Row Row Fight the Power! Gurren Lagann Gathering 2010

Started by redroses3164, May 27, 2009, 12:03:45 AM

Vensy

I'll swing by in my Yoko cosplay.... ^-^''

my cosplay.com thingy is Vensy. :3  *dances*
Go to http://vensy.net for cosplay and art updates! :3
2011 Cosplay: Miku Hatsune, Flandre Scarlet, Black Gold Saw, Suika Ibuki~~[/center]

redroses3164

Awesome, welcome aboard Vensy! Are you cosplaying the normal Yoko outfit?

Vensy

Go to http://vensy.net for cosplay and art updates! :3
2011 Cosplay: Miku Hatsune, Flandre Scarlet, Black Gold Saw, Suika Ibuki~~[/center]

Barnes

Bump. Working on getting the bended cigarette. Would be cool if I could bend a pencil thing that I bought yesterday *picture coming soon.*
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Ginryuu

I'll try to make it as Kittan.  I have 3 other gathering obligations that take precedence; Saiyuki (since I'm going to be hosting it), Trinity Blood (since I'm working my ass off for a costume for it right now), and Bleach (obligatory for friend cosplay fun).  So if it ends up not interfering with any of those three count me in!

Oh, and I'll bump the cosplay.com thread since I tend to follow that more closely.  ;)

jinglebooboo

;D hi hi there everyone, i can't wait for a gurren lagann photo gathering. i will be yoko myself.
i hope we end up with a kittan from the time skip

Konata00

Woo!
Ill either be Commander Shimon or Garlock Shimon, I havent decided which to make yet~!

Neo-Zaku

I'll have a new sign this year as well. "Vote Rossiu for Supreme Commader in 2012." Though if people want I can remake my "It's ok. I am from the Government and I am here to help." sign as well.
There is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack is to be able to throw yourself at the ground...

...and miss!

Proud Member of TGC!

Barnes

Quote from: Neo-Zaku on January 18, 2010, 07:37:07 PM
I'll have a new sign this year as well. "Vote Rossiu for Supreme Commader in 2012." Though if people want I can remake my "It's ok. I am from the Government and I am here to help." sign as well.

I say bring both, if possible.
Yay, Haruko.

God91125

Simon right here! Who the hell do you think I am?!

Young Simon btw xD

call_me_canada

I posted on the cosplay.com forums but I'll post here too.  I should have my messenger Nia done by then :)

Knightfire

I'm going to have to bring my Tripod to a couple of these gatherings. I take it these times are subject to change?
Starting work for Fanime 2011

Ginryuu

So...Redroses hasn't been online for a while...so I'm going to post this as a random hypothetical question.

Would anybody object if the time was moved up to say...3 or 3:30?  Here are my reasons:

Masquerade people need to meet at 5...and unless you're competing in Gurren Lagann said people (which includes me) will need to change.
While 3 is a little busy, 3:30 is still completely open.
Ok, so masquerade is my only reason.  But still, I'd like to hear thoughts.

ALSO, since it looks like Redroses hasn't been online since last November another issue has come to attention.  We have not been submitted as an official gathering.  Fanime is approaching soon, so personally I'm a tad worried about this.  I would hate to see this die, so would be willing to take over until Redroses returns to claim it.  Of course, if somebody else would like to take over instead of me they can feel free to do so.  I'm just putting it out there as a thought and would like to hear everybody's opinions on this.

And just to be clear...I AM NOT TRYING TO SEIZE CONTROL FROM REDROSES AS THE GATHERING'S LEADER SO I CAN SWITCH STUFF UP SO IT WORKS FOR ME.  I JUST WANT TO MAKE SURE THIS GATHERING HAPPENS SO WE CAN ALL PIERCE THE HEAVENS (mandatory insertion due to use of caps) AND BE EPIC.

Oh, and I'm posting this over at cos.com too so that people over there can give input.

Neo-Zaku

If need be Rossiu can seize governmental control of this gathering again like he did last year. :P

In all seriousness if we get down to crunch time I will contact Redroses about taking over the leadership role of the gathering.
There is an art to flying or rather a knack. The knack is to be able to throw yourself at the ground...

...and miss!

Proud Member of TGC!

Ginryuu

Could you contact her soon actually?  We have less than 2 months before con, and if we're gonna switch up stuff like time before submitting the gathering...it may take some time to get other peoples opinions on the matter.

And if you could host if you wanted to (the novelty of Rossieu leading us not being lost on me).  Or I could host (got two other gatherings I'm hosting, so it wouldn't affect me much to add a third, plus hosting Gurren Lagann could quite possibly be a blast).  Or we could co-host!  Whatever you would like.

Barnes

Yay, Haruko.

Ginryuu

Ok...so in the interest of keeping a deep hole from getting deeper, I'm going to keep track of who has said they're attending and update the list here so whoever end up running it, be it Redroses, Neo-Zaku, or myself, can use it as reference.

Characters:
Kamina: tickyhead's friend ? ; Hime no Toki's friend
Rossiu: Neo-Zaku (Time Skip)
Simon: tickyhead's friend ?; redroses3164's friend; StarAssasin; Konata000 (Time Skip...version to be decided); God91125
Yoko: redroses3164; tickyhead ?; hunnybunny666; Vensy; jinglebooboo (Starboob); kuroikouma
Kittan: Ginryuu
Nia:  Hime no Toki; call_me_canada (Messenger)
Zorthy: Barnes

Count: 18

redroses3164

I'm quite sorry that I haven't been on in so long. I could go on a long detailed thing but I won't because that's just random personal reasons.

Having it at an earlier time is fine by me. I sent the PM to BS for 3 (for now). If there is objections to this time, we can gladly talk about it. I just wanted to make it official ASAP.

Sorry again everyone!

Ginryuu

Thanks bunches for moving it up!  And glad to have you back!

chibibuie

Would love to dress up as Yoko again, but doing Falicia Sat. It wish it was Sunday. :(
*~_^*