Dance Dance Fanime! 2006 DDR Tourney

Started by Spiritsnare, June 13, 2005, 08:30:43 PM

OniCourseMusha

Khaistyle has a video of our match between me and him at Special Fx tourney.
Pretty awesome though but great game.

Khaistyle: Thanx for helping me find a place to stay at Santa Cruz and tell fidox thanx.  And also it was great hanging out wit u guys and we should do it more often!
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

lying is an art form

Three tokens, yuck. I'm to used to two tokens for three songs on really nicely tuned pads @ Southland Mall, DDREX. The mall itself is floundering a bit though because they don't really have many stores of my choice... (Okay okay they're clothing stores like AnF, Hollister, etc. XD) and it doesn't hurt I get free games =)

Other than that there's an DDREX machine about 15 minutes walking distance from my house at the local bowling alley which is right near the local middle school. It's practically untouched by pros. The bad thing is the guys there are too stubborn to let us unlock all the songs manually through the menu... >< isn't that the ONLY way to unlock the songs permanently? Three tokens for five songs on event mode and only one pad words well but it's like the place of choice for my group to practice at.
Do you like Magic: the Gathering or just fun games in general? I'm offering a fun way to play Magic right here! I'm bringing these to Fanime 2009 :) PM me to secure one!

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "Itachi no Jutsu"The bad thing is the guys there are too stubborn to let us unlock all the songs manually through the menu... ><

If a DDR machine does not have The Least 100sec unlocked by the time I play on it, I consider the machine to be a lost cause. Then, I flip it off and start playing the songs everybody else plays, because it doesn't deserve everything else. :P
epic progressive

vox

lying is an art form

Haha. Well I have the codes and such for the unlocks. You should've seen what we did when the Southland machine got returned in time for the Namco "Nationals". I brought in the codes and like we screwed up in entering them like a few times. Press the "select" button 24 times for "X". Phew, what's the next letter? "W"! Oh no! I hit "Z"! "You have to press it all over again!" ><
Do you like Magic: the Gathering or just fun games in general? I'm offering a fun way to play Magic right here! I'm bringing these to Fanime 2009 :) PM me to secure one!

Zerocide

Quote from: "Khaistyle"

Breakfast at SFSU, no bar.  
(I'm on the left in the picture)

And that breakfast was awesome.
May I suggest one thing for the tourney, if your going to use non-stop or oni courses in the tourney then use Random caprice in non-stop, it's the most fair course of them all I think.
Check 1

Atma

I wish there were more categories for a DDR tourney, besides PA, Freestyle, Doubles etc... something like, Stamina challenge or something, to see who can survive the longest before passing out <3 (Heavy difficulty of course)

lying is an art form

I'd die out in a stamina category ><
I'm 5'9", weigh like 155 but have low stamina because I'm outta shape. But I like the idea. But then again, people passing out isn't such a good idea =P

Atma

Quote from: "Itachi no Jutsu"I'd die out in a stamina category ><
I'm 5'9", weigh like 155 but have low stamina because I'm outta shape. But I like the idea. But then again, people passing out isn't such a good idea =P

Not passing out per say =P

But like, a set group of songs that must be played, and see who gives up first kind of thing.

Example: a set of 3 maxes at the same time (Max 300, MaxX Unlimited and Legend of Max, all on Heavy) all in one game, right after each other, whoever bails out first loses kind of thing (of course, there could be more then that but heh)

lying is an art form

Or we could make it a PA/Juggling contest! That would be so neat. And retarded. =P

EDIT
What's everyone's "routine" songs? My most overplayed songs are

A (Oni mode)
bag
Can't Stop Falling in Love Speedy Mix
Cartoon Heroes Speedy Mix
Do You Remember Me
Mahou no Tabira
Rhythm and Police
Sakura

Spiritsnare

Following the announcement of DDR Super Nova on the Things in the Universe board:

If it is released (not likely, of course) before Fanime, and if it has actually awesome songs, I will do everything in my power to attempt to have the tournament on the new machine.
epic progressive

vox

Atma

Quote from: "Itachi no Jutsu"Or we could make it a PA/Juggling contest! That would be so neat. And retarded. =P

EDIT
What's everyone's "routine" songs? My most overplayed songs are

A (Oni mode)
bag
Cartoon Heroes Speedy Mix
Do You Remember Me
Mahou no Tabira
Rhythm and Police
Sakura

Mine are:

So Deep
A (heavy/dark/hidden) <3 this song.
V
Exotic Ethnic
Sakura
PSM
All the maxxesssssss

PS: woot go san leandro! I used to live there =O. CVGL ftw.

winry_elric

yeah, not good at all.....last time i played DDR for like 4+ hours, i ended up having a seizure...now, do we really want people seizing up all over the Con? i think not lol but that was way back in Oct. ^-^

Spiritsnare

Quote from: "Atma"V

Big lol if that makes it into SuperNova.
epic progressive

vox

OniCourseMusha

Quote from: "winry_elric"
yeah, not good at all.....last time i played DDR for like 4+ hours, i ended up having a seizure...now, do we really want people seizing up all over the Con? i think not lol but that was way back in Oct. ^-^
I'm kind of chubby for a Japanese guy! I'm 5'6" and weigh 180! But Stamina doesn't bother me cuz I play Legend road and Paranoia Brothers if I want to. You just have to build stamina or force yourself. And also get something for yourself to drink so u guys dont pass out.
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

Khaistyle

I do legend road runs - if I fail on PSMO, I do it again, the whole damn course.
I DONT PLAY BEMANI ANYMORE, BITCHES!!

lying is an art form

Like OMG I just did this today

XD yah its nothing compared to you guys but like, idk it was my FIRST A on bag on a crappy pad machine... ><

OniCourseMusha

was that bag 1x?

If it is, my best was 70 greats but I'm worthy of AA by playing it more.
Kraken Con Staff

lying is an art form

Yes, that was bag 1x, no mods whatsoever.

I never play speed mods unless like I'm "practicing" to play the song and other mods I never use. I can't tell the difference with solo and regular step colors, Shuffle's only when this guy at my local arcade forces me to do so to "get better".

I started bag on about 2x (foot) and 1x (stepmania), after about a month i was up to 1.5x on foot and then after another few weeks 1x

and i only started learning that song because i saw some guy do it and i was like "whoa thats cool" Oo

And omg i'm still working on Paranoia Survivor. Stamina issues ><

Khaistyle

Hey hey guys, I AAA'd some emo-trance for y'all.

I DONT PLAY BEMANI ANYMORE, BITCHES!!

Spiritsnare

Perhaps we should start a new thread for DDR accomplishments.

This thread is for the actual tournament...we don't want to intimidate would-be participants, now would we? ^^;
epic progressive

vox