Frys!!!

Started by Jyunishinsho, November 28, 2005, 12:25:05 PM

Jyunishinsho

Hm....Something interesting Otakuya and I found at Fry's yesterday:

BIG DISCOUNTS ON A LOT OF ANIME
-mainly old and stuff, but nevertheless

We found a lot of stuff there for sale. I got Saber Marionette J program 3 for $7!!!
other things we found, Jubei-chans, hm... and a lot of old anime. Guess you can come here if you want to find something to watch, something you're missing, or whatnot. Selections very i guess.

-Just sayin' thread, but what the heck.

otakuapprentice

fry's is too damn far away! :x
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

ced1106

Holy ****!

Which Fry's? I didn't look closely at the Palo Alto titles, but they seemed to be at retail price. Also, they didn't have any of those rack signs saying there was a sale.

Thanks!

Cedric.
aka. Washu! ^O^
Los Altos Gamesday, Monthly, Saturdays, 10am-11pm
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/gamesday/

Available Sundays for Fantasy Flight Games tabletop gaming in the Santa Clara area.

DayDreamerNessa

argg my bf was at fry's the other day =( that's such an awesome deal.
++ Visit my cosplay website below ++
++ http://www.eternaldaydream.com ++

lyricaldanichan

I noticed that at the San Jose Fry's a month ago, but it is all the so-so Bandai titles. I think Fry's just wanted to get rid of them for better stuff.. bummer :(

Jyunishinsho

The Frys is the one at Brokaw.

The selection is so-so, but hey, they have cheap prices for some good titles, so what the hey. Go nuts.

RyuHayabusa

I'm so getting the G Gundam DVD's. $7 a DVD. I'm so there.  :D
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

G.I.R

Quote from: "lyricaldanichan"I noticed that at the San Jose Fry's a month ago, but it is all the so-so Bandai titles. I think Fry's just wanted to get rid of them for better stuff.. bummer :(
Here in SoCal, the Fry's in Anaheim, Industry, and CostaMesa have had older Bandai titles discounted for about two months now  (same titles and more as mentioned in posts above).
DVD Planet (their store) has also had quite a few Anime titles discounted lately, also mostly older Bandai titles.

Vanessa

Any AnimeEigo titles for that cheap? I really need to rid the VHS of their stuff and get dvds.

ININ

I was at Fry's on Brokaw the day after Thanksgiving.  The store had a selection of anime DVDs as low as $7.00.  The $7.00 I remember were .hack, Saber Marionette, and Gundam (don't know the exact titles).  I think Steamboy was $23.00.  The display was mostly empty.  I think the early morning shoppers took the best bargains.

GokuMew2

Man we live so close to each other. I'm just a few miles away from the Fry's on Brokaw. X.D

I've never bought anime at Fry's before... Then again, I don't buy much anime. =.x Fry's is where I go to get computer stuffs.
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

jinnai_animexcalibur

yeah even the frys in vegas is discounting most of the bandai anime ...around 6.99.
Official Katsuhiko Jinnai Myspace Page

Katsuhiko Jinnai "The Anime Convention Experience" - NEW ORIGINAL CD - COMING SUMMER 2009.

AnimE'xcalibur/Shinoda Sound Recordings

www.shinodasound.com

Shin Gouki

lol my wife and step son both work at fry's  ^_^

lyricaldanichan

Quote from: "Shin Gouki"lol my wife and step son both work at fry's  ^_^

Ick.. I know Fry's is a good place to start, but for the long term working there is horrid. Are they still doing that promotion for people who work 15 years with them get 1 million dollars?

Shin Gouki

aye thay are and my wife works at home office and my son works at the store behind it

pSyChOgArDeN

Quote from: "lyricaldanichan"
Quote from: "Shin Gouki"lol my wife and step son both work at fry's  ^_^

Ick.. I know Fry's is a good place to start, but for the long term working there is horrid. Are they still doing that promotion for people who work 15 years with them get 1 million dollars?

whoa how cool.... o-o

i havent been at fry's in forever long! @-@
i should go there though x-x

Fanime '11 Cosplays:
Ramona Flowers -Scott Pilgrim vs. the Universe
Sakura -Cardcaptor Sakura

<33         

EdOfNoName

Fry's in Sunnyvale has a table display between the cafe and the DVD section with some $6.99 anime DVDs.

G.I.R

News Flash:

Freind of mine told me today that he saw some of the same above Bandai titles at a Big Lot's store for only $3.99. :D

Shin Gouki

lol frys owns that too

ZJCitrusGraffiti

I saw that too! One thing that I paid attention to was that .hack//SIGN volumes 2-5... LIMITED EDITIONS(!!! btw) were going for $6.99. I mean, I'd understand if it was just the normal editions, but LIMITED!?!? *dang!* If only I didn't already have them. [vol. 6, if you were curious, was still at its normal price of $26.99, I think. Go figure.]