Howl's Moving Castle

Started by HanyaanFaery, February 07, 2005, 07:20:39 AM

HanyaanFaery

Anybody seen this? Anybody heard of it? Has anybody actually read the book?

(I've seen the movie three times, and read the book fifty-three times, and I was the first HMC cosplayer in America, so yeah, you could say I'm a fan.)

protocol7

Quote from: "HanyaanFaery"Anybody seen this? Anybody heard of it? Has anybody actually read the book?

(I've seen the movie three times, and read the book fifty-three times, and I was the first HMC cosplayer in America, so yeah, you could say I'm a fan.)

Soooo much advertising on TV in Tokyo last month... I'd have seen it in theaters if I hadn't been sick as hell :(
FanimeCons resident zombie.
*I* MADE this happen!

KimaLucifer

Read the book. I haven't watched the WHOLE movie yet cause I suffered Jet lag and fell asleep before finishing the movie ;_;

It certainly is a adorable concept though.

*spoiler?*

And OMG so many Howls :3

*end spoiler*
Doll Collecting Frenzy.
MSD#2, SD13#16, YSD Kuuta, MSDOne-offSwDMiuBoy
AoD Lele x2

MSD#17 coming home soon

Living my life away in Japan...hopefully to return for fanime next NEXT year.

Chloe

Ooh, I want to see it so bad!  Is it available for download yet? XD
Cosplays for '10?  WHO KNOWS!?!

HanyaanFaery

Quote from: "Chloe"Ooh, I want to see it so bad!  Is it available for download yet? XD

It is, but you'll have to look pretty hard to find it, and all the versions I've seen are raw with separate subtitle files. And you'll have to be careful; one of the versions is the worst-quality cam I have ever seen, EVER.

Also, it's being released in theaters in America in June. ^_^

firegoddessnerys

Ooh, June? Yay! Can't wait :)

A Tale as Old as Time

gmontem

Anyone know if "Howl" will be shown here in OL or dubbed?
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

Leviathan

Quote from: "gmontem"Anyone know if "Howl" will be shown here in OL or dubbed?

I don't know for sure but if it has gone like the others have before it'll be Dubbed. But then again it depends on where you go. Some theatres will show it subbed. So it's up in the air.

firegoddessnerys

I'm pretty sure if Disney distributes it (highly likely since they've gained the rights to distribute and dub the ghibli films) it will be a dubbed version, but the dvd will have both dubbed and subbed as usual (I like to watch the movies in both languages). Upside is, Disney tends to get some top name talents to dub, for instance, Uma Thurman was a voice in Nausicca...

A Tale as Old as Time

Chu

June?  Sweet... I was wondering when it'd come out.
*drags Kima off to watch, missing graduation*

HanyaanFaery

News: They've announced release dates and most of the cast.

Christian Bale is playing Howl, Jean Simmons is Old Sophie, Lauren Bacall is the Witch of the Waste, Billy Crystal is Calcifer, and Blythe Danner is Madame Suliman.

It opens June 10 in NYC, LA, and SF, and moves into wider release on June 17. It's planned to be released in about 800 theaters.

This may be the big one for anime, folks.

gmontem

I can't wait to see this one... on DVD.  I have a hunch none of the theaters near me will be showing the OL version.   :(  The R3 is believed to be released on July 31 so that puts the R2 release hopefully around June.
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

flammable_kitty

Does anyone know where it'll be showing in SF yet? I'm all excited now.

Leviathan

Man I'm getting anxious too. Can't wait to see it.

firegoddessnerys

June 10th huh...marking that one down...and I def want to see it in SF...
Christian Bale is voicing Howl...*grins* I can definately deal with that...

A Tale as Old as Time

pSyChOgArDeN

Like most of you guys, I gotta wait till June >_<;; I reallly want to see it though @_@;

Fanime '11 Cosplays:
Ramona Flowers -Scott Pilgrim vs. the Universe
Sakura -Cardcaptor Sakura

<33         

EdOfNoName

A group of us (from the greater San Jose, CA area) are going to see the movie on Saturday, June 18th after the No-Name Anime meeting. We'll post details at http://www.nnanime.com once we figure out the exact theater and show times.  Join us if you dare!

hakudoushi

i wanna read it. dont want to see it. not in theaters at least. DEATH TO DUBBING XDD
no really, i have a pet ninja.

so_hungy

I've read it, but haven't seen it...

Haruka

It's playing at the Kabuki 8 Theatre in S.F.  And from the advertisements I've seen, Howl sounds a lot like Brad Pitt.

Unfortunately, it will have to win an Oscar before it will play in Fresno.
Join me at Ani-Jam 2011 in Fresno, CA.  August 20-21