Registering for friends?

Started by YaoiCat, October 26, 2012, 12:37:48 PM

YaoiCat

Hi, I'm planning to attend the full weekend for Fanime 2013, but I have a few friends who are only coming for one day (friday or saturday).  My question is this, can I get in the reg line and buy my friends' badges for them before they get there?  And if yes, can I do this on Day 0 when I pick up my badge, or do I have to do it on the same day they will be attending?

I really hope it is possible for me to buy my friends' badges, because the horrible reg line that we had to wait in at Fanime 2012 was so bad that they don't want to attend 2013 :(

ewu

From our system and policies from last year, registering for anyone but yourself is not possible for the same day. We also did not offer one day memberships for sale prior to the day of.

We are exploring changes in policy and technology so this may be possible, but I would not plan on anything before changes are announced publicly. For now, I would work off the assumption that one day memberships are only for sale the day of and that you may not purchase memberships on behalf of another.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

YaoiCat

Hmm, I understand that it would be impossible to register more than one badge under my own name, but when I got to the computers after reaching the front of the reg line, couldn't I then enter the information for each of my (2 or 3) friends, then pay for the 3 badges all together inside?

ewu

Running off of last year's policies, you can pay for them, but we need to have them there too:)

That said, lots of things are changing....So look to a new FAQ in March or April. on this issue. 6 months is a little far out to predict where we are heading.
Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

YaoiCat

Ok, thanks for the info :)

I'd really love to be able to get their badges for them so they can't use the reg line as an excuse not to come ;)