2012 Cosplay Battle Event

Started by Eliteslayer, July 08, 2009, 02:28:55 PM

Sunara Ishi

Quote from: Somebody on May 31, 2010, 08:41:58 PM
I had a lot of fun too! Too bad I didn't know the "cake" was poisoned! xD
Yes I definitely hope to attend next year, hopefully with a weapon and with better practiced stances. :P
X3
There was a reason why it was bright pink and glowing... XP
But in video games, you don't always die when you are poisoned anyway. XD;
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Crewd

I am sorry I couldn't make it in the end

BSaphire

Quote from: Eliteslayer on May 31, 2010, 04:01:16 PM
Well, I'd say we had a pretty decent turnout. Glad to see all the awesome costumes you guys had, and I hope everyone who attended had fun. Can't wait to see pics from it, you all had some awesome battles!

For those who missed it, don't worry, we'll be doing this again next year. I know the location this year was a little hard to find, but we'll see where we end up next year.
You better Eliteslayer! I want to do it next year! :) Just change your first post subject line to include 2011 and then what ever needs to be cleaned to fit 2011 on the first post and I will add you to the new 2011 URL list with my Jump Checkers!

Thanks for doing this event! AWESOME!!!
Squidges
B

BTW... I would like a pic for the 2010 Gatherings & Events Scrap Book if anyone has a good one ^^)
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

Eliteslayer

@ Crewd: Don't worry about it. Some people couldn't make it, others signed up at-con, it all balanced out.

@ BSaphire: Will do!

Okay guys, you heard her. Who's got pictures? Let's see what you've got!
Cosplay battle! Three-pose Fight
The works of Ken Akamatsu 2010
"Abridging a Series" Panel

Hope you can attend 'em!

Xepherian

i'm totally in for 2011.

hopefully my hazama cosplay will succeed as hard as i want it to.

Aeredon

Count me in for this :D I didn't know about this event until the con was over unfortunately, so I wasn't even able to watch it as it was going on T_T

BSaphire

@ Eliteslayer: Could we possibly do this two days? Like Friday and Sunday? I want to see if Cosplayer Dodgeball went as well and try to have it Friday and Saturday. Then with Chess on Saturday or Sunday and Checkers on Sunday it will make for one cool event every day for the cospeeps! :)
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

Eliteslayer

When I'd be able to host them depends on how my schedule looks, but I think that might very well be doable. And even if one of them gets scheduled for a time I can't make it, someone else can host/referee for it in my absence. If two days sounds good to everyone, then I see no reason not to.

Hope you can attend 'em!

Rebeccakh

buahaha!! im totally going in 2011 > w < !! it was so much fun gyah ill be either fran from ff12 or ouka from .//hack legend of the twilght and i shall hug you again > : 3

Angelx624

Lol wow already?? XD

Well I'm definately going again. =P Either as Tifa from FF7 AC or Athena from KOF. :D
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

AbsolutelyCursed

Will definitely do this again, this time I will sign up. I'm all for the two days.

BSaphire

If things work out next year for me I want to come and take pictures. Great photos! I might even jump in there too! :P
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

Eliteslayer

Okay, bumping this thread up a little, since I've been mulling an idea around.

Who wants a little background music for the fights? I've got the battle theme from Final Fantasy 7, and a soundtrack from Guilty Gear. What else would you recommend? (Also, my speakers aren't that great, so if someone could volunteer to bring better speakers, that would be most appreciated.)

Hope you can attend 'em!

lady_tomoko

Quote from: Eliteslayer on July 13, 2010, 09:56:44 PM
Okay, bumping this thread up a little, since I've been mulling an idea around.

Who wants a little background music for the fights? I've got the battle theme from Final Fantasy 7, and a soundtrack from Guilty Gear. What else would you recommend? (Also, my speakers aren't that great, so if someone could volunteer to bring better speakers, that would be most appreciated.)

background music would be epic! XD

I sadly missed it this year, but i am definately interested in coming next year; Im hoping it might be on Friday (Saturday and Sunday are gonna be busy for me with gatherings).

Yuu

" Your aren't taking sides if you spread out violence evenly"

KaiLaharl

depending on the day ill be able to attend still need to work on what cosplays will be what day

artisticpsyco

depending on when it is I'll be able to go c: I had to miss it last year so Im really hoping I can make it this time.

Eliteslayer

Alright, glad to see so many people already want to join in next year! Still too soon to decide on a time, since we've all got gatherings we'll want to work around, but since we'll be doing this two days, even if you miss one, there's always the other.

Hope you can attend 'em!

BSaphire

BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

Eliteslayer

Okay, another bump to reactivate this thread: since it'll be a two-day event, I figure Saturday and Sunday would be the natural days for it. Would you guys prefer earlier in the day, later in the day, or midday? There'll be a lot of gatherings to compete with, so I'm thinking later in the day would probably be best, but I'm open to suggestions.

Hope you can attend 'em!