No-Name Anime Club

Started by Chloe, February 21, 2004, 02:42:34 PM

Spiritsnare

You know, I hate how No-Name's showings always coincide with something.

Like this one, for example -- 10/8 is the Fanime staff meeting.

I wish I could go. I still owe that dude $5.
epic progressive

vox

Chloe

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"You know, I hate how No-Name's showings always coincide with something.

Like this one, for example -- 10/8 is the Fanime staff meeting.

I wish I could go. I still owe that dude $5.

Aw... You can't make it?  Well... I'll see you at the Halloween Gathering and my Tennis game at your place, MP~! >wO
Cosplays for '10?  WHO KNOWS!?!

lyricaldanichan

Quote from: "yukie utsumi"
Quote from: "ip136"Hrm.. speaking of an anime club.. is there one Anywhere around Sacramento. ;.; I wanna join one.. yesh.. if there is.. uhm.. yeah

Anime clubs? In Sac area?  :lol: I live in Roseville and it seems like all of 5 people like anime here...I attend Sac State and I've never even seen anyone wearing any anime merchandise but myself ^^;

Seriously though, Sacramento is the wrong place to be an anime fan. We have NOTHING. State Capitol and this is what we got?  :(

Actually there is 3, 2 in sac and 1 in davis and some semi-private ones.  

check out http://www.sacramentoanime.com and http://groups.yahoo.com/sacanimefen for more details

The one in Davis is called Davis Anime Club, not sure what the URL is for that one.

It seems like whenever somebody wants to do a anime meeting here, it is either too far out or people end up flaking out. From what I seen in the past it is the later and mostly since they could just download it without being social. I would like to start a club, but the logistics (like renting a room + projector) is horrid. But yeah if you go to a school at least that should make it easier.

/who is also in Sacramento and used to run Foothill Anime (South Bay area) back in the day.

Chloe

--- UPDATED ---  

Check out first page!  Please come and support the club! >w<

EdOfNoName

The stylish and deadly Chloe has updated post #1 with the schedule for the next free No-Name Anime showing at the Saratoga Library on Saturday December 10. (http://www.nnanime.com/flyers/2005/sch05_12.html) Besides our regular anime lineup, we're showing the Godzilla Final Wars movie.  We'll have cake and drinks too.

Faithful attendees should remember to bring their stamped frequent viewer cards!

-- Ed

EdOfNoName

Chloe has updated post #1 with info for this Saturday's showing which includes subtitled Howl's Moving Castle and more.  http://www.nnanime.com/flyers/2006/sch06_01.html

~~Loktera~~

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!! I suddenly wish I had my Howl Cosplay ready for this...  :shock:
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

EdOfNoName

Quote from: "~~Loktera~~"OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!! I suddenly wish I had my Howl Cosplay ready for this...  :shock:

Now I'm going to have nightmares about Loktera in an aluminized suit, flammable liquid, a match and explaining to the head librarian "He was just cosplaying Calcifer -- we didn't know it was against library rules"  :wink:

~~Loktera~~

Quote from: "EdOfNoName"
Quote from: "~~Loktera~~"OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!! I suddenly wish I had my Howl Cosplay ready for this...  :shock:

Now I'm going to have nightmares about Loktera in an aluminized suit, flammable liquid, a match and explaining to the head librarian "He was just cosplaying Calcifer -- we didn't know it was against library rules"  :wink:

Oh.. that was too easy....

EdOfNoName

Check out post #1 where Chloe has updated details for February's showing on Sat 2/11 (thanks, Chloe!) or see http://www.nnanime.com/flyers/2006/sch06_02.html

Spiritsnare

Schoolwork has stopped me from attending the last how many after that Howl's Moving Castle thing, so I will try my hardest to make it this weekend.

I still owe that dude $5, too.
epic progressive

vox

Chloe

Quote from: "Spiritsnare"Schoolwork has stopped me from attending the last how many after that Howl's Moving Castle thing, so I will try my hardest to make it this weekend.

I still owe that dude $5, too.

You better make it Mattie-Wattie or else I'll beat you up. >wO

EdOfNoName

Chloe has updated post #1 with details about this month's meeting which features an InuYasha movie that hasn't been released domestically yet.

Quote from: "Chloe"You better make it Mattie-Wattie or else I'll beat you up. >wO
So we don't have any more regretable incidents :twisted:, I hope not just Spiritsnare but also all the locals on this board can make the March showing.

Spiritsnare

I like how I still keep on obsessing over how I owe that one dude $5.

And I'm very sorry to say that I'm not going to make it for March, either.

This is why I hate school.
epic progressive

vox

gmontem

Just noticed the meeting's at Saratoga Library.  What's that one like compared to the Santa Theresa?  I only attended their Feb 16, 2002 meeting. Thank goodness they archive their old flyers. ;)  I don't remember my first impressions but I won something from their raffle. XD

Edit: I just checked out the staff page. Is it just me or has it not been updated in at least 4 years? XD
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

EdOfNoName

Quote from: "gmontem"Just noticed the meeting's at Saratoga Library.  What's that one like compared to the Santa Theresa?  I only attended their Feb 16, 2002 meeting.

The Saratoga Library has a nice community room.  We now have a bigger screen, a better projector and in the last two months we've figured out where to put it at Saratoga so the subtitles are relatively high compared to people sitting in front.

From the staff's point of view, when Santa Theresa changed from $10/afternoon to $35/hour, it became too expensive for every month. Saratoga is still $10/afternoon. We go back to Santa Theresa sometimes if we can't get the room in Saratoga.

QuoteEdit: I just checked out the staff page. Is it just me or has it not been updated in at least 4 years? XD

People have to come to the showings, get our newsletter and read "Staff Picks" to keep up with our current obsessions!

gmontem

Quote from: "EdOfNoName"The Saratoga Library has a nice community room.  We now have a bigger screen, a better projector and in the last two months we've figured out where to put it at Saratoga so the subtitles are relatively high compared to people sitting in front.
Cool. Maybe I'll check this out if I can. I'm curious to see what kind of budgets public libraries have for these sort of things. Hehehe.

QuoteFrom the staff's point of view, when Santa Theresa changed from $10/afternoon to $35/hour, it became too expensive for every month. Saratoga is still $10/afternoon. We go back to Santa Theresa sometimes if we can't get the room in Saratoga.
Wow I had no idea about those rates. Hmm Saratoga won't let you book several of them in advance, even with a cash deposit?

QuotePeople have to come to the showings, get our newsletter and read "Staff Picks" to keep up with our current obsessions!
Ah I was starting to wonder if you guys had a strict staff policy that prevented any single one of them from leaving. ;) I wonder if Andrew/Reikun is still there.

i feel so loved!

~~Loktera~~

Weee! Anime the day before my birthday!!! What more could a guy ask for? ^^

gmontem

Quote from: "~~Loktera~~"Weee! Anime the day before my birthday!!! What more could a guy ask for? ^^
A kiss from me that you've been wanting at the last gathering!  NOT! XP

i feel so loved!

Kyubi

mm is there an anime club in the area of ft. campbell? calrksville or hpkinsville, nashville i geuss but that would be a long drive