Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-5DXAL Gathering 2016

Started by powerofunity, April 30, 2016, 04:58:28 PM

powerofunity

Hello everyone! Last year's YGO cosplay organizer said she isn't planning on heading up this year's, so I decided to step in. Last year was my first time at Fanime, but seeing all of the YGO cosplayers was one of the biggest highlights, and I definitely wanted to have a gathering this year, especially in light of the 20th anniversary movie.

With that said, this is my first time organizing one of these things and I obviously have no idea what I'm doing, so please bear with me, and feel free to leave comments/suggestions! :)

Name of the Gathering: Yu-Gi-Oh! (all series)
Date: Saturday, May 28
Time: 5pm
Meeting Place (MP): G8
Location (L): G8

Legal Statement
Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering/Event this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.

Cosplayers List
(Will be updated as people post.)

Carly Nagisa - powerofunity
Dark Magician Girl - thepharaohinleather
Yami Yugi - slifertheskydragon

Photo Order
All series
Separated by series
-- Manga/Season 0
-- Duel Monsters
-- GX
-- 5D's
-- Zexal
-- Arc-V
Human characters
Monsters (and Magic/Spell/Traps)
Protagonists
Antagonists
Requests

powerofunity

Reserved post for news/updates.

5/16: Officially accepted! Gathering time/date/location all updated in first post.

4/30: Submitted gathering request, aiming for late Saturday afternoon time.

thepharaohinleather

Wonderful! I know you'll do a fine job. Would love to attend as DMG! See you there!
Attendee since 2009

One day I'll cosplay again

powerofunity

Awesome! Thanks for the vote of confidence haha. I can't wait to see your DMG cosplay. And I hope the Gaia cosplayer from last year can make it out too, so you can have a fellow Monster cosplayer! :)

slifertheskydragon

I don't mind to help you if you want

can I suggest not saturday but not first thing friday either

powerofunity

Aw, thank you! Help would be much appreciated, since I'm pretty much just making things up as I go haha. Luckily, the submission process seems pretty straightforward.

As for when, Friday's definitely out, since I'm assuming some people will still be getting their badges or just arriving in town. (Plus I'm not allowed to take that day off work OTL)

Is there a reason for not doing it on Saturday? It seemed to work all right last year, and I've already confirmed with Imperial that late Saturday would be ok, just waiting for the final approval. :/

powerofunity

Woohoo! This year's YGO Cosplay Gathering has officially been accepted! (Thanks to Imperial for getting the final list published ;D)

I've updated the first post accordingly, but here is the info for those of you who don't want to scroll up. It's basically the same as last year, but an hour later.

Date: Saturday, May 28
Time: 5pm
Meeting Place (MP): G8
Location (L): G8

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to comment here! And also please spread the word! I know the gathering got submitted a bit late and a lot of people will have already made plans, but obviously, the more people show up, the merrier~

thepharaohinleather

Woot woot~ Very excited! That time works perfectly with me actually. Can't wait to see you all there! Thank you for letting us know~
Attendee since 2009

One day I'll cosplay again

slifertheskydragon

i'll try to come by as yami otherwise free yugioh movie fliers for everyone haha

powerofunity

Neat, hope you can make it out! I'm sure people will be very excited for the free movie fliers haha. Closest thing we can get to actually watching the movie in the U.S. :)

Sorry the gathering didn't end up being on Sunday, btw. :/ If I get my Reiji wig done in time, I might wear him on Sunday, so maybe we can do an unofficial/informal gathering on that day if people are down for it. If not, there's always next year!

powerofunity

Hope you all had a great Day 1 (and made it through the reg line in one piece)! This is just a friendly reminder that our YGO cosplay gathering will be SATURDAY (i.e. today) at 5pm at G8!

We will probably officially start taking pictures around 5:05, to give everyone time to finish up any panels/events they were at. The goal is to finish in 20-30 minutes, so y'all can have the rest of the hour to enjoy the con~

Starting around 4:45, I will start carrying around a Yu-Gi-Oh! sign that kinda looks like this (colors will vary):

If you see me, feel free to say hi or ask any questions you might have! Word of warning, I may not recognize you if you're a minor character from GX or Zexal (unless you're David Rabb :P ), but I would love to meet all of you regardless. If you also happen to be in line to get an autograph from Masaya Matsukaze (a.k.a. Divine from 5D's) and you see a Carly holding a Death Note, that is probably me, so again, feel free to say hi. :)

Thanks everyone! I already saw some amazing YGO cosplay today, and I'm hoping everyone will be able to join us tomorrow~

powerofunity

THANK YOU to everyone who showed up to the gathering yesterday! You all looked terrific~

Pictures can be found here -- feel free to share your own too: http://powerofunity.tumblr.com/post/145102851584/yugioh-cosplay-gathering-fanime-2016

If you would like me to add any of your cosplay-related social media pages to the Tumblr post, so people can know who you are, please respond here or reblog the post with your information.

Thanks again and I hope we can do this again next year! <3