Homestuck Gathering 2012 *Updated 5/15*

Started by shy-cosplayer, September 07, 2011, 07:58:25 PM

Unluck

oOSayu-SayuOo

I'll be going as Waste of Space Hussie~
Red+b/w Maid + Random reverse strap + Sailor Outfit!Italy

keitoghostie

I will DEFINITELY be Jade, Eclectica Dress outfit for the gathering unless something comes up!

EDIT: there's a good chance i'll be bringing my flute along with me!!

Kirstin

I will hopefully be going as fem!Jake English

marisuga

Ok not to be rude, but should someone else take over this gathering as the original person hasn't been responding :/ I know they're capable but I just don't know where they are!

I already have my hands full so I'm not saying I want to take it over, but just wondering on others' thoughts...

Kuudere

Quote from: Marisuga on May 09, 2012, 12:44:52 AM
Ok not to be rude, but should someone else take over this gathering as the original person hasn't been responding :/ I know they're capable but I just don't know where they are!

I already have my hands full so I'm not saying I want to take it over, but just wondering on others' thoughts...

I get where you're coming from. We are on a deadline to submit this as an official gathering (I believe the cutoff is the 17th), and the leader is the one who needs to submit our time and location, or else people who are not on the forums will have no knowledge of this gathering (because it won't be listed in the official list that gets posted). Also, they're talking about moving the gathering to a different location on Tumblr, which hasn't been reflected here yet.

I noticed that the thread creator has an active tumblr...I will try to reach out to her there.

EDIT: Okay, I messaged her yesterday. How long should we wait for a response? We're down to less than a week to submit the info.

Hakoshi

I believe I will be there as God Tier Dave, with my green jacket John.

sockinglyRobotic

going as Fancy!Tier Jane with my sister who is going to be Fancy!Teir feferi, and my friend who will either be Vriska or Gamzee that day.

Also, where exactly is the meetup? The other post on cosplay.com says the grove of trees by the marriot, the old location on that post is right of the convention center. This post says left of the convention center. :?

Kuudere

Quote from: sockinglyRobotic on May 13, 2012, 01:38:14 AM
going as Fancy!Tier Jane with my sister who is going to be Fancy!Teir feferi, and my friend who will either be Vriska or Gamzee that day.

Also, where exactly is the meetup? The other post on cosplay.com says the grove of trees by the marriot, the old location on that post is right of the convention center. This post says left of the convention center. :?

I am trying to work the location thing out as well, because there have been different locations posted to different websites. The chances of it being directly outside the convention center are slim, because the Kuroshitsuji gathering is scheduled for that area at the same time. There was some vague mention of a grove of trees either by the Hilton or across from Fairmont (I believe I've read both). There ARE parks in both locations (Plaza de Cesar Chavez - the one across from Fairmont, is smaller but it would work and it's one I'm more familiar with). The one across the street to the left of the Hilton (Guadalupe River Park) is larger, but I have never actually gone there, so I don't know what that one's like. I have no idea which of these two places they're planning to host it, though.

BSaphire

@ Shy Cosplayer: I sent you a PM please respond ASAP
Thank you
B
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

philepicphails

Oh, plus I might bring be bringing along a March!Eridan along with me.

TheMusician

Quote from: MeowDesu on May 13, 2012, 01:53:23 AM

I am trying to work the location thing out as well, because there have been different locations posted to different websites. The chances of it being directly outside the convention center are slim, because the Kuroshitsuji gathering is scheduled for that area at the same time. There was some vague mention of a grove of trees either by the Hilton or across from Fairmont (I believe I've read both). There ARE parks in both locations (Plaza de Cesar Chavez - the one across from Fairmont, is smaller but it would work and it's one I'm more familiar with). The one across the street to the left of the Hilton (Guadalupe River Park) is larger, but I have never actually gone there, so I don't know what that one's like. I have no idea which of these two places they're planning to host it, though.
On Tumblr phantom-shadow is hosting a Homestuck gathering at the park across the street with the statue. I'm assuming that one is the Guadalupe River Park. If you guys would like we can merge and confirm this gathering into that one? Of course I'm not trying to like 'take over' per se, just merely suggesting and see what you guys think!
And of course I will find the post that she put up so that you guys can all view it~

As for who I will be, I will be DualScar with my Ancestors group for the gathering (:

Kuudere

Quote from: TheMusician on May 14, 2012, 05:06:54 PM

On Tumblr phantom-shadow is hosting a Homestuck gathering at the park across the street with the statue. I'm assuming that one is the Guadalupe River Park. If you guys would like we can merge and confirm this gathering into that one? Of course I'm not trying to like 'take over' per se, just merely suggesting and see what you guys think!
And of course I will find the post that she put up so that you guys can all view it~

As for who I will be, I will be DualScar with my Ancestors group for the gathering (:

Oh yes, I actually responded to phantom-shadow's post on Tumblr as well. You're referring to this post? http://scratchman.tumblr.com/post/22307710099/fanime-homestuck-gathering

They are working together with Awkward Cosplay that is also running this gathering, so I'm pretty sure it's the exact same gathering. On the post I linked, they are talking about going to the park across from Hilton. Originally they said the park across from Fairmont, but perhaps it's been officially changed to Guadalupe.

On the Cosplay.com thread for this gathering (also hosted by Awkward Cosplay, linked in that same tumblr post: http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=276486) they say it's at the "Right side of the convention center, down towards the grove of trees." That vague description could mean either of the parks depending on whether you're facing toward or away from the convention. Using the name of the park would greatly help identify it.

Here on the Fanime forums, the information is outdated all together and doesn't reflect that the gathering is moved off of the convention. We need all three sites to say the exact same information, which is understandably harder when 3 different people are posting on each site.

