2017:
Lucifer - Supernatural
Yukine - Noragami
Khadgar - Warcraft
Newt Scamander - Harry Potter
Harry Potter - Harry Potter
Big Mac - My Little Pony

I was actually thinking about either cosplaying as Fye or Syaoron
Henry Ong
Marketing Staff
ex-3 minute film head
100%Bishounen meat
FOLLOW THE PATH OF THE SEXY COMMANDO!!!

CC

Um... my friends and I might be dressing as Tsubasa characters... I'm going as Chii, and the others are going to be Sakura and Yuuko. But this is might, mind you.

I'm not sure what you might need tips on for your costume... do you have any of it in mind? For his belt-like things, and the headpiece, I'd suggest that pvc fabric stuff. It's somewhere around $11 a yard, but it's pretty darn versatile. PVC is a good, stiff fabric that looks a little like patterned pleather. I've used it in random parts of almost all my costumes, from headbands (chrno) to belts (nico robin and chrno) to shoe covers (portgas d. ace) to skirts and shirts (nico robin again). If you get black, you'll be able to use it for all sorts of parts of your costume. Don't use it for the whole thing, though.

When in doubt, go with the lightest fabric you can find for the majority of your costume (pants, capes, etc). May can be pretty warm, especially if you're wearing multiple layers or all black. Also, light fabric makes for better photo shots, sometimes. That windswept, action pose, you know.  :wink:
Cosplay Ideas:

Too many to name!!!!!

hellangel

wellll....i think sumeragi subaru shows up somewhere in tsubasa. anyone have a scan of him?
Upcoming events:

YCon | PMX | ALA | AOD | Fanime | AX

RyuHayabusa

I might cosplay Kurogane or Syaoran :D it's just being planned at the moment.
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

grove

If all goes well you'll see last year's twin Mokonas again. <--Has to make their costumes
The chicka with the kick.

well i wan thinking about doing the bartender fye but then thats so boring but then again whenhe's wearing white its so much more complicated
Henry Ong
Marketing Staff
ex-3 minute film head
100%Bishounen meat

kidoairaku

lol, my whole group of friends going were planning to go as like... the whole crew of tsubasa xcept that we haven't even begun on our outfits D:
anyone know any tips on making/getting syaoran's big belt thingee and goggles?
nothing but a dreamer...

buy the goggles or i was planning on using styrofoam if i do it
Henry Ong
Marketing Staff
ex-3 minute film head
100%Bishounen meat

kidoairaku

Quote from: "Default"buy the goggles or i was planning on using styrofoam if i do it

yesh but where to buy them TT_TT'' i looked them up before
but they either look like this:
     ____       ____
|____|==|____|

or

lol, that's the best i could come up with ^ ^:;
nothing but a dreamer...

kikumarubeam

Quote from: "kidoairaku"
Quote from: "Default"buy the goggles or i was planning on using styrofoam if i do it

yesh but where to buy them TT_TT'' i looked them up before
but they either look like this:
     ____       ____
|____|==|____|

or

lol, that's the best i could come up with ^ ^:;

Check out a thrift army store any maybe you can mod a pair.  Good luck =D!

ININ

Try doing a Yahoo or Google search on goggles.  There has to be an online store that sells many styles of goggles.

Last year, I needed boots for my FMA cosplay.  I did a search on boots and browsed at three online stores that sells boots to find the best match boot style.

DayDreamerNessa

at one point i was considering cosplaying yuuko, but things have changed.

anyways, when i had to make a belt for a costume i made it from scratch, belts aren't hard to make actually. just need a long piece of fabric/tool to mamake holes in the fabric/and the metal belt pieces(i dont know what there called lol)

as for the goggles you can easily buy them or some that look like them at an army surplus store, or even a halloween store before halloween ends as well

gl with your tsubasa cosplays, i hope they turn out nice ^^
++ Visit my cosplay website below ++
++ http://www.eternaldaydream.com ++

you can always pay someone, thats the easy way
Henry Ong
Marketing Staff
ex-3 minute film head
100%Bishounen meat

Evangelion Xgouki

Well, my Kurogane cosplay is now in the process of being made.  Got some of the armor done (made out of foam board) and hopefully I can make/buy a katana by the con.  Think there will be a gathering this year?  Oh, and if we gather on the same day as the Cosplay Chess, we should enter for one of the sides  :D

ININ

I'm going to cosplay as Syaoran.  Looking at the number of anime fans cosplaying from Tsubasa Chronicle, maybe begin a list of who's cosplaying who, even though it's still early and to keep the forum topic alive?  

Cody Pierce, do you want to organize the list?   :)

ININ

The cosplay gatherings are being organized.   Are there any Tsubasa Chronicle cosplayers out there XD  I can organize the gathering.

Evangelion Xgouki

I'm about 50% or so done with my Kurogane cosplay.  As long as it doesn't conflict with the RO gathering, I'm gonna attend  :D

ININ

I'm with you on the conflict, Evangelion Xgouki.  I'm with the Full Metal Alchemist gathering as well ^_^

Evangelion Xgouki

Well, Fanime is about 40 days away.  How's everyone doing on their TC cosplays?  I'm about 70% done and should be done in time for the con.  So when should we plan for a Gathering (if we're even going to have one)?  I figure either Saturday or Sunday would be good.