Main Menu

Recent posts

General Anime Chat / I've been keeping up with the ...
Last post by Dreamanimeworks1994 - February 20, 2024, 03:42:44 PM
Hello, it's been a while since I posted on the Fanimecon Forums.

So recently I've been catching up with the latest anime to ever come in 2024 on Crunchyroll and I might have ran into some nice titles to add to my list.

1. Solo Leveling
2. The wrong way to use healing magic
3. The Witch and the Beast
4. Fluffy Paradise (Really cute one)
5. A sign of Affection
6. The Foolish Angel Dances with the Devil

I am thinking that "Solo Leveling" will be the best one to even come out of 2024, "The Wrong Way to Use Healing Magic" is sure to make it on the list and The Witch and the Beast is very likey to have a chance to be one of the most popular animes next to Demon Slayer and Attack on Titan.

So what do you think about what I am watching and have you seen these animes yet?
Panels and Workshops / Re: Cosplay Backdrops
Last post by Angelx624 - February 13, 2024, 09:01:34 PM
Agreed, this would be a wonderful addition to the con as an official part of it! Many other cons have this, and I've been kinda surprised that Fanime hasn't had one, yet!
Panels and Workshops / Re: Cosplay Backdrops
Last post by Nina Star 9 - February 13, 2024, 10:33:36 AM
I think this is something Fanime should make space for as part of the con. Yes, Fanime has one of the better locations for photos around the convention center, but a lot of cons have cosplay backdrop rooms, and it would be an easy way to get photos without having to rely on finding and/or hiring a separate photographer. (This assumes that Fanime would have a staff photographer or two to take pictures, of course)

idk how fan events work, but I'm curious how this would work as a limited time thing, since cosplayers would need to know the scheduling of it, show up for the short window in the costume they want photos of, and take the photos in said limited time. You would also need time to set up and tear down, and would need some sort of lighting equipment.

I think it's a great idea, and a fan event can be a start, but I'd love to see this as a fixture of the con!
General Convention Discussion / Re: Staff exodus?
Last post by Nina Star 9 - February 13, 2024, 10:23:33 AM
I'm certainly worried 😅

Mostly worried for the staff, since this kind of thing happens after years of mistreatment and not just on a whim, and I can only imagine that will get worse if they're severely understaffed.
Registration / Re: 2024 COVID Policy
Last post by Nina Star 9 - February 13, 2024, 10:12:41 AM
Quote from: apples4ryuk on January 31, 2024, 10:56:33 AMI would have preferred they kept everyone needing to be vaccinated and got rid of masks. As if the unvaccinated people are going to actually follow the mask rule, but whatever.
I'm the opposite -- I'm glad that if they're dropping something, it's the vax, because in terms of preventing transmission, masks are more effective.

Then again, I'm at high risk of serious complications of Covid and still mask everywhere anyway, even if it sucks to wear (and worse in cosplay!). I'm happy at least one con is still requiring masks, and has historically good enforcement haha
This Gathering Includes: Any and all the humans, creatures, princess, candy and more from the Land of Ooh and beyond!

Day : TBD
Time : TBD
Meeting Place : TBD

Cosplayers :
UwUvon as Fionna

Legal Statement-Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering/Event this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.

Photo Order (tentative!)
1. Group shot
2. Adventure Time
3. Distant Lands
4. Fionna & Cake
5. Humans
6. Princesses/Royalty
7. Heroes
8. Villains
9. Creatures
10. Group photo
*requests*

Link to Facebook event: https://fb.me/e/7TyLICqvR

Link to other gathering relevent things :
@UwUvon on instagram at twitter for direct contact and real time updates

News of the gathering :
TBD
This Gathering Includes: Any and all spider people from any dimension! Deadpools, symbiotes, aunts, uncles, villains, heros and more welcome!

Day : TBD
Time : TBD
Meeting Place : TBD

Cosplayers :

Legal Statement-Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering/Event this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.

Photo Order (tentative!)
1. Group shot
2. Spider-men
3. Spiderwomen
4. Comics
5. Cartoons
6. Live action
7. Heros
8. Villains
9. Group shot
*requests*

Link to Facebook event: https://fb.me/e/3sD2sNZer

Link to other gathering relevent things :
@UwUvon on instagram at twitter for direct contact and real time updates

News of the gathering :
TBD
Do it! It will be so much fun!
Welcome all survivors and hunters to the 2024 Identity V gathering, bring your best skin and get ready to reunite with your fellow friends, or foes. 

Day : TBD (Aiming for Sunday)
Time : TBD (Aiming for 2 PM)
Location (L) : TBD (Aiming for G6)

Cosplayers:
ghoulpixels (Host): Default Andrew/Priestess
rusalkababayaga (Co-Host): Default Alva
ratgal (Co-Host): Keyboard Postman

Legal Statement: Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering/Event this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.

Photo Order (Work in Progress):
➼ Group photo
➼ Survivors (Group)
➼ Decoders
➼ Rescuers
➼ Support
➼ Individual Survivors
➼ Hunters (Group)
➼ Individual Hunters
➼ S Tier skins
➼ A Tier skins
➼ B Tier skins
➼ C Tier skins
➼ Default
➼ Collab Skins
➼ Deduction Star
➼ Nymph Awards
➼ Truth & Inference
➼ ONCE Skins
➼ Requests
➼ Final group photo
General Convention Discussion / Staff exodus?
Last post by otakuforlife - February 11, 2024, 08:30:40 PM
Seems like a lot of Fanime staff have resigned within the last few days according to posts on the unofficial Fanime Group on FB...should I be concerned about that? I hope the upcoming open house is successful because I fear Fanime running on a skeleton crew and the existing staff and volunteers burning out