So since they're all posted by the same cosplay group as the one in this thread, I don't think merging is necessary. We just need to have them state which park they plan to gather at (preferably by name so even directionally challenged people like me can find it).

megameganman

Quote from: TheMusician on May 14, 2012, 05:06:54 PM

There are two parks near the convention, Guadaloupe River Park and Gardens (37.327717,-121.89274) and the Plaza de Cesar Chavez (37.332301,-121.889637).

Guadaloupe River Park and Gardens is west of the convention on San Carlos and has a large Monopoly board in it. It does not have a lot of tress around, it's an open field basically. It doesn't have a statue.

Plaza de Cesar Chavez is north east of the convention center and has a statue of a dragon (it kind of looks like poo). It is the oval shaped park in between Market. This park has a lot more trees and would be a lot cooler temp wise and better location for pictures.

Using right and left is confusing because it can change from where you are standing. Even using North, South, East and West can be confusing. Please use names of the parks and locations you are talking about to clear up confusion.

IneloquentFormalties

Hello! Okay, so I had planned to be co-hosting the event with Awkward cosplay and we confirmed running it but I haven't heard from them in over a month. I will assume, unless told otherwise by them, that it is okay to make the nessiscary plans/changes to make this gathering happen. The plan of action we had assumed on taking would be to move the gathering to the park with the Dragon Statue. (Though a little further down towards the fountains. There is ample space there and we wouldn't be in the way of anyone else. This, facing away from the convention center, is to the right and upwards. Quite literally not a 2 minute walk. Does this sound okay with everyone?
Tumblr::IneloquentFormalities
Facebook::EloquentArtistry

BSaphire

I did receive the SR information for this gathering and like many of you I was concerned with the different locations, especially since Homestruck gatherings across the US have become quite the attraction and I think this gathering will be much larger than the 20 something cospeeps that have said they would attend.

I left a post here and on the C.c thread for shy cosplayer to contact me but have had no luck in receiving a reply. I offered a suggestion to her about having the official gathering at 4:13 @ FMS (which a 100+ cospeep gathering can handle) and then at 5 pm moving to the park (CCPFH - the one with the poo statue) to have games/ random photos/ etc.

There is only 3 days left before I close the Official List and I really would like to get this on there. Anything you guys can do to get a message to shy cosplayer I would appreciate it since she didn't list anyone else as assistants to this gathering.

Thank you
B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

IneloquentFormalties

Quote from: BSaphire on May 15, 2012, 01:33:00 AM
I did receive the SR information for this gathering and like many of you I was concerned with the different locations, especially since Homestruck gatherings across the US have become quite the attraction and I think this gathering will be much larger than the 20 something cospeeps that have said they would attend.

I left a post here and on the C.c thread for shy cosplayer to contact me but have had no luck in receiving a reply. I offered a suggestion to her about having the official gathering at 4:13 @ FMS (which a 100+ cospeep gathering can handle) and then at 5 pm moving to the park (CCPFH - the one with the poo statue) to have games/ random photos/ etc.

There is only 3 days left before I close the Official List and I really would like to get this on there. Anything you guys can do to get a message to shy cosplayer I would appreciate it since she didn't list anyone else as assistants to this gathering.

Thank you
B

FMS being the Fairmont Marriott Side? Okay. She or one of the other organizers had voiced concerns about this location because the Kuroshitsuji gathering would be being held in the same time and or place? I'm not sure if that had been resolved. I've messaged her on here and tumblr but so far, nothing. I'll let you know if I get a reply and tell her to message you asap.
Tumblr::IneloquentFormalities
Facebook::EloquentArtistry

BSaphire

Quote from: PhantomShadow on May 15, 2012, 01:44:41 AM

Thank you
B

FMS being the Fairmont Marriott Side? Okay. She or one of the other organizers had voiced concerns about this location because the Kuroshitsuji gathering would be being held in the same time and or place? I'm not sure if that had been resolved. I've messaged her on here and tumblr but so far, nothing. I'll let you know if I get a reply and tell her to message you asap.

FMS is out front and up in the corner on the Marriott Hotel side where the trees are. Kuroshitsuji is way over by the Hilton Hotel and they will be having their tea from 4 - 5 and then they reserved a room inside so they shouldn't be a problem for all of you.
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

megameganman

Quote from: PhantomShadow on May 14, 2012, 11:56:24 PM
Hello! Okay, so I had planned to be co-hosting the event with Awkward cosplay and we confirmed running it but I haven't heard from them in over a month. I will assume, unless told otherwise by them, that it is okay to make the nessiscary plans/changes to make this gathering happen. The plan of action we had assumed on taking would be to move the gathering to the park with the Dragon Statue. (Though a little further down towards the fountains. There is ample space there and we wouldn't be in the way of anyone else. This, facing away from the convention center, is to the right and upwards. Quite literally not a 2 minute walk. Does this sound okay with everyone?

I think the Plaza de Cesar Chavez is the best place for us to gather (the one with the dragon statue) =)
I just hope that the information gets to the Official List on time!

Kuudere

Thank you
B

Your suggestion of meeting at the Marriott, then moving to the park for additional photos sounds great to me, personally. I was worried there would be no room for us with Kuroshitsuji happening at the same time, but it would be wonderful to meet there because it's an easy place to locate. If it lasts until 5 (which it probably would, knowing all the different group photos that will be wanted), we can then move the group to the park to make space for the next gathering. How does this sound to everyone?

Also, we need someone designated to signing us in before the gathering takes place. Since I'm not sure whether the thread leader here will be doing that or not, can we have a backup leader?