CMR Questions and Comments

Started by venus_ivy, January 23, 2009, 12:24:05 PM

Gwydion

Last couple of years, when it was 99 a night at the Sainte Claire, my bill at the end of the con was $326. So the taxes were 26 bucks added onto the room charge. I'm going to figure $50 this year for taxes just in case.

starchildrose

so does this mean that the room is only reserved and not paid for yet if i have already reserved the room through the fanime site??? and that when i get to the hotel i will have to pay for the room and the deposit with a card???

Kyra_Maverick

Quote from: starchildrose on March 19, 2009, 10:08:59 AM
so does this mean that the room is only reserved and not paid for yet if i have already reserved the room through the fanime site??? and that when i get to the hotel i will have to pay for the room and the deposit with a card???
That is correct. All you have done so far is reserved the room, it hasn't been paid for yet. Your credit card info was needed to prove that you could pay for it and so the hotel could charge you if you never showed up to claim your booked room. When you get to the hotel to check in is when you will actually pay for the room. From what I understand, you dont have to use the same card you reserved the room with to pay for it. You can pay with cash or another card if you wish.

starchildrose

ewu

Quote from: Kyra_Maverick on March 19, 2009, 03:41:07 PM
That is correct. All you have done so far is reserved the room, it hasn't been paid for yet. Your credit card info was needed to prove that you could pay for it and so the hotel could charge you if you never showed up to claim your booked room. When you get to the hotel to check in is when you will actually pay for the room. From what I understand, you dont have to use the same card you reserved the room with to pay for it. You can pay with cash or another card if you wish.

There is still the possibility that you may use the card that you booked on and not need to have the card with you. Please either contact CMR or await their answer on this forum.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

jdawson

Hello,

If you wish to pay by credit card, you will have to have the card with you at check in. It does not need to be the one that you used to reserve your room, it can be different. The hotel has to physically swipe the credit card and that is why they cannot just use the card that was given at the time that the reservation was made. This is to help prevent fraud. You can also pay by cash if you would like.

jdawson

Hello!

Please note that there are discounted rooms available through FanimeCon's official housing provider at the Hilton and the Marriott:

https://www.cmrhousing.com/FANI_1A

Please book before they sell out!

-Jacy Dawson
FanimeCon Housing / CMR

darkstar

Another reason I don't touch your hotels.

That charge just seems to me to be another means to chase off that which you would find undesireable.

ewu

uuum no....register for a regular hotel room at any of the four hotels not during Fanime and you will find that deposit likewise charged...
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom

G.I.R

And you are not being "Charged" in addition to the bill, the deposit is put towards the bill.

BTW, see what hotel rates are like when there isn't a trade show going on.

Steve.Young

Director of Marketing
Staff Moderator - Fanime Forums.

Please PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Steve[AT]Fanime[DOT]Com

G.I.R

And apparently left just as quickly.

ewu

Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman

ericATfanimeDOTcom