Capcom vs SNK Gathering 2008

Started by bahamutknightzero, February 18, 2008, 02:57:49 PM

bahamutknightzero

I've posted this earlier on the Cosplay.com boards, so I might as well make a copy here too.

It's that time again.....the gatherings have been popping up fast. To my surprise, I saw that no one made a topic regarding this one in particular. Anywho, I felt that someone had to get the word out as soon as possible for this gathering.

Any characters from any fighting game by Capcom or SNK is allowed (to clear up confusion that anyone might have ie: people thinking that only characters from the two Capcom vs SNK games are allowed).

As for other details....

Day: Friday (Same as the last few years)
Time: 5:00 PM
Location: TBA, either inside near the front entrance or outside near the fountains (Depending on size)

I probably can't set this all up alone, so if anyone can help out with the set up, it would be greatly appreciated.

There is a small list set up so far on the cosplay.com board too. The list will be posted here when we get a few more people confirmed to show up.

Capcom
---------

Yukari Kaiba - Yun (Street Fighter 3)
akira_chan (via Cosplay.com) - Lillith (Darkstalkers)
Taiko Moon (maybe) - Ibuki (Street Fighter 3)
The_Merchant - The Merchant (Resident Evil 4, I will allow this because I probably consider him to be Capcom's version of Kankuro from Samurai Shodown in terms of mysteriousness, even if The Merchant hasn't been in any fighting games YET)
Lazarathe [maybe] (via Cosplay.com) - Gene (God Hand)
Moogleborg (via Cosplay.com) - Vergil (Devil May Cry 3)
CosplayerJJ (via Cosplay.com) - Felicia (Darkstalkers)
LauraC [Possibly] (via Cosplay.com) - Chun Li (Street Fighter 2)
CaliforniaCos (via Cosplay.com) - Chun Li (Street Fighter 2)

SNK
-------

bahamutknightzero - Rock Howard (Gaoru Mark of the Wolves)
Avairrianna - Fio (Metal Slug/KOF Maximum Impact 2 aka KOF 2006)
AJ [Avairrianna's BF] - Clark Steel (KOF/Ikari Warriors)
BlackDelo - Iori (King Of Fighters)
Chloe - Kula Diamond (King of Fighters)
Mizuki (maybe) - Terry Bogard (Garou: Mark of the Wolves version)
~~Loktera~~ - Rock Howard (Garou Mark of the Wolves)

UPDATE
Made a copy of the list from Cosplay.com to here, with a few name changes (to match the names on the Fanime boards unless noted that the name was from Cosplay.com).

Avairrianna

I have a question! Does Fiolina Germi and Clark Steel count as well?
Cosplays in work:
?

Gatherings in charge of in 2017:
Steven Universe

shinjiboy

Fiolina Germa, although from SNK's Metal Slug, would not be seen as a fighting game character.  It's a cool cosplay, but I think people would have a hard time associating it with the CAPCOM/SNK fighting group.

Avairrianna

Even though she was in the King of Fighters games and an unlockable characater in KOF:Maximum Impact 2?
Cosplays in work:
?

Steven Universe

Yukari Kaiba

im already listed over on the list at cosplay.com, but figured it couldn't hurt to reply here too. You can add me as Yun Lee from StreetFighter 3.
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

Avairrianna

Ohhh..... I don't have a cosplay.com account, but I'll make one and look at it! Thanks! ^^
Cosplays in work:
?

Steven Universe

Avairrianna

How do I find it on the boards?  ???
Cosplays in work:
?

Steven Universe

bahamutknightzero

Lemme answer some stuff.

Avairrianna: I would accept Fio. As stated, any character from ANY Capcom or SNK fighting game would be acceptable/qualify for this gathering (since she was in KOF: MI2). Clark Steel counts too (KOF staple).

As for the Cosplay.com topic, here is the link: http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=138971

Avairrianna

YAY!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you sooooooo much! And My boyfriend and I will see you guys there ^^
Cosplays in work:
?

Steven Universe

The Brain Guy

I'm really trying for Marco. NeoGeo Battle Coliseum, right? I would like it to be perfect, but I should have something.

bahamutknightzero

Quote from: The Brain Guy on February 28, 2008, 06:44:06 PM
I'm really trying for Marco. NeoGeo Battle Coliseum, right? I would like it to be perfect, but I should have something.

Hmm, what is missing?

Ska_Kitti

I don't think I'll be doing the gathering this year. Usually my friend who cosplays Ryo or Terry shows up, but not this year and if I went, it'd just be the usual Iori or Yuri. o_o
Cosplayer: 03-?
Fanime Staff: 04-?
~*~*~*~*~
Sorawarudesuka Cosplay

BlackDelo

Iori. As usual. I need to get some new cosplays done this summer.
www.myspace.com/bigfatiori

"You know, AX gives you cancer."

Chloe

Quote from: Yukari Kaiba on February 26, 2008, 01:07:39 PM
im already listed over on the list at cosplay.com, but figured it couldn't hurt to reply here too. You can add me as Yun Lee from StreetFighter 3.

Ah!  I want to come with youuu! 

I'm going as Kula Diamond, so SNK for me.  I wanna see how this will turn out. D:

Trying to get Ohsu to be 'K is going to be hard... - -;
Cosplays for '10?  WHO KNOWS!?!

Yukari Kaiba

Quote from: Chloe on March 04, 2008, 11:35:45 AM
Quote from: Yukari Kaiba on February 26, 2008, 01:07:39 PM

Ah!  I want to come with youuu! 

I'm going as Kula Diamond, so SNK for me.  I wanna see how this will turn out. D:

Trying to get Ohsu to be 'K is going to be hard... - -;

i founds you on the fanime boards! 8D
yes you should come with, it will be good times XD
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

Mizuki

If I'm there that early I'll be in my Terry cosplay (Garou style)

TaikoMoon

I will be there as Ibuki!

... if everything pans out right.
"Friendly fire isn't"
'08 cosplay(s) All still debatable:
Chibi Maya/tenjho tenge
Ibuki/Street Fighter

The_Merchant

I might be there, selling some goods to any stranger from either side who fancies a good product heheheheheheheh.
What Are Ya Buyin?

Avairrianna

What kind of products?! I want some!!!!
Cosplays in work:
?

Steven Universe

bahamutknightzero

Updated with more names added. I might as well say that I probably will allow characters from non-fighting games to arrive out of good will (and denying it would make me look like a ****).