eGaming. Pre-2009 - Early-2010 Preparation Setup

Started by xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi), May 25, 2009, 05:34:27 PM

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Quote from: DarkMoonlitStar on February 28, 2010, 11:33:26 PMAlso would you guys consider other handheld game tourneys like Dissidia Final Fantasy or other popular handheld games?

Yes.  It has been mentioned several times on this thread.  So far, only Pokemon has been confirmed.  The rest has yet to be confirmed.  With the exception of Pokemon, the real questions are:
- How many people have the copies of those specific games like Dissidia: FF and Jump Ultimate Stars?  No, we won't be able to provide you guys with copies.
- How many people support those games in a tournament stance?

Quote from: Virtual Boy on March 01, 2010, 04:31:08 AMHey Jonas! It's vbo. Finally got me one of these thingies. Btw, is there any confirmation on how many PCs are available for PC gaming?

Once we get full confirmation on the setup, we'll make the announcement.
eGaming Head / FanimeCon, SacAnime, Y-Con, Kintoki-Con, Deceptikon
Tournament Director / AOD
Anime + Gaming Article Lead / GreenTeaGraffiti
Cosplays: Wii Remote, Pink DS Lite

xMaru

Quote from: xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi) on February 21, 2010, 01:27:46 AM
Quote from: DarkMoonlitStar on February 20, 2010, 10:39:16 PM
I'd join the Rock Band 2 tourney if I had a band to play with (people who play hard or expert) btw on the 360 I definitely play expert and I'm a "platinum artist" with a billion fans on career mode xD (took forever to get that tho...) never did like bragging just putting it out there if someone needed a guitarist/bassist on expert for that....

Are you referring to a Rock Band 2 Freestyle or a Rock Band 2 Score (or percentage) Attack?

Will there be a percentage attack tournament version? I have a full expert band that's willing to join if there is one.

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Quote from: xMaru on March 02, 2010, 01:52:28 PM
I'd join the Rock Band 2 tourney if I had a band to play with (people who play hard or expert) btw on the 360 I definitely play expert and I'm a "platinum artist" with a billion fans on career mode xD (took forever to get that tho...) never did like bragging just putting it out there if someone needed a guitarist/bassist on expert for that....

Are you referring to a Rock Band 2 Freestyle or a Rock Band 2 Score (or percentage) Attack?

Will there be a percentage attack tournament version? I have a full expert band that's willing to join if there is one.

Currently, there wasn't a discussion for it until now.  I know that Open Mic Section and Freestyle Contest has been done in the past.  Given how difficult (albeit expensive) a percentage attack is to run professionally (score attack would be impossible), we'll see what we can do.  ^_^

Sygmus

Is there going to be a Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen/Clash of Ninja tourny?  If not, could we at least have a game running sometime during the con?  I was disappointed with its disappearance last year.

I'd also like to suggest a Super Smash Bros Melee tournament.  I don't know how popular Melee is anymore, but I like it a lot better than Brawl.

xMaru

Quote from: xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi) on March 02, 2010, 04:38:16 PM

Currently, there wasn't a discussion for it until now.  I know that Open Mic Section and Freestyle Contest has been done in the past.  Given how difficult (albeit expensive) a percentage attack is to run professionally (score attack would be impossible), we'll see what we can do.  ^_^

How would that be impossible to do a percentage attack? Wouldn't you just have two bands go 1v1 and compare scores in order to advance?

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Quote from: xMaru on March 02, 2010, 11:15:51 PM
Quote from: xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi) on March 02, 2010, 04:38:16 PM

How would that be impossible to do a percentage attack? Wouldn't you just have two bands go 1v1 and compare scores in order to advance?

Percentage (the number of hit notes) is NOT the same thing as Score (hit + streak multiplier + overdrive + bonus points);

There's a LOT to a competition than just play.  I'll respond to this later once a cope of replies come in.

JTchinoy

Quote from: Sygmus on March 02, 2010, 07:49:13 PM
Is there going to be a Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen/Clash of Ninja tourny?  If not, could we at least have a game running sometime during the con?  I was disappointed with its disappearance last year.

I'd also like to suggest a Super Smash Bros Melee tournament.  I don't know how popular Melee is anymore, but I like it a lot better than Brawl.
Because ninja storm is out, we focus on ninja storm instead.  Same case with brawl over melee.

It should also be made clear that Pokemon will be 2v2 format, not 1v1.  So you all better get your teams ready! ;)

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Mimirinpro

Mimirinpro

Also, I know it's new, so I'm going to be the first to suggest Tatsunoko VS Capcom Ultimate All Stars. Last year we had Cross Generation of Heroes for a little while, so how about the new one?

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Quote from: Mimirinpro on March 03, 2010, 08:16:01 PMSo, no takers for DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 3?

Also, I know it's new, so I'm going to be the first to suggest Tatsunoko VS Capcom Ultimate All Stars. Last year we had Cross Generation of Heroes for a little while, so how about the new one?

Note: You can always edit your posts rather than making a double-post.  :)

Anyhow, DBZ has not been mentioned.  We'll take a look.

We are already working on TvC:UAS.  Stay tuned for a list of games to be confirmed (and unconfirmed).

otakuapprentice

Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Simna

Menchi

I would like to second Left 4 Dead 2, though I don't know if there would be enough interest to actually have a tournament.

Avairrianna

Quote from: Menchi on March 18, 2010, 12:53:19 PM
I would like to second Left 4 Dead 2, though I don't know if there would be enough interest to actually have a tournament.

I'd have 6 people alone in my group interested in a tournament for L4D2
Cosplays in work:
?

Gatherings in charge of in 2017:
Steven Universe

Zero_Kirby

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: JTchinoy on March 03, 2010, 12:15:12 PM
Quote from: Sygmus on March 02, 2010, 07:49:13 PM

Because ninja storm is out, we focus on ninja storm instead.  Same case with brawl over melee.

It should also be made clear that Pokemon will be 2v2 format, not 1v1.  So you all better get your teams ready! ;)

WtH is up with that.
I bet next your going to tell me you are using World Championship Rules (>>)

(>>;)

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

JTchinoy

I'm considering VGC format to help people prepare for it.
I feel 2v2 is a much more versatile format without ubers.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Mizuki