2016 One-Punch Man Gathering! (updated)

Started by Tenya, March 08, 2016, 11:53:07 PM

necroneko

Change in cosplans, I'll be Speed O Sound Sonic for the gathering :))

Tiptop

Just a heads up, the official list has us at G10, but this thread says G7. Here's the list link:https://www.facebook.com/notes/fanimecon-cosplay-gatherings/final-gatherings-list-for-fanime-2016/1374494095900906

Any clarification?

Imperial

again, my bad. I keep seeing the numbers for people going to this gathering, and it MAY move to G10. It will be an at con decision, and if it happens we will point to where it is. again, my bad. my master list and the one that went to print is the one that is going to be printed throughout(thats not the facebook one, im just trying to transfer info from excel to word is fun and copy paste fails....)

reyn

So, when we look in the books and on the signs at the con, it'll say this gathering is at G10?

Salamandroid

It's frustrating, not having everything done in time for the con. All that's left is to make my wig appropriately curly, but I just don't have a whole lot of time because of school. Oh well! I still can hardly wait until the weekend.

Imperial

Quote from: reyn on May 23, 2016, 07:44:08 AM
So, when we look in the books and on the signs at the con, it'll say this gathering is at G10?

it will say G7, and we will point people accordingly for the gathering!

Tenya

Quote from: Imperial on May 23, 2016, 05:16:56 PM

This is good to know - thanks!
I'll try to spread the word on any changes leading up to the gathering, too.
Does this affect anything else I have to do as the organizer?

Imperial

Quote from: Seismogenic on May 23, 2016, 08:44:25 PM
Quote from: Imperial on May 23, 2016, 05:16:56 PM

This is good to know - thanks!
I'll try to spread the word on any changes leading up to the gathering, too.
Does this affect anything else I have to do as the organizer?
Nope. I make it easy for you guys cause its all the fun in the world to do my end.

Eliteslayer

Cosplay battle! Three-pose Fight
The works of Ken Akamatsu 2010
"Abridging a Series" Panel

Hope you can attend 'em!

Kagemusha

This is awesome! I'll be there as Metal Bat.
Twitter: @_CrimsonNinja

Tenya

I'm super stoked for the gathering - looking forward to seeing you all and your epic cosplays!

For the sake of keeping track of gathering photos, please try to use this hashtag in all of your assorted posts on various and sundry social media platforms: #opmfanime16

Thanks, and see you soon!

BunofGovt

That was an awesome gathering, and we even had Crablante and that double-chinned kid!  I hope for another gathering next year!
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

Kagemusha

Twitter: @_CrimsonNinja

Lordsnow

https://www.facebook.com/Jose.Luis.Castro.Sanchez/media_set?set=a.10206804077040739.1073741846.1240174021&type=3

I put all my photos in here... there's a whole bunch of the gathering. a few others individually scattered about. You can also search for the tag on the facebook.
Old soldiers never die, and they don't fade away

reyn

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1172778972743872.1073741832.1164701226884980&type=1&l=1b9cff5c33

I didn't take too many photos since it was hot as balls during the gathering, but hey, maybe some of you will get lucky and see yourselves :D

Tenya

Super belatedly, thank you all for coming to the gathering (and, by extension, for making the first gathering I've ever led run so smoothly)!
I hope you all had a great time, despite the heat. I also now have learned my lesson about said heat, and will not request an unshaded gathering spot at 2 PM ever again.

Thanks to everyone who has posted pictures so far! I don't have any of my own, but know someone who does and who will be posting them soon. Also, as it turns out, a bunch of pictures of individual OPM cosplayers as well as from the gathering made it onto Shonen Jump's website! http://shonenjump.viz.com/blog/posts/fanime-con-2016-cosplay

belovedcosplay

FB: beloved.cosplay
IG: n1ghtghost

Lineup for Fanime 2016
Day 1: Kagamine Len - VOCALOID
Day 2: Ginko - Yuri Kuma
Day 3: Rider - FSN
Day 4: Tachibana Hotaru - Aoharu x Kikanjuu