First Cosplay Help

Started by amaya_JDB, March 09, 2010, 07:42:17 PM

amaya_JDB

I have never cosplayed before and it actually looks like fun, so I kinda wanna do it too. Problem is is that I have strict rules about my hair so I'm not allowed to dye it or cut it shorter than shoulder length, but I can layer my hair so it appears short but the main length is still long. I can also put it in a clip but I rather avoid that so I won't be paranoid about it >.> Oh, I also don't like wigs, I just don't (no offense to people to do), so please don't mention wigs. Thank you.

The only cosplays I've thought of was:
Kikyo - Inuyasha
Tifa - Advent Children
Rinoa - FFVIII
Lenne - FFX-2 (????)

Here's a pic of me (hair's up in a clip)

Height: 5' 7"
Skin Color: Tan & Yellow (if that makes any sense)
Hair: Black-Dark Brown
Eyes: Chinese-like

Any questions just ask.
Occupation: Musician/singer/nurse/student/cashier/cosplayer/otaku/poet/writer/cook/lover/gamer/artist/maniac/woman/foodie/DDRist
In other words, I'm one busy mofo!

Fanime 2012 Cosplays:
Kagome (Inuyasha) <all weekend>

lady_tomoko

I wasn't able to see your pic (link wouldn't open), but I'll help you as much as I can.To be honest,you'll
be pretty limited to what you can cosplay if you don't either 1)wear a wig(sorry I had to metion it) or 2)change your own hair.If your not against hair extentions, you could pick a character that has really long hair, like Kikyo.

amaya_JDB

Quote from: lady_tomoko on March 09, 2010, 10:08:51 PM
I wasn't able to see your pic (link wouldn't open), but I'll help you as much as I can.To be honest,you'll
be pretty limited to what you can cosplay if you don't either 1)wear a wig(sorry I had to metion it) or 2)change your own hair.If your not against hair extentions, you could pick a character that has really long hair, like Kikyo.

Yeah, that's what I thought. That's why I've been picking character with long black hair (shorter than mid-back to longer). I just went blank though so I can't think of anyone else besides those three characters.
I was also thinking Lenne from FF X-2, but I have to get my hair slightly lighter.
Occupation: Musician/singer/nurse/student/cashier/cosplayer/otaku/poet/writer/cook/lover/gamer/artist/maniac/woman/foodie/DDRist

Fanime 2012 Cosplays:

amaya_JDB

oh, I fixed the pic link. Click on it to see bigger

Fanime 2012 Cosplays:

lady_tomoko

You would definatley be a really good Kikyo^-^(now that I see your pic)

amaya_JDB

Quote from: lady_tomoko on March 09, 2010, 10:38:10 PM
You would definatley be a really good Kikyo^-^(now that I see your pic)

ah, that's what everyone else says around me.
thank you ^^

Fanime 2012 Cosplays:

Rodney_Pheonix

If done right you could pass as Yuko Ichihara from XXXHolic.
Personal FanimeCon 2015 Fund: ?/?
Planned 2014 Cosplays:
Kiev Klanker
A young Sidrovich?
HL2 Combine (concept art trenchcoat one)
Something something....no idea yet.

lady_tomoko

Quote from: Rodney_Pheonix on March 10, 2010, 10:03:02 AM
If done right you could pass as Yuko Ichihara from XXXHolic.

OMG, why did i not think of that one!!! I love XXXHolic.

BSaphire

There is a thread for this type of Cosplay post located here:

http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,13581.0.html

Thank you
B
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC