Bootleg Plush

Started by Xeluu, April 30, 2007, 04:05:52 PM

Xeluu

Hello everyone, I have what will hopefully be a quick comment and question:
The past two years I went to fanime I saw a large amount of bootleg plush, mostly Naruto, but a few others as well. I didn't report them, because A) I'm not sure if the sellers knew, and B) I'm not exactly sure who I should've reported them to. It saddens me greatly to see so many of these in the dealers room, as they take up room that some authentic UFO Catchers might have been placed instead.

http://www.ufocatcher.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5 If I'm not allowed to post this, please edit my post to remove the link.
This is a list of bootlegged plush from a website and forums which I've found to be extremely trustworthy. I was hoping that by posting it here someone who could deal with the problem might be alerted to the issue, so that this year there I will hopefully see none of them.

Thanks for your time,
~Xeluu.
2016 Cosplay Plans
Gomamon/Gabumon - Digimon
Jolteon Gijinka - Pokemon
Oogie Boogie - Nightmare Before Christmas

M

Quote from: "Xeluu"Hello everyone, I have what will hopefully be a quick comment and question:
The past two years I went to fanime I saw a large amount of bootleg plush, mostly Naruto, but a few others as well. I didn't report them, because A) I'm not sure if the sellers knew, and B) I'm not exactly sure who I should've reported them to. It saddens me greatly to see so many of these in the dealers room, as they take up room that some authentic UFO Catchers might have been placed instead.

http://www.ufocatcher.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5 If I'm not allowed to post this, please edit my post to remove the link.
This is a list of bootlegged plush from a website and forums which I've found to be extremely trustworthy. I was hoping that by posting it here someone who could deal with the problem might be alerted to the issue, so that this year there I will hopefully see none of them.

Thanks for your time,
~Xeluu.

If you do find a bootleg, go up to the FanimeCon booth and ask for Dave or Camilla and they'll point you in the right direction.
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!

Moonblossom

Thank you for this info! Some of the bootlegs on that site looked pretty darned legitimate, now I'll know what to keep an eye out for if I decide to buy any plush toys :)