FanimeCon 2022 Forums

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 02:08:49 PM 
Started by OldOtaku - Last post by OldOtaku
There wasn't the standard video programming this year, and I heard various unrelated explanations for that (video is now easily streamed; rooms lack ventilation required during a pandemic, etc.). Can anyone say definitively what the reason was? Will video programming return to future Fanimes?

on: Today at 08:32:24 AM 
Started by InsaneDavid - Last post by Barnes
It was a good gathering indeed. I'll be back next year!

on: Yesterday at 09:12:09 PM 
Started by InsaneDavid - Last post by InsaneDavid
Thank you so much to everyone who attended this year!  We will have the unofficial gathering photo gallery up within one week!  The link will be posted here, on the Facebook Event Page for the gathering, and on the Mokkori Cosplay Facebook page.

We will be back in 2023!

on: May 26, 2022, 11:21:37 PM 
Started by Tsuruneru - Last post by JavaMoon
Pre-COVID, I've been going alone to Fanime for many years now (post-college). The people that I used to go with either moved or moved on from anime in general but I still liked to go for a handful of personal traditions that I liked to keep. Anime Hell, Studio Sokodei, people watching, checking out the video rooms, browsing the dealer's hall and gaming room. Stuff like that.

It was always a bit weird. The general population would all be around the same age range and I got older and older as the years passed. It gets harder and harder to keep up with all of the latest shows, so a lot of the cosplays and merch I see just goes over my head because I most likely haven't heard about it or know about it. It's been a bittersweet thing for me. I go, I enjoy it, I do what I want to do, but I often feel disconnected from it all. Like an alien or an outsider observing it, you know? That doesn't necessarily bother me, though, so I can't say you'd experience the same thing as I have.

If you go, just do your best and have as much fun as you want to. I personally am not going this year because I don't feel comfortable going back to pre-COVID conventions with COVID still very much around and causing trouble. Maybe next year things will be a bit better, but no con for me this year. First time since around 2005/2006 that I haven't gone.

Good luck to you! Stay safe out there!

on: May 26, 2022, 06:49:30 PM 
Started by HunterZero - Last post by HunterZero
An attempt will be made to stream the Cthulhu for President Panel

Cthulhu for President
Saturday, May 28, 2022
2:30PM - 4PM
Panels 1

https://www.twitch.tv/andrevsworld
All times Pacific
Stream will be over Cellular Hotspot (unless WiFi robbery works)

on: May 26, 2022, 06:42:56 PM 
Started by HunterZero - Last post by HunterZero
There will be an attempt to stream Midnight Madness from FanimeCon this year!

Midnight Madness
Saturday May 28
11:30PM - 2AM
Panels 2

https://www.twitch.tv/andrevsworld
All times Pacific
Streams will be over Cellular Hotspot (unless WiFi robbery works)

on: May 26, 2022, 06:02:17 PM 
Started by jedisurvivor - Last post by Jupeboxgal
Will there be online signups for the karaoke contest this year, or only at-con? Assuming it's tomorrow at 6pm like previous years?

The Fanime twitter posted a link to the signups a week ago, but I guess they forgot to put it on the actual site. Doesn't seem to be filled up yet?
Going by the schedule (which also isn't properly linked on the main site, only in a news post...) it's check in at 3 and contest at 6 on Friday.
OH my god you're a life saver, just applied. Thank you!!

on: May 26, 2022, 05:53:10 PM 
Started by Kite - Last post by Kite
Just found out today this gathering was approved. Since I wasn't sure I didn't get any props prepared. So I'll have to keep it simple this year.

on: May 26, 2022, 05:02:47 PM 
Started by jedisurvivor - Last post by kotomikun
Will there be online signups for the karaoke contest this year, or only at-con? Assuming it's tomorrow at 6pm like previous years?

The Fanime twitter posted a link to the signups a week ago, but I guess they forgot to put it on the actual site. Doesn't seem to be filled up yet?
Going by the schedule (which also isn't properly linked on the main site, only in a news post...) it's check in at 3 and contest at 6 on Friday.

on: May 26, 2022, 03:52:54 PM 
Started by jedisurvivor - Last post by Jupeboxgal

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 31 queries.