2013 Trinity Blood Gathering

Started by kimu, August 28, 2008, 09:56:23 PM

Shokora

Yeah......um....Hetalia is aiming for Sunday at 11am, so I definately need TB to be later than noon....Hetalia (if we get the same amount of people as last year) will likely run OVER an hour and move to another location to finish up the photoshoot.  Even if I bring a simple TB cosplay like Suit!Noelle, it will still take me at least a half an hour to change from Germany to Noelle.  Of course, this is all assuming I can even make it to Fanime, which is still up in the air...

Quote from: kimu on January 12, 2012, 09:06:28 PM
UPDATED first paragraph:
Noon on Sunday can certainly be considered. (Although if Shokora makes it to Fanime she might have Hetalia Sunday morning so be keeping an eye on that one.)
What time is the Kuro planning to be?
Anyone else want to to chime in?

As for location, still going to trust to B's scouting stuff out there to help us. I will do my best to keep us out of hot sun, which if we do a noon shoot the temperature can be a concern.
I don't think water spraying from the fountain will be an issue anymore--from what we're seeing on the reconstruction, looks like the water is being replaced with plants....
But I'll also be sure we have a spot to avoid being bumped around for those with bigger costumes or special fabrics and props.

@manik_semiramis: you would "ditch" appearing to Cain at Fanime? LOL
Whatever you wear, I'm sure we'll have fun.

manik_semiramis

Kuro's  not till 3:30pm anyway and it won't take me long to switch cosplays~.  :D  What about 1pm or 2pm on Sunday instead?  Is that more doable?

@Kimu: ...I recant my former statement.  >_>  I'd rather not incur My Lord's wrath and disappointment.  Especially if Isaak will be there.
-Is there life before coffee? There is NO life before coffee. There is life AFTER coffee!

-Sleep is a symptom of caffeine deprivation.

kimu

@manik--In-character jokes aside, you should really wear whatever you really do want to wear!
That said, it would be fun to have some Orden at this year's gathering. But it's really up to you!

So...if we can look at 1 or 1:30 for a start time...that should help Shokora if she makes it to Fanime. Not sure if we have anyone else involved in Sunday morning gatherings?
If we can keep the gathering time to around a half hour, and run the tea party soonish after it, hopefully Manik, you'd have enough time to visit for a short bit of fun before going to change.

Thank you for feedback!!

manik_semiramis

@Kimu: I know.  ^_~  It's fun to go as Helga, so I'm more than likely going to be her.  I just have to...ah...be more icy, I guess~
-Is there life before coffee? There is NO life before coffee. There is life AFTER coffee!

Shokora

Charis

If Shokora's around I'll likely be tied up with Hetalia stuff beforehand as well -- and if so, 1:30's better than 1:00 for me; I need every moment I can for getting into my pile o'floof. <3

*scampers back to work*
2012 Plans:
  • Gypsy Queen / Kaya Syokka (Trinity Blood)
  • Risai (Juuni Kokki/Twelve Kingdoms)
  • Shusui (Saiunkoku Monogatari)
  • others TBD

manik_semiramis

OMG, guys, my Fanime plans are in Limbo right now.  ~_~  I plan to go still, but the question will be whether or not I can take the time off work.  I'll know in the next couple of months, but it's fairly up in the air.  >:[

kimu

Oh manik! I'm so sad to hear that. I hope things can be worked out for you, as there's a few months before the con.
We will always have a place for you at the gathering! Even if you're up in the air right to the end.

Currently looking like 1:30 is a possible time for our gathering, pending more feedback.
At the least, 1:30 on Sunday is the soonest we will start the gathering.

kimu

Almost time to pick our time. B is letting the big gatherings start now.
So based on what we see after that, I'll steer us toward a 1:30 if that works out.
2 pm if the 1:30 is bad.

Our usual location still exists and is an option--the treed corner by the Marriott. So I will opt for that as our first choice.

The fountain is confirmed gone--but want us out of the sun even if there is no more threat to costumes from water spray.
Also want us out of "bumping range" due to some costumes expected. (Cain wings, Her Eminence's velvet? Let alone we got Inquisition attending this year! :P)
And trying to find us a reasonable enough background that works for us. If something else looks good from any new options, let me know!

manik_semiramis

I hope for 1:30.  >_>  2 would be cutting it sorta close, although I don't think it took us an hour last year to do pictures, did it?

kimu

Depends on the group...year to year we've varied. One year we moved a bit, but it was a 2 hour shoot.
I think the key is if you're on a time limit--then let us know. After the initial group shot, we'll work with you for shots you want to be in. Then you can leave when you need to.
We'll do another group shot near or at the end if there is anyone that shows up late.

manik_semiramis

It's the Kuroshitsuji gathering that I wanna go to after this one, but the cosplay I have for that is fairly simple to put on, so I'm not especially worried about timing.  :D  But I think I'd have to vanish closer to 3. ~_~

K&K4ever

Hay there, could you put me down as a tentative Asta-san (I pray that I can get this done on time)

If I can't I will be there taking pictures.
The sun was raising up above the high
and dense entangled spider's web.  The dew
was dripping from the silky strings and down
through canopy to underbrush.  It splashed
the puddle making one more fountain spring.

kimu

Oh that would be awesome if you joined us! I know you've been wanting for some time.
Just remember the following: "wearable enough" is fine!
:D

If not, as always, do join us for pics and fun.

K&K4ever

@Kimu: I hope it will be. I just need my sowing area back.
The sun was raising up above the high
and dense entangled spider's web.  The dew
was dripping from the silky strings and down
through canopy to underbrush.  It splashed
the puddle making one more fountain spring.

kimu

And I have updated the list again.
:D

More good thoughts to those working on costumes for TB.
And if you need the sugar cubes, I got them...still have 2 boxes left that will be at Fanime....

UPDATE: I have submitted our request to B.

manik_semiramis

XD  It's official~!  My vacation's been granted!  I'll DEFINITELY be at the gathering!

kimu

YEAAAH!
I mean...waaait...Helga with Cain at the gathering....
*hides*
;D

manik_semiramis

^_~  Yes, I'll be there to assist My Lord~  Not that he needs assistance~

But seriously, timewise, I have to switch to my Kuro cosplay right after the gathering, so I'll be going by 3 at the latest, probably.  ;_;  So I won't get to have tea with everyone~  Maybe next time?

kimu

If you have to miss the tea party, then yes, next time!! At least we'll have you at the gathering!
If we end up finishing by 2 (based on everyone there at 1:30, smaller group?, and/or run efficiently on the photo ops...LOL!) we'd start the tea party fun a little sooner, but with this gathering we never know until we get there how it's realllly going to end up going. ;D
(And as for that bit about Your Lord not needing assistance? *smirks*)