No-Name Anime Club

Started by Chloe, February 21, 2004, 02:42:34 PM

Chloe

If anyone has free time, come check out this Anime Club.  It shows up on the Saturday of each month from 12- 5:30 at the Library.  They have quite a selection of anime showings.  Come see it!

Their website: www.nnanime.com

Okay, so I made this FAQ for any of those who wish to join No-Name

What is No-Name Anime?
"No-Name AnimeTM ("ah-nee-may") is the premiere Japanese animation club in the San Francisco/San Jose region, often showing the best anime before anyone else. We've helped, various local cons, and also held special meetings to help some local libraries with their reading programs in recent years. Our meetings are at the Library, usually on the Saturday of the month, starting at 12:30."

Where is it located?
It is currently located at the Library.

I can't seem to find out where that is, do you have a link?

From what time does the meeting begin and end?
It starts promptly at 12:30 and ends at 5:30.

When is the next meeting?
The next meeting will be on

What will they be showing this month?
They will be showing in the following order:

Do we need to bring anything with us?
Nah, just the usual bare essentials of an otaku.  Yourself, a soft cushion for the maximum amount of pleasure, maybe some cash for lunch, anything "Swap-able", and any artwork you'd like to get critiqued.  Well, you get the deal, right?

Is it free?
By the sacred words of college life, YES!  IT IS FREE!

Now, if there are any other questions or information you need, please visit www.nnanime.com or either PM me or EdOfNoName.

Again, please do come out!  And bring anyone else you can with you!

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

NEWS UPDATE!!!

To check out on the lastest whereabouts of the No-Name Anime Club, check the last page of this thread!!!  Library locations are always changing!  So, please check in!!!
Cosplays for '10?  WHO KNOWS!?!

Suspicious

I've been there once for a Millenium Actress showing (I didn't know what that was yet, lol).  Amazing cuz I never knew there were people showing stuff so close to where I live (only about a 20 minute drive).
»Jrock Con »LJ »MySpace »Website

RyuHayabusa

I need to go back down there again and I will drag someone to take me there lol XDD
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

SpazMegami

I've been going to No Name for over a year(it's less than 10 minutes away) but school work has stopped me from attending the last two...I miss seeing Azumanga Daioh! XD Chiyo-chan's soo cute! ^_^
Current # of bishies in my harem: 562...I've been a busy little spaz monkey! ^_^

Chloe

I bring bad news!

Today's No-Name meeting was cancelled because of the death of the poor projector... *Sniffle*  

We were able to finsih the 1st episode of King Of Bandits Jing and then after that...  Our meeting was concluded.

For those who have been going...  Perhaps I will see you there next time...  I'm a short little asian girl usually in the front rows! (I'm usually there because I can't see very well without my glasses... .>_<.)

gmontem

Quote from: "Chloe"I bring bad news!

Today's No-Name meeting was cancelled because of the death of the poor projector... *Sniffle*  
That could be a blessing in disguise.  It's been about 2 years since I last checked that club out and I wasn't too impressed with the front projector used.  The library sure could use a better projector and scaler.
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

Tama

That one little red dot in the middle of the screen always drives me nuts!  I haven't been able to go the last couple of times.  I really wanted to see the February line up too.  So I was relieved when Senpai told me it was cancelled. (She's the only one in aour group of 7(8?) that made that trip.) Maybe I'll make the next one and I'll see it then.  I know. I'm mean.
taaaa DAAAAA! I LIVE!!!!

Chloe

Yay!  Maybe I'll see you there.

Dragoon

can any of you tell me if there is still an anime club at overfelt highschool. i started the veary first year of it. i couldnt do much with it but show some dbz, and dark stalkers series. i just hope someone took it places i never did. i hope my child grew up in a way i couldnt help it do.
Join the:
THE SHADOW REALM

drallcome

Last time I went was march 30th.. Guess what happen.. NO ONE WAS THERE!  why.. RECCA CON. I was so mad I totaly forgot about that one. errrr
Fanime Member since 1999

ip136

Hrm.. speaking of an anime club.. is there one Anywhere around Sacramento. ;.; I wanna join one.. yesh.. if there is.. uhm.. yeah
Clicky my Art Pwease?

ranma12

shyguy_2357

are u talking about sacramento ? or No name Fanime ?

Sacramento is up north from here ( San jose ) and is the capitol of the state ( California )

No name anime is based in south san jose running out of

Santa Teresa Library...

if ur looking for an anime club, I'm sure almost every community college has some form of anime club... im not sure if its allowed at the middle school or high school level, since again the majority of anime has over PG-13 rated content in it... and of course, if u know of UCDavis they also have an awsome anime club too...

QuoteSpazMegami Posted:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been going to No Name for over a year(it's less than 10 minutes away) but school work has stopped me from attending the last two...I miss seeing Azumanga Daioh! XD Chiyo-chan's soo cute! ^_^

i didnt know u've been going to NN anime... I used to go back in the days... maybe I'll run into ya at some future meeting ne ? just please dont hurt me >_<

ced1106

This month's lineup is up. Good stuff.
http://www.nnanime.com/flyers/2004/sch04_06.html

If you see an idiot demo'ing card games... that's me.

Cedric.
aka. Washu! ^O^
Los Altos Gamesday, Monthly, Saturdays, 10am-11pm
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/gamesday/

Available Sundays for Fantasy Flight Games tabletop gaming in the Santa Clara area.

drallcome

Hopefully Ill make it down this time.
Fanime Member since 1999

jeans

Most middle/high school anime clubs are a bunch of boys sitting around watching DBZ at lunch. I've been told to check out NN, but sadly have not had time.

lyricaldanichan

Quote from: "ip136"Hrm.. speaking of an anime club.. is there one Anywhere around Sacramento. ;.; I wanna join one.. yesh.. if there is.. uhm.. yeah

Try sacramentoanime.com, they have meetings every month and the bi-monthly sac comic/collectibles show which I run the anime video room (or at least til today). lol :D

Chloe

Aw, man...  I might be able to go this month.  I so want to meet you guys too!  At 2:30 P.M., I have to go to San Jose City College to take some sort of Assesment Test for my summer school I will be taking.  Darn... ; - ;

EdOfNoName

No-Name Anime has a free anime showing on Saturday June 18, 2005 at the Saratoga Library (http://www.santaclaracountylib.org/saratoga/ - near San Jose, California). Scheduled is Steamboy, Mermaid's Forest, Figure 17, R.O.D TV and Chrono Crusade: http://www.nnanime.com/flyers/2005/sch05_06.html

(I was tempted to start a new thread so I could edit the first post, but since this thread was already here it seemed more polite to use it. The old projector with the red dot has been replaced with a much better one and some months we even have a backup projector on hand just in case. The new meeting location is the Saratoga Library. For future months, please check the web site, the room at this library is not always available for our use on the 3rd Saturday.)

The No-Name Anime staff enjoy watching subtitled anime with big group of people, we hope you do to!

Chloe

Quote from: "EdOfNoName"No-Name Anime has a free anime showing on Saturday June 18, 2005 at the Saratoga Library (http://www.santaclaracountylib.org/saratoga/ - near San Jose, California). Scheduled is Steamboy, Mermaid's Forest, Figure 17, R.O.D TV and Chrono Crusade: http://www.nnanime.com/flyers/2005/sch05_06.html

(I was tempted to start a new thread so I could edit the first post, but since this thread was already here it seemed more polite to use it. The old projector with the red dot has been replaced with a much better one and some months we even have a backup projector on hand just in case. The new meeting location is the Saratoga Library. For future months, please check the web site, the room at this library is not always available for our use on the 3rd Saturday.)

The No-Name Anime staff enjoy watching subtitled anime with big group of people, we hope you do to!

Hello there!  Nice to see this thread up and running again. Ah, that's right, the new location of Saratoga Library was chosen and such.  Well, this month, I will make it for sure!  I've missed the last two due to... Er.... Stupid things.  Well, in any case, I am still trying to bring in new members since... Things have been dead lately.  In the meantime, I'll continue searching, and will see you soon. Ciao~! ^^