Hotel FAQ (Updated 3/2/12)

Started by M, February 06, 2012, 07:43:05 PM

M

Quote from: Makise09 on February 26, 2012, 03:16:03 PM
Quote from: MPLe on February 26, 2012, 12:24:24 AM
Added shuttle information.

Thank you for the shuttle info! I wasn't expecting any for another month or two so this is really great  ;D
No problem. It's also not finalized and may change. :X
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

Barnes

QuoteQ: There are three hotels that are pretty far away (DoubleTree, Radisson, and Wyndham). How do we get to FanimeCon from those hotels? (Added on 2/7/12, Updated on 2/25/12)
A: We will have a shuttle that goes from those hotels to the convention center (details will be coming later). If those are not options that you would like to use, there is also public transportation.

The shuttle will be running in a continuous loop to/from the San Jose Convention Center for the DoubleTree, Radisson, and Wyndham.

For the schedule, there are three different times listed. Peak = approx. every 15 to 20 minutes, Off Peak = approx. every 30 to 45 minutes, and Overnight = approx. every hour.

(Information is not finalized and might change)

Thursday, May 24
5:00pm – 11:00pm (off peak)

Friday, May 25 / Saturday, May 26 / Sunday, May 27
8:00am – 2:00pm (off peak)
2:00pm – 7:00pm (peak)
7:00pm – 2:00am (off peak)
2:00am – 8:00am (overnight)

Monday, May 28
8:00am – 2:00pm (off peak)
2:00pm – 6:00pm (off peak)

Overnight service? That's awesome  :)
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

mangalover

I was wondering if the shuttle takes u from the hotel directly to the convention center? Also, about how much will it cost?

Makise09

Quote from: mangalover on March 01, 2012, 07:09:38 PM
I was wondering if the shuttle takes u from the hotel directly to the convention center? Also, about how much will it cost?

I believe the shuttle is a free service that is provided to convention attendees and hotel guests?

M

Quote from: mangalover on March 01, 2012, 07:09:38 PMI was wondering if the shuttle takes u from the hotel directly to the convention center? Also, about how much will it cost?
Shuttle is a free service brought to you by FanimeCon and Team San Jose. I believe that it will only be provided to FanimeCon members, but don't quote me on that last part.

dj seifer

Will there be additional room blocks opening up as Fanime approaches, or has it all been finalized?

M

Quote from: dj seifer on March 12, 2012, 05:57:27 AMWill there be additional room blocks opening up as Fanime approaches, or has it all been finalized?
TBD, but unlikely. If we were to get more rooms at a certain hotel, we would go through the waitlist first.

Mayadesu

My friend and I booked two seperate rooms at the same hotel (Marriott) from Thurs-Mon, is it possible to get them as connected rooms?

What would be the best way to go about that if we can?

KyraEnsui

Quote from: Mayadesu on March 15, 2012, 04:19:07 AM
My friend and I booked two seperate rooms at the same hotel (Marriott) from Thurs-Mon, is it possible to get them as connected rooms?

What would be the best way to go about that if we can?

There's a thread for that: http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,16890.0.html .

Rebeccakh

When is the date the hotel wait list will be cut off? My boyfriend tried to book rooms at the saint claire for thurs-mon and hes on the waitlist for it and he's been waiting on an email from housing :c

M

Quote from: Rebeccakh on April 03, 2012, 07:35:37 PMWhen is the date the hotel wait list will be cut off? My boyfriend tried to book rooms at the saint claire for thurs-mon and hes on the waitlist for it and he's been waiting on an email from housing :c
I don't think there is any actual cut off date for the waitlist - either a spot opens up or it doesn't, but I would assume that if you don't get the spot the day before (or the week) you're supposed to check in that you probably won't get a spot on the waitlist that you would like.

Rebeccakh

alright thanks :3 (my boyfriend got an email from housing for our rooms riiiiiiiight after i sent this >w>;; were all set woo! )

Wabbit98

The card that I booked the room with has expired.  What is the easiest way to change the card on the reservation?
2010 - 2013 :Black and White Ball Staff

2014-2015 : Black and White Ball Department Second

2015 : Extravaganzas Division Second

M

Quote from: Wabbit98 on April 09, 2012, 10:17:51 PM
The card that I booked the room with has expired.  What is the easiest way to change the card on the reservation?
Contact CMR.

CONTACT OUR FANIME HOUSING CUSTOMER CARE CENTER AT:
Monday - Friday, 6am - 6pm (Pacific Time)
(800) 924-4232 (Toll Free U.S. & Canada)
(415) 979-2282 (Outside U.S. & Canada)
[email protected]

zero209

Anyone know how much the deposit is for the hilton? i booked the rooms the same day it was open but it didn't show deposit.

SpiritOfKairi

Quote from: zero209 on April 20, 2012, 10:09:07 PM
Anyone know how much the deposit is for the hilton? i booked the rooms the same day it was open but it didn't show deposit.
You mean the security deposit?  Last year it was $50/night.

Armored-Heart

Question, when do they take the deposit? I heard/think it was around the 27th of this month (since that's the last day to cancel a reservation), but do they take the deposit then or upon check in?
Not attending for 2014. Sorry!

Gigantor

Quote from: Armored-Heart on April 21, 2012, 01:04:31 AM
Question, when do they take the deposit? I heard/think it was around the 27th of this month (since that's the last day to cancel a reservation), but do they take the deposit then or upon check in?

They don't generally charge the deposit until you check in.

Armored-Heart

Quote from: Gigantor on April 21, 2012, 01:32:59 AM
Quote from: Armored-Heart on April 21, 2012, 01:04:31 AM

They don't generally charge the deposit until you check in.

Ah, okay. Thanks! c:
Not attending for 2014. Sorry!

Mrsbrightsidebz

I booked a room through the radisson website since it wasnt showing up through the fanime site for the day i wanted. Will i still be able to use the shuttle?