Shin Megami Tensei/Persona Gathering 2013: The Ultimate at FanimeCon Arena

Started by heeroyuy135, November 09, 2011, 11:45:51 AM

heeroyuy135

2013 UPDATE
...I hate it when I plan things out way too much in advance and then something happens.
I was looking forward to attending Fanime 2013 and running this gathering, then I realize that Spring 2013 graduation for Sac State is on the same weekend as Fanime! So I've decided that I won't be attending Fanime even if my graduation is on Friday so save my money and spend it instead at Anime Expo, a convention that I need to get back to even more than this con.

I'll be locking this thread so that whoever takes over the gathering can do so with a clean thread.

However, this doesn't mean that I'm not running gatherings anymore. I'll be running a Persona/SMT Gathering at SacAnime Winter 2013 on Friday, January 4th, 2013 at 8pm at the Gateway location! More details will follow on the FB page! http://www.facebook.com/SMTCACosplay

I would like to thank everyone who has been going to these gatherings and those who have run them in my absence. I love you all, and I hope to see you all soon at future gatherings!

~Matthew

2012 ARCHIVES
Another year, another Shin Megami Tensei/Persona Gathering at FanimeCon 2012! This long-running franchise is on its game with the releases of Persona 4: The Animation, Persona 2: Innocent Sin (PSP), Devil Survivor 2 (NDS), and Devil Survivor Overclocked (3DS) last year with releases of both Persona 4: The Ultimate/Persona 4: Arena (Arcade, PS3, 360), Persona 2: Eternal Punishment (PSP), Persona 4: The Golden (PS Vita) slated for 2012 as well as the rumored proper sequel to Strange Journey.

I'm having a debate over having a midnight gathering with people who want to go, and as of right now I'm leaning towards not having the midnight gathering. Nothing's set in stone though, so share you opinions with us!

Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering/Event this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.

DAYTIME EDITION
Day: Saturday
Time: 2 pm
MP&L: 1FCC LA = 1st Floor Convention Center (Lobby Area by center pillar just inside the entrance)

MIDNIGHT HOUR EDITION
Day: Saturday
Time: 11:59 pm (Sunday @ Midnight)
MP&L: 1FCC LA (same area as the 2 pm gathering)

List of attending cosplayers:
Persona 1

Persona 2

Persona 3
HeeroYuy135 - Junpei (in spirit)
DeCreep - Ken
Shirley - Minato
Shirley's partner - Minako
Minaoto - Hi-cut!Mitsuru
krispy_kream - Minako
Ryusan777 - Minato
superspecks + 1 - Minako + Shinjiro

Persona 4
xmiel - Summer Casual!Naoto
DrMarukyuu - Female!Souji/Yuu
wings_of_an_angel - Mari
DarkenedWings - Souji/Yuu
Ashysaurous - School Uniform!Naoto

Devil Summoner 1/2

Devil Survivor 1/2
Cinema Crubbu - Daichi

SMT: Strange Journey

Personas/Summons
Rebeccakh - Nekomata
Kazuma_uzumaki - Izanagi

Catherine
lyell's group - Vincent, Johnny, Orlando and Boss

Undecided/Unconfirmed
lyell's group - Tobi
Kazansky - Yosuke
DarkenedWings' group - various P4 characters
luluko - Margret or Naoto

Photography Order
Group Shot
Game Group Shot
Re-enactments
Cannon Pairings
Group Shot
Requests

lyell

My brother and friends and I are planning to Catherine cosplay. That would be....Vincent, Johnny, Tobi, Orlando and Boss... if we all end up going.

maikiritori

Due to my working schedule @ con, I probably won't be able to make it (at least in costume :'() to the gathering.  I'm still going to bring Mitsuru anyway, so if you see me, say hi!
Cosplay Gatherings Department Second 2010-2015
Cosplay Gatherings Department Staff 2009

cesspooloflight

I want to go as Jonny from Catherine and/or someone from P4. I would love to have a Midnight Gathering again since this year we might not get dispersed.

superspecks

I'll go! And I'm bringing my fiancee with me. I'll either be P4U!Akihiko or Minako and Jackie says she hopes to have Battle Panties!Mitsuru ready in time. If Minako gets a P4U design, we'll switch to those versions instead, if time allows. :3  Can I be your co-host again, Matt?

heeroyuy135

xmiel

2012-2013:
Gon Freecss (Hunter x Hunter 1999 vers.)
Yagyuu Hiroshi (Prince of Tennis)
Gakuen Tengoku (DRRR!!)
Momoi Satsuki (Kuroko no Basuke)
Painted Lady Katara (Avatar: The Last Airbender)
Mei (Pokemon Black/White 2)

Shirley

My friend and I should be coming as the MCs of Persona 3  :) I'll be doing Minato and she'll be doing Hamuko/Minako!

Minaoto

DrMarukyuu

i shall be there as the cultural festival ver P4MC. in other words in a skirt. hoping to see a yousuke in a skirt as well 8DD
i had a lot of fun last year, looking forward to this yera's as well!

xsoifonx

Lots of Mitsuru's already, but I shall be there(As long as it fits into my schedule.) as Mitsuru Kirijo from Persona 3. xD
Cosplays for Fanime '22.

Makoto Niijima; Persona 5

Merlin; The Seven Deadly Sins

Levi Ackerman; Attack on Titan

Daki; Demon Slayer

Rebeccakh

will [ishida]

Shohei Narumi from Devil Summoner 2: Raidou vs Abaddon.
Dan Smith - killer7
"watashi" - The Tatami Galaxy
Woolf Enneacle - Mobile Suit Gundam AGE
Raymond Vester - Resident Evil: Revelations
Shintaro Goto (Kamen Rider Birth) - Kamen Rider OOO
Takashi Dai (Banker) - Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto

lyell

Ok we (Jonny, Orlando, Boss and Vincent) are confirmed, but Tobi is still being iffy about being able to go. He would like to know the date as soon as possible.

wings_of_an_angel

if things go well ill be coming as mari from the newest persona game, persona 4 the golden :3

Edit: im all for the midnight gathering last year's was fun until the con ops killed the fun

heeroyuy135

Quote from: lyell on January 14, 2012, 02:08:34 AM
Ok we (Jonny, Orlando, Boss and Vincent) are confirmed, but Tobi is still being iffy about being able to go. He would like to know the date as soon as possible.
I'm looking towards having the gathering on Saturday

lyell

Quote from: HeeroYuy135 on January 20, 2012, 10:34:23 PM
Quote from: lyell on January 14, 2012, 02:08:34 AM
I'm looking towards having the gathering on Saturday

Sounds good to us.

Kazansky

heeroyuy135

So I've mentioned I'm looking at Saturday to host the gathering, but at what time? I was looking to start the gathering at either 1pm, 2pm, or 3pm