FanimeCon 2021 Forums

Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Yesterday at 08:04:54 AM 
Started by novaks47 - Last post by novaks47
Yep, happens every year. You won't really know what's available until your block comes up. If you don't get your preffered hotel, contact CMR and get on a waitlist. We've got a ways to go before the convention, and people will cancel in the meantime. In 2019 I got my preffered hotel about two weeks before the con, really had me worried for a bit there, lol.

on: January 19, 2022, 10:14:03 PM 
Started by novaks47 - Last post by Angelx624
Seems like as of today all hotels are already booked? Is that even possible? Or did they only have a certain number of rooms available for today's booking windows and only those are booked?

Just kinda worried since my group can't book til tomorrow.

I noticed today that availability was changing window to window and then every few minutes within a window.  I had 10am today (Wednesday) and 10 minutes before my block opened everything went unavailable.  Then it was really hard to find anything for maybe 10 minutes, then I was able to book Marriott (not my first choice).  Got the reservation taken care of, then reloaded the page every 5 minutes or so until I saw Hilton was available (what I wanted), and changed my reservation on the site.

I've also seen on the unofficial facebook group that someone reserved a single day at an outlier hotel, then called to get waitlisted immediately.  Within the hour CMR called them back with their preferred hotel booking.
Thank you! This helps clear things up, just gotta wait and see tomorrow now.

on: January 19, 2022, 10:07:39 PM 
Started by novaks47 - Last post by InsaneDavid
Seems like as of today all hotels are already booked? Is that even possible? Or did they only have a certain number of rooms available for today's booking windows and only those are booked?

I noticed today that availability was changing window to window and then every few minutes within a window.  I had 10am today (Wednesday) and 10 minutes before my block opened everything went unavailable.  Then it was really hard to find anything for maybe 10 minutes, then I was able to book Marriott (not my first choice).  Got the reservation taken care of, then reloaded the page every 5 minutes or so until I saw Hilton was available (what I wanted), and changed my reservation on the site.

I've also seen on the unofficial facebook group that someone reserved a single day at an outlier hotel, then called to get waitlisted immediately.  Within the hour CMR called them back with their preferred hotel booking.

on: January 19, 2022, 09:28:02 PM 
Started by novaks47 - Last post by Angelx624

on: January 19, 2022, 04:28:58 PM 
Started by InsaneDavid - Last post by InsaneDavid
Hey everyone.  I just submitted the panel for 2022, same as the plan that we were approved for in 2020 - two hours with two full games.  Here's hoping it's accepted and goes through smoothly.

on: January 18, 2022, 06:49:53 PM 
Started by captainvontapdat - Last post by captainvontapdat
Day: TBD
Time:TBD
FB Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/346507417314057

Fanime is back, baby! Woohoo!

It's been a hot minute but I'll be back hosting the Marvel gathering this year after opting to host another gathering back in 2019. If the person who did the 2019 Marvel gathering wants to host again or would like to co-host, please let me know!
Anyways, time and place is still TBD but wanted to put this out there so people are aware that it is happening.

LEGAL STATEMENT: Fanime will be taking group pictures during the Gathering/Event this year. If you do not want to be included in those pictures please step aside for those photos. By remaining with the group when the pictures are being taken you give your consent to be photographed.

PHOTO ORDER (list subject to change):
- Group
- Heroes
- Villains
- Avengers
- Guardians of the Galaxy
- X-Men
- Deadpool
- TV Universe
- Requests (if time permits)

on: January 17, 2022, 07:26:23 PM 
Started by olingamer - Last post by olingamer
We have our time and place bumping up for people to see

on: January 17, 2022, 03:37:12 PM 
Started by InsaneDavid - Last post by InsaneDavid
Good afternoon old schoolers!

Wow, it's crazy to think that Fanime 2022 housing opens in two days.  I know the state of the pandemic isn't good right now and it may seem strange to think about going to a huge convention, especially staying at a hotel there.  However we all know the situation can change week to week, day to day.  Fanime is still over four full months away and things may look up considerably by then, it's impossible to predict one way or another.

Also to those outside of the San Jose area who may be confused by how slim the hotel list is this year, the problem is two fold.  Hotels in the downtown area have only recently begun to reopen in any realistic capacity, and the Fairmont San Jose has been closed since last March when it filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.  It has since emerged with a new management contract and is slated to open sometime this year (2022) under "Signia Hilton San Jose" branding.  That's a huge chunk of rooms that are still a bit of an unknown at this time, not to mention how panels may shakeout without their ballrooms.  Of course, if that does reopen in a couple months, that could be a lot more housing added sometime later and panels may be business as usual - who knows.

Getting back to old school anime openings and endings - here's a bit of a nostalgia curveball for some.  If you watched Nickelodeon in the late 1980's - early 1990's you may remember a cartoon called Noozles about a stuffed koala who can be brought to life by rubbing noses with it.  The koala is in fact an extra-terrestrial named Blinky, and along with his sister Pinky, he goes on adventures under the care of his human friend Sandy.  The series is Japanese in origin and aired on Japanese television in 1984 as The Wondrous Koala Blinky.  For a kid's show, especially an anime kid's show that was reworked for English broadcast, it gets pretty out there... like, really out there.  I haven't seen it in a long time but I think I need to download it soon and give it another watch (you can find the complete English version on Archive).

Celebrating An Era - 1980's!  The Wondrous Koala Blinky (1984)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJeNN9NFTI0

on: January 16, 2022, 11:47:00 PM 
Started by novaks47 - Last post by InsaneDavid
Keep in mind compared to years previous - hotels in Downtown San Jose have had a very odd run through the pandemic are going to be different than before for a little while.  They're only now starting to spin back up to any form of occupancy.

Additionally, the Fairmont San Jose has been closed since last March when it filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.  It has since emerged with a new management contract and is slated to open sometime this year (2022) under "Signia Hilton San Jose" branding.  That's a huge chunk of rooms that are still a bit of an unknown at this time, not to mention how panels may shakeout without their ballrooms.  Of course, if that does reopen in a couple months, that could be a lot more housing added sometime later and panels may be business as usual - who knows.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/11/08/downtown-san-jose-hotel-reopen-2022-hilton-signia-covid-real-estate/

on: January 16, 2022, 11:59:37 AM 
Started by novaks47 - Last post by novaks47
Thank you! I'll see if I can get the Hilton then, if there's any rooms left once my block comes up. I'm sure it'll come down to luck though, as my block is in the afternoon, and the Hilton is one of the first hotels to get filled up, haha! I've never stayed that close to the con before, so it would be a nice change to not have to wait for shuttles this year.

And yeah, it's $30 a day for parking, but if you can get the hotel through Fanimecon, it's $15 a day, which is much better.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 30 queries.