Good place to get a cooler?

Started by amaya_JDB, March 15, 2010, 02:38:54 PM

amaya_JDB

Does anyone know a good place to get a 150qt cooler for a good price?
Occupation: Musician/singer/nurse/student/cashier/cosplayer/otaku/poet/writer/cook/lover/gamer/artist/maniac/woman/foodie/DDRist
In other words, I'm one busy mofo!

Fanime 2012 Cosplays:
Kagome (Inuyasha) <all weekend>

lyricaldanichan

Have you tried Target, Wal-Mart, Wallgreens, Home Depot?

I would imagine that would be the easiest places to get a cooler.

Menchi

Eighty bucks at Walmart.

The question is somewhat vague. Do you need to know of a place close to the con so you can buy it when you get there?  Or are you local and just looking for a place with a good deal/sale?

amaya_JDB

Quote from: Menchi on March 15, 2010, 02:51:24 PM
Eighty bucks at Walmart.

The question is somewhat vague. Do you need to know of a place close to the con so you can buy it when you get there?  Or are you local and just looking for a place with a good deal/sale?

Oh sorry. Just locally. I live in Sacramento. I'm just comparing prices for a cooler, and I don't know places that sell it besides Wal-Mart ('cause they sell everything -.-)
Occupation: Musician/singer/nurse/student/cashier/cosplayer/otaku/poet/writer/cook/lover/gamer/artist/maniac/woman/foodie/DDRist

Fanime 2012 Cosplays:

lyricaldanichan

I also live in Sacramento, but yeah try those places I suggested. If anything, google maps can help you find the locations of the store.

Quote from: amaya_JDB on March 15, 2010, 07:18:30 PM
Eighty bucks at Walmart.

The question is somewhat vague. Do you need to know of a place close to the con so you can buy it when you get there?  Or are you local and just looking for a place with a good deal/sale?

Oh sorry. Just locally. I live in Sacramento. I'm just comparing prices for a cooler, and I don't know places that sell it besides Wal-Mart ('cause they sell everything -.-)

amaya_JDB

Quote from: lyricaldanichan on March 15, 2010, 07:34:50 PM
I also live in Sacramento, but yeah try those places I suggested. If anything, google maps can help you find the locations of the store.

Eighty bucks at Walmart.

The question is somewhat vague. Do you need to know of a place close to the con so you can buy it when you get there?  Or are you local and just looking for a place with a good deal/sale?

Alright thanks. Do you think Big Lots might have one too?

Fanime 2012 Cosplays:

lyricaldanichan

Last time I was there over a month ago they did have them, but I dunno about the size you are looking for.

Quote from: amaya_JDB on March 15, 2010, 07:42:26 PM
Quote from: lyricaldanichan on March 15, 2010, 07:34:50 PM

Eighty bucks at Walmart.

Alright thanks. Do you think Big Lots might have one too?

Kyra_Maverick

The closer it gets to summer, more places will carry them and maybe have them on sale.

michiko nakano

yeah... and idk if it would serve your purposes, but the styrofoam ones might be cheaper?

amaya_JDB

Quote from: michiko nakano on March 15, 2010, 08:20:46 PM
yeah... and idk if it would serve your purposes, but the styrofoam ones might be cheaper?
But wouldn't the Styrofoam ones melt a bit quicker than the plastic (or whatever they are) ones?

Fanime 2012 Cosplays:

amaya_JDB

Quote from: Kyra_Maverick on March 15, 2010, 08:09:49 PM
The closer it gets to summer, more places will carry them and maybe have them on sale.
You got a huge point -.- I didn't even think about that

Fanime 2012 Cosplays:

michiko nakano

Quote from: amaya_JDB on March 15, 2010, 08:23:10 PM
But wouldn't the Styrofoam ones melt a bit quicker than the plastic (or whatever they are) ones?
eh, they're just as good.  something to do with the polystyrene being 80% air and so it insulates super super well and prevents heat transfer blah blah blah.  plus they're only like five bucks at the gas station.  i mean, they tend not to last for multiple uses i've heard, but if it's just for fanime it should be fine.  and if you're really really worried, keep it in the tub when you're not using the tub, to avoid any and all water damage charges to the hotel bill.

amaya_JDB

Quote from: michiko nakano on March 15, 2010, 09:11:47 PM
Quote from: amaya_JDB on March 15, 2010, 08:23:10 PM
eh, they're just as good.  something to do with the polystyrene being 80% air and so it insulates super super well and prevents heat transfer blah blah blah.  plus they're only like five bucks at the gas station.  i mean, they tend not to last for multiple uses i've heard, but if it's just for fanime it should be fine.  and if you're really really worried, keep it in the tub when you're not using the tub, to avoid any and all water damage charges to the hotel bill.
you do have a good point. I'll take that into consideration.

thanks ^^

Fanime 2012 Cosplays:

michiko nakano

:3

p.s. you can always test it out too before fanime, the weather is getting nice!

otakuapprentice

I plan on grabbing one of the Styrofoam ones before I drive up from Los Angeles; nothing like a six-hour road-trip with a crapload of snacks and a cooler full of energy drinks, water, sodas and $5 subway sandwiches.

San Jose, here I come.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

heeroyuy135

For this year, I'm going with a plastic cooler as in previous years mesh-style coolers have leaked and I plan to pack more in as I have more people in my room this year.

I would wait until around the end of April/early May for sales as they'll try to cash in on the start of summer.

EDIT: I went to Home Depot and they don't have any coolers.

Kyra_Maverick

I work at Lowe's (Home Depot competitor) and we just started selling coolers this year. Not any giant ones, but medium to small ones for picnics and outdoor parties.

heeroyuy135

What's the biggest size cooler in terms of quarts that Lowe's sells?

Kyra_Maverick

Quote from: HeeroYuy135 on March 16, 2010, 04:04:35 PM
What's the biggest size cooler in terms of quarts that Lowe's sells?
Not sure off the top of my head. I'll find out for you tomorrow though.

rude32

A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer