No-Name Anime Club

Started by Chloe, February 21, 2004, 02:42:34 PM

Chloe

Oh, yes. Also everyone, I updated the first post on this thread.  I made a useful FAQ for anyone who'd be interested in coming.  Also, I will be updating the upcoming meetings and showings that they will be having each month.
Cosplays for '10?  WHO KNOWS!?!

EdOfNoName

After the June meeting, the place and time for many of us to go see "Howl's Moving Castle"  is Cineart's Santana Row on  Saturday the 18th at 7:25 PM. People are welcome to join us.

gmontem

Would you happen to know if Cineart will be presenting the subbed or dubbed version?
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

EdOfNoName

Quote from: "gmontem"Would you happen to know if Cineart will be presenting the subbed or dubbed version?

I'm expecting it to be the dub.  I haven't heard of any subbed showings in the South Bay.

~~Loktera~~

Squee! I should tell my friend! We were planing on seeing it Friday afternoon, but, seeing it with a larger group of people in teh evening might be more fun ^_^
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

Chloe

Listen up people!  New edit on the first post!  Information on the next meeting and showings! ;3

mDuo13

Last month I missed No Name due to work, only the second time I've missed it in what will be tomorrow... exactly four years of attending... T_T (My first meeting)

But I'm definitely going tomorrow! I'll be hanging out front as usual, with Chloe & Loktera. And Cedric, too.

You guys should all go -- Master Keaton, Chrno Crusade, R.O.D. TV, Mermaid's Forest, and Giant Robo are all really awesome shows, and I don't think I even need to say anything about Ghost in the Shell. Can't say I know anything about Dokkoida, though.

But seriously, over the years, there have been a lot of really cool things I doubt I'd have ever seen if not for No Name.

Also, I can vouch for my high school anime club not being a typical one. Then again, it was founded by some of the Studio Sokodei folks. ;) But this past year, I showed all kinds of great stuff, from the You're Under Arrest OAV to Tsubasa Chronicle.

But I don't get to go to my high school anime club any more. D:

RyuHayabusa

I wouldn't mind going, but who is willing to pick me up at the santa jose diridon caltrain station?
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Chloe

Quote from: "RyuHayabusa"I wouldn't mind going, but who is willing to pick me up at the santa jose diridon caltrain station?

Um... I'm not sure.... I could if I can drive.  >.<  There has to be someone!  How far is it?

yukie utsumi

Quote from: "ip136"Hrm.. speaking of an anime club.. is there one Anywhere around Sacramento. ;.; I wanna join one.. yesh.. if there is.. uhm.. yeah

Anime clubs? In Sac area?  :lol: I live in Roseville and it seems like all of 5 people like anime here...I attend Sac State and I've never even seen anyone wearing any anime merchandise but myself ^^;

Seriously though, Sacramento is the wrong place to be an anime fan. We have NOTHING. State Capitol and this is what we got?  :(
Fanime 2006 Cosplays
FongLing (Resident Evil: Dead Aim)
Kaoru Kamiya (Rurouni Kenshin)
*NEW* Kasumi (DOA2U Blue Ninja version)

Chloe

Quote from: "yukie utsumi"
Quote from: "ip136"Hrm.. speaking of an anime club.. is there one Anywhere around Sacramento. ;.; I wanna join one.. yesh.. if there is.. uhm.. yeah

Anime clubs? In Sac area?  :lol: I live in Roseville and it seems like all of 5 people like anime here...I attend Sac State and I've never even seen anyone wearing any anime merchandise but myself ^^;

Seriously though, Sacramento is the wrong place to be an anime fan. We have NOTHING. State Capitol and this is what we got?  :(

Wow, actually,I have a friendup in Roseville as well. He's told me of how barren the anime world is there. Isn't there some sort of smalll anime convention up there?  Like, somewhere in the citrus hillsor sunset mall or something?

yukie utsumi

Quote from: "Chloe"
Quote from: "yukie utsumi"

Wow, actually,I have a friendup in Roseville as well. He's told me of how barren the anime world is there. Isn't there some sort of smalll anime convention up there?  Like, somewhere in the citrus hillsor sunset mall or something?

Yeah, sunrise mall. ^^; It's very small...x_x I haven't been to it, I dunno if I'll be able to go this year, because I'll be in LA at that time...

But seriously, though, if anyone from Sac State is reading this, lets start an anime club!  :wink:
Fanime 2006 Cosplays
FongLing (Resident Evil: Dead Aim)
Kaoru Kamiya (Rurouni Kenshin)
*NEW* Kasumi (DOA2U Blue Ninja version)

Spiritsnare

Nyaaa~~ I wasn't able to go to the July screenings, but I'll be there for August! unless something comes up. Grr.

Speaking of which, I was the only newbie who attended the Howl's screening with them! Sorta! (I couldn't find them because the show had already started once I gave up waiting for my friends + getting popcorn + everything else...x.x) Fear the newbieness!
epic progressive

vox

ced1106

Quote from: "yukie utsumi"Seriously though, Sacramento is the wrong place to be an anime fan. We have NOTHING. State Capitol and this is what we got?  :(

??? -- Sac Anime mini-con will meet at the end of July. See the SF Bay Area Events thread on the Things forum, get their contact info, and maybe they'll point out local anime clubs.

Cedric.
aka. Washu! ^O^
Los Altos Gamesday, Monthly, Saturdays, 10am-11pm
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/gamesday/

Available Sundays for Fantasy Flight Games tabletop gaming in the Santa Clara area.

Chloe

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"Nyaaa~~ I wasn't able to go to the July screenings, but I'll be there for August! unless something comes up. Grr.

Speaking of which, I was the only newbie who attended the Howl's screening with them! Sorta! (I couldn't find them because the show had already started once I gave up waiting for my friends + getting popcorn + everything else...x.x) Fear the newbieness!

Mm, I hope to see you there!  Oh, by the way, it'll be at the SARATOGA library next month.  So, remember that!

=w=

~~Loktera~~

WHEE!!! SNARE WILL BE THERE!!!! I an only hope ^.~
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

EdOfNoName

Ooooo! The Fanime BBS is working again!

The next No-Name Anime showing is Saturday Oct 8 at the Santa Theresa Library in San Jose, http://www.nnanime.com/flyers/2005/sch05_10.html.[/b]

Chloe

Quote from: "EdOfNoName"Ooooo! The Fanime BBS is working again!

The next No-Name Anime showing is Saturday Oct 8 at the Santa Theresa Library in San Jose, http://www.nnanime.com/flyers/2005/sch05_10.html.[/b]

Mm, yeah, it got back up just recently(Sorta)...  Well, I'll go update the first post again~!  I'm so sorry for not fixing it sooner....  Oh, and expect me to be at this meeting~!  I'll go in something, just for the heck of it~! >wO

EdOfNoName

Quote from: "Chloe"Well, I'll go update the first post again~!
Thanks! Now that I know the Board is back, I'll try to keep you up to date.

Quote from: "Chloe"Oh, and expect me to be at this meeting~!  I'll go in something, just for the heck of it~! >wO
Great!

No-Name Anime has joined CPM's anime club program. But to stay in it, we need our members to sign up for their on-line fanzine "Gogai! Gogai!". For the regular members who hang out on the Board,  may I ask that you go to http://www.centralparkmedia.com/animeu/signup.cfm and sign up indicating  "No-Name Anime" (and not some other spelling) as the club name.  Any fan artists might try submitting something to "Gogai! Gogai!"  (If any people who are not No-Name Anime members are reading this thread and care, they can sign up under their own club or as an individual -- even if that doesn't help No-Name get swag.)

Chloe

Quote from: "EdOfNoName"
Quote from: "Chloe"Well, I'll go update the first post again~!
Thanks! Now that I know the Board is back, I'll try to keep you up to date.

Quote from: "Chloe"Oh, and expect me to be at this meeting~!  I'll go in something, just for the heck of it~! >wO
Great!

No-Name Anime has joined CPM's anime club program. But to stay in it, we need our members to sign up for their on-line fanzine "Gogai! Gogai!". For the regular members who hang out on the Board,  may I ask that you go to http://www.centralparkmedia.com/animeu/signup.cfm and sign up indicating  "No-Name Anime" (and not some other spelling) as the club name.  Any fan artists might try submitting something to "Gogai! Gogai!"  (If any people who are not No-Name Anime members are reading this thread and care, they can sign up under their own club or as an individual -- even if that doesn't help No-Name get swag.)

Mm, gotcha~!  I've already enrolled myself, so no worries there~!  Hope to see you at the club~! >wO