Attendee housing to open Nov. 10

Started by ewu, November 02, 2014, 08:23:06 PM

Nina Star 9

Has anyone been able to get through? I've been working on it on my end, on the internet (I'm at work...shh...), and my sister is working at it on her end, but all I get is a timeout error when I hit the housing link (from the reg page). Is it down for -everyone-, or have some people gotten through? (If all the servers are down or something, then any estimate on when the site will be uncrashed?)

(I can't check my sister's progress because my phone decided to stop working. Argh.)

This is getting worse and worse every year. :[ It's really ridiculous at this point. Glad to see the increased housing options, but still. Argh.

FrenchBreadRedWine

I AM GETTING NOTHING BUT BUSY SIGNALS ON PHONE
ERRORS AND TIMEOUTS ON WEBSITE
CAN ANY STAFF MEMBER EXPLAIN THIS?
It isa little frustrating

Hachimitsu

as of now, i think the web developer teams are working hard to get things through.

If I KNow them the most problem they had issue is for them to test if things go through...
its already been 50 minutes adn the only available button that was loaded was during registration.

it's going to be a while but I really advise you follow their twitter/facebook.

I don't want to be left in the dark again like they had when they annouced a backdoor to get in!

spookdy

I got through on the international phone line. After calling a lot I was put on hold for a bit, and then the operator was really helpful and I got my room locked down. Even they were getting the lag.
TOUCH FUZZY, GET DIZZY

pumbloom

i've managaed to get through but all it tells me to do is to check out. i've already paid for my badges, and there are no options to reserve a hotel or anything. has anyone else gotten this?

Hachimitsu

Quote from: pumbloom on November 10, 2014, 02:21:51 PM
i've managaed to get through but all it tells me to do is to check out. i've already paid for my badges, and there are no options to reserve a hotel or anything. has anyone else gotten this?

sadly im stuck at the check out session,.  I havent paid the badge yet but the page is reloading...

IM kinda wondering if its safe to hit check out again and again,... I KNOW NOTHING About webpage html (being viewed ) so im actually kinda worried how this process is working...!!!

mlarad

Call the housing number. I waited almost 20 minutes but it went thru and I got my reservation

Also, why is are there no Junior Suites available at the Marriott this year?

raltga

Quote from: spookdy on November 10, 2014, 02:06:43 PM
I got through on the international phone line. After calling a lot I was put on hold for a bit, and then the operator was really helpful and I got my room locked down. Even they were getting the lag.

Exactly what I did.

kookiekween99

On hold right now... what info do we need besides credit card info?
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

Kyra_Maverick

Finally got put on hold. Seriously called 150+ times before I could get through. Website wont load at all.

SquishyK

Quote from: kookiekween99 on November 10, 2014, 02:51:42 PM
On hold right now... what info do we need besides credit card info?

Usually nothing that you shouldn't know off the top of your head. Name, Billing address, phone number, email address (probably the one you registered with if you already got your badge).
I sell cute and geeky polymer clay jewelry!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SquishyKreations
http://squishykreations.tumblr.com

Tested/MythBusters:
"Failure is always an option"
"Try again, fail again, fail better"
"Art is never finished, only abandoned"

FrenchBreadRedWine

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE THE INTERNATIONAL NUMBER IS MUCH EASIER TO GET THRU WITH (AFTER 25 CALLS AND 20 MINUTE HOLD)
MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN YOUR FAVOR

Kyra_Maverick

Now I get connection attempt failed on the website. Not just the timeout screen I was getting.

Avairrianna

OMG finally! After 300+ redials to the 1-800 number and the website just...no.... I'm finally on hold on the 1-415 number!!!!!!
Cosplays in work:
?

Gatherings in charge of in 2017:
Steven Universe

Hachimitsu

okay this is bad.. Marriott is sold out and so far I BARELY gotten the hotel from somewhere else.. sadly, the PHONE operators DID A BETTER JOB than the website itself!!!!!

I also manage to get my badge paid.. sorta O_O! i think but when it inolves with checking out with the hotel..it just leave me with

## HOTEL REGIST ### on the top of my badge!

update:: 
by the time it was 3:15pm, the hotels for marriot sold out! but thats what i heard from my end!

kookiekween99

Finally got through, but the lady got my reservation wrong. I asked for Thursday through Monday and she put Thursday through Sunday...

*sigh* Back on the waiting list...
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

Kyra_Maverick

has anyone gotten through on phone and then been disconnected?

thats happened to me twice now

guyver20

Welp. Just called the international number 3 times, was placed on hold for 4 mins and locked down my room at the Fairmont. The whole ordeal took me all of ten minutes or less. FYI, if your still pulling hair and crying over this, start spamming the international line!

Touya no Miko

There's no longer a timeout error on the booking anymore.

Now it's just not connecting at all. D:

Both calls are still busy too, and for some reason I keep getting disconnected.
OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!