Super Sentai vs Power Rangers 2014?

Started by Angelx624, November 25, 2012, 01:05:35 AM

Angelx624

Are you a fan of Power Rangers, but have no idea where it truly began? Are you a Super Sentai fan, and want to know more about it's American adaptation? Well, in this panel, we'll be comparing Super Sentai and Power Rangers. So come join us for a super showy hour!

Yup! Basically we'll be discussing the similarities as well as the differences between Super Sentai and Power Rangers. So please come join us! ^^ Let's make this showy!!
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

renalcul

Angelx624

Well if someone wants to hold a separate panel for Kamen Rider, be my guest.
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

Angelx624

Ok! So, I've been talking with someone, and now I'm thinking about making this a "Sentai vs Power Rangers" panel. Basically it'd be about the differences between Sentai and PR, and stuff like that.

How does that sound? Would it work as a panel? Would anyone be interested in joining in?
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

renalcul

Quote from: Angelx624 on January 10, 2013, 10:45:52 PM
Ok! So, I've been talking with someone, and now I'm thinking about making this a "Sentai vs Power Rangers" panel. Basically it'd be about the differences between Sentai and PR, and stuff like that.

How does that sound? Would it work as a panel? Would anyone be interested in joining in?

Would you just be covering story differences between each series?

Or overall adaptation changes?

Or the entire story rewrites like with Megaforce being Goseiger merged with Gokaiger?

Angelx624

We'd be covering the main differences between PR and Sentai, mostly.
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

jetspectacular

I'm really really interested in this kind of introduction and vs/differences between franchise panel x_x I've been curious about Sentai for a long time but never jumped into it...!! if it happens I'd love to attend!

BunofGovt

I'd love to attend this panel if you have it.  Most of my friends are fans of Super Sentai and Kamen Rider and I'd love to get to know more about differences, similarities, what makes people want to watch one over the other, etc.
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

Angelx624

Good to see people interested in this panel happening!!

I will try my best to make it happen. xDD
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

Angelx624

(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

exploding-goats

I am interested! I have not started any Sentai series yet, and this seems like an awesome panel!

Angelx624

Well, looks like we've been waitlisted. So, once I hear more about the panel, I'll update the first post.
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

HatsuneMarku

Aww, looks like I'm going to be busy during this. Finding new Toku fans is always fun. Good luck with the panel though~

Angelx624

Awwww. D: But thanks!! And yes, yes it is. :P Will you be at the Toku gathering on Saturday? :O
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

SilverPhoenix

*Waves*

I'm one of the ones doing the general Tokusatsu panel.
Nice to erm, meet you. We're a Toku group from Utah and we'll be covering the different forms of Tokusatsu and going "around the world" to showcase different shows and series that fit under the category.

/I/ at least plan on attending your panel seeing as I'm a die hard Sentai/PR fan. Gokaiger for Japanese series and Time Force and Jungle Fury for my American series favorites. <3
FANIME 2013 COSTUME LINEUP

-Ninja Theory Dante
-Spirit Maiden Zelda
-Ghostbuster

Angelx624

Hi there! And that's awesome!! :O I'm going to try to attend your panel! XD With being a fan of not just Sentai but Kamen Rider also. :P

And hope to see you at our panel, as well! ^^
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

SilverPhoenix

Yaaayyy ^_^
We plan on covering a lot more than just Kamen Rider and Sentai though. :) I'm excited to see that all the Toku panels are going to be drastically different from one another and they're all the same day at different times. woohoo~
FANIME 2013 COSTUME LINEUP

-Ninja Theory Dante
-Spirit Maiden Zelda
-Ghostbuster

Angelx624

Awesome. XD And yup, should be quite interesting.
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

Angelx624

So, do you guys want to see this panel back at this year's Fanime? I've been thinking about bringing it back again. :) It's always good to spread Super Sentai/Power Rangers knowledge! ^^
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)