2011 Kuroshitsuji: Afternoon Tea

Started by sael, November 08, 2010, 12:49:31 AM

lady_tomoko

Quick question about food; is it alright for us to bring our own food? (just for ourselves). I have a gluten allergy and will most likely not be able to eat most(if not all) of the food that is there, except for tea XD.

Also might be attending as Ciel for the tea, just a heads up ^^

sael

Bringing food for yourself is absolutely fine. :) Allergies are always to bothersome and it's best to be safe rather than sorry - I'd hate for your day to be ruined by something like that.

Also, list updated.

Returning to the issue of time and place:

If it's okay with everyone, I think I'll schedule the tea for a half hour after the gathering ends. This will allow for migration to the tea location without rush. Thoughts?

As for location... San Jose weather during Fanime always seems to change throughout the day, so inside is likely the more comfortable option for the tea. BSaphire has mentioned the possibility of using the Cosplay Hangout which is both close to the convention center and indoors. However, if we can't reserve this location, what would be everyone's second choice?

BSaphire

Quote from: chaosbark on February 14, 2011, 11:30:25 PM
Bringing food for yourself is absolutely fine. :) Allergies are always to bothersome and it's best to be safe rather than sorry - I'd hate for your day to be ruined by something like that.

Also, list updated.

Returning to the issue of time and place:

If it's okay with everyone, I think I'll schedule the tea for a half hour after the gathering ends. This will allow for migration to the tea location without rush. Thoughts?

As for location... San Jose weather during Fanime always seems to change throughout the day, so inside is likely the more comfortable option for the tea. BSaphire has mentioned the possibility of using the Cosplay Hangout which is both close to the convention center and indoors. However, if we can't reserve this location, what would be everyone's second choice?
Because of Hotel contracts there won't be any outside food allowed in CH MRH, only food from the hotel, however your party can use CPMS (Concourse Patio Marriott Side) or you can have it picnic like in the tree area down at the base of the stairs by the outside portion of the Hilton Bar.
CPMS:
+ Closer to Fairmont
+ Tables & Chairs are available
+ Some electrical outlets close
+ visible through glass patio doors to the concourse level of the con center
+/- partially shaded area
+/- bbq food provider in general location
- area is open to other attendees

Tree area by CH HRH
+ Shaded area semi secluded
+ Stairs &/or trees provide nice photo possibilities
+/- no table or chairs, but blankets would be needed making it picnic
+/- Close to Cosplayer Hangout (use outlet if needed)
- area is open to other attendees (much more limited #'s than the CPMS)

So those are the pros & cons to both areas. Let me know what you decide :)
Squidges
B
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

ruby19_4

Guess I will bring something else and not hot tea. Any suggestion everyone wanted to drink.

sael

Thanks for informing us, B.

Ok, so the Hangout spot isn't an option. What location would be preferred?

1) Inside or Outside?
2) Chairs? (I know that some cosplayers will need/want chairs).
3) How far from the convention center?

Let's hear your opinions.

ruby19_4

I dont mind to be outside or inside. Any where is fine. Preferable near the convention. I know they might wanna go somewhere after that, like the ball. I could bring some blanket for the floor, so our clothes wont be dirty.

lady_tomoko

Inside might be a good idea, since it will most likely be pretty warm outside

Duo Monkey

Inside is best for those of us with long wigs. Eheheheheh...
My service dog is the big white fluffy one. Please help us help children by sharing photos of him so we can go to more children's hospitals!

InsaneChan

I saw this event last year and wished I could have joined you! It looked so fun, and everyone was dressed so well ^^

I'd really like to attend, although I don't own any Kuro cosplay. However, I do own quite a bit of Lolita (the fashion kind). Would that be acceptable to wear?
Love. Life. fANIME.

sael

Fans of the series are welcome to join, just be mindful of photographers who want photos of only certain characters. :)

Just waiting for a day/time to be set for the actual gathering.

Angelx624

As I said in the gathering thread, I still hope I can make it to both~ ;w; As the masquerade is on the same day, and I'm gonna be in a skit(as Grell, teehee~)
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Satsuki (Totoro)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)
Mikoto Misaka

sael

Guest list updated.
Time of tea updated.

Let's talk location:

In the past, we have had the tea in two different locations. The first tea (2009) was in the Fairmont which, though it's a bit of a walk to get there, is quite beautiful. The 2010 tea was held on the Concourse level Patio Marriott Side. We can also choose to have the tea elsewhere.

Given the time of the tea (4PM) I assume that an air conditioned area is preferred.

What are everyones' thoughts on walking and the availability of seats? Please also remember that having the tea inside one of the hotels/hotel lobbies means that we must be mindful of how much noise we make and of the needs of other hotel guests.

That said, discuss and put forth ideas.

TwistedFayt

I'm cosplaying as Ciel Phantomhive. However, I am unsure whether or not I will be able to attend both gatherings since it is early before the convention. I shall see what I can do.
Fanime 2013 Cosplays:
The Bride class - Fire Emblem Awakening
Morgan - Fire Emblem Awakening
A full fursuit of my fursona Fayt
A full fursuit of my other character Shyla

manik_semiramis

I'd like to come to the afternoon tea too!  ^_^  As Ciel, though I'm not sure which costume to wear~
-Is there life before coffee? There is NO life before coffee. There is life AFTER coffee!

-Sleep is a symptom of caffeine deprivation.

Moony

I was thinking about bringing some loose leaf tea, will there be a strainer on hand or should I plan to bring one as well?
- Failure to understand the importance of a Shinigami's glasses are reason for a pay cut! -

~*~ I make costumes! follow me on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/moonycouture ~*~

ruby19_4

Quote from: Moony on April 19, 2011, 07:22:19 AM
I was thinking about bringing some loose leaf tea, will there be a strainer on hand or should I plan to bring one as well?

I was planning to bring tea too, but I dont know how or where to get hot water.

Moony

Quote from: ruby19_4 on April 19, 2011, 09:48:53 PM

There's an electric kettle someone's bringing I read somewhere. Either in this thread or the cos.com one :) I'd love to bring my whole teaset, but since I'm flying pretty far I'd hate for it to get damaged >_<
- Failure to understand the importance of a Shinigami's glasses are reason for a pay cut! -

~*~ I make costumes! follow me on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/moonycouture ~*~

sael

Quote from: Moony on April 20, 2011, 08:13:17 AM
Quote from: ruby19_4 on April 19, 2011, 09:48:53 PM

There's an electric kettle someone's bringing I read somewhere. Either in this thread or the cos.com one :) I'd love to bring my whole teaset, but since I'm flying pretty far I'd hate for it to get damaged >_<

I'll be bring bringing a silver teapot and platter. I just polished/cleaned both so that they're shining. If anyone wants to take pictures with them and/or to put tea in the teapot, I'm more than happy to let you as long as I get them back when the tea is over.

EDIT: Make that 2 teapots, a sugar bowl, and a creamer all silver-plated. Plus 12 tea cups with saucers.  Since I'm bring all this, I don't think I'll be bringing the sandwiches I promised earlier (but who knows).  I'll also provide hot water (in the teapots) and a pitcher of cold water.

Moony, I do not know where my strainer is, so if you wish to bring yours it would be much appreciate. Otherwise I can provide tea bags.

sael

TwistedFayt

Also, I would like to bring something but I'm not sure what to bring. Is there a list of specifics about the things that we could bring with us to the gathering?
Fanime 2013 Cosplays:
The Bride class - Fire Emblem Awakening
Morgan - Fire Emblem Awakening
A full fursuit of my fursona Fayt
A full fursuit of my other character Shyla