Kamen Rider x Super Sentai / Tokusatsu Gathering 2015

Started by hakurei, January 22, 2014, 07:16:31 PM

pantsu

oh i know that feeling of not being able to find enough of the buttons you want!!!  (i did a captain hook costume that needed like 50 buttons total)  i tend to like etsy and ebay for bulk dome buttons (you need silver, right?) as opposed to buying locally.

looking at the weather forecast, i think i'm actually kind of happy i won't be in full PVC gear on saturday, LOL.
2018 lineup:
Fri - Miss Frizzle
Sat - Oren Pierre Alfonso (KR Gaim)
Sun - General Leia (SW: TFA)
Mon - Samwell jersey (OMG Check Please!)

exploding-goats

I am very nervous for the gaim gathering. This is my first year making my own cosplay from scratch, and armor at that. I'm excited to see everyone!  :)

hakurei

Hi all!! Sorry I went MIA for a while - the forums was not sending me thread update emails so I thought this thread was totally dead until I checked in just now......  :(

It looks like we've reached a consensus for the time for the Gaim gathering so it will officially be at Saturday, 4PM. If you see this and know other people going, please let them know so we can all show up at the same time! :) I'll be updating the front post shortly to reflect this as well as put in the panel information (congrats Angelx624!) and update the attendee count.

The Gaim gathering will be in the same location as the Toku gathering and I will be there a little early so just look for a Micchy in the front plaza. (I know Micchy is a huge nerd now but please don't beat me up.. LOL)
tumblr | facebook
kiryuuin satsuki / wadanohara

pantsu

omg you guys have no idea how excited i am to derp around as oren pierre.  i put my turban on today and laughed at myself for like 10 minutes.

ALSO!!  in true oren pierre fashion (c'est bon!) i will be bringing homemade cupcakes to the gaim meet....hope this trader joe's cake mix makes enough for everyone!  (they'll be yellow cake with chocolate frosting)
2018 lineup:
Fri - Miss Frizzle

hakurei

Quote from: pantsu on May 20, 2014, 11:33:12 PM
omg you guys have no idea how excited i am to derp around as oren pierre.  i put my turban on today and laughed at myself for like 10 minutes.

ALSO!!  in true oren pierre fashion (c'est bon!) i will be bringing homemade cupcakes to the gaim meet....hope this trader joe's cake mix makes enough for everyone!  (they'll be yellow cake with chocolate frosting)

OMG I think I love you... I'll be bringing fruit snacks for sure but I can also bring some cookies if I have time on Friday morning before I leave, as long as my roomies don't eat them all. They will be chocolate+peanut butter chip cookies so I hope no one is allergic to nuts. Also can't wait to see your Oren! Wish I had picked Jounouchi instead of Micchy to cosplay...

I will prob be joining everyone in the "costume not finished" club since my Wakana fabric came super late and I don't think I have time to make something for her alongside everything else. :( Oh well... We will see what happens.
tumblr | facebook

midori

Didn't know there will be a KR/Sentai gathering!!
I will be cosplaying as rider girl blade

Hope to see you guys at the gathering ^^

dexchu100

Funny thing. I decided to change my cosplay to Kamen Rider Gaim Jinbei Lemon Arms cause of my own personal reasons XD and its done so I'm looking forward to seeing all you fellow Toku cosplayer. This will be an exciting event :D

pantsu

Quote from: hakurei on May 20, 2014, 11:59:29 PM
Also can't wait to see your Oren! Wish I had picked Jounouchi instead of Micchy to cosplay...

a small preview....(glasses will be different)
2018 lineup:
Fri - Miss Frizzle

ThatBlueDinosaurGuy

Aw, yeah, definitely looking forward to this gathering. Nossan is ready to make a BRAVE show with the rest of his Kyoryuger crew and then I'll let people know what's up with Gaim during that gathering because that's how DJ Sagara rolls!
Kono bangumi wa, goran no sponsor teikyou de, o kurishimasu ka

hakurei

@pantsu: WTF that shirt is perfect... ahhhhhhhh. Looking at the muffler is just making me warm though.

Front page is updated! See you all in 2 days!
tumblr | facebook

hakurei

Fanime is over! I hope everyone got home safe and gets a good rest. Thank you to everyone who came out on Saturday, either to the main Toku gathering or the Gaim gathering! I'd especially like to thank Fashwiing and KawaiiMess for being tall and loud for me since I'm very very short, and pantsu for bringing cupcakes to the Gaim gathering (and the Bandou who brought Danimals too!!). :) It was a ton of fun and I can't wait to hopefully see you all next year too.

Now go watch the new Gaim episode (especially everyone who missed the stream), it's super intense.
tumblr | facebook

limDsage

Quote from: hakurei on May 27, 2014, 01:00:52 AM
Fanime is over! I hope everyone got home safe and gets a good rest. Thank you to everyone who came out on Saturday, either to the main Toku gathering or the Gaim gathering! I'd especially like to thank Fashwiing and KawaiiMess for being tall and loud for me since I'm very very short, and pantsu for bringing cupcakes to the Gaim gathering (and the Bandou who brought Danimals too!!). :) It was a ton of fun and I can't wait to hopefully see you all next year too.

Now go watch the new Gaim episode (especially everyone who missed the stream), it's super intense.

Fun times, yo! Thanks for organizing the event and shoutouts to everyone who attended the gathering! Apologies if I wasn't able to turn up for the Gaim gathering. See you guys next year!

Twitter: @limDsage
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/sicse7en
Youtube gaming channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/limDsage
PSN: sicse7en

CherryGeri

hi guys!! hope you're all doing great; i had so much fun at the toku and Gaim gatherings this weekend~
and i decided to start using my flickr again, so all the toku-related photos i took on Saturday are here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/geri_bear/sets/72157644482971828

i'll also put them up on my cosplay page before the week is over!
facebook.com/cherrygeri.cosplay

fanime17 tentative lineup: Shokugeki Megumi / BnHA Tsuyu / Maidragon Kanna / P5 Makoto / FE Fates Sakura

Char350

Thank you Hakurei for organizing, and Fashwiing and KawaiiMess for keeping us rowdy toku fans under control!

Too bad I wasn't as awesome as the Captain Marvelous changing  into Tessai midway through the gathering or I would have cosplayed as both Gai and Takeru during the main gathering haha.  Gaim gathering and food after was really chill!  A good break with the crazy intense main gathering!

I won't be able to get to loading pictures until the weekend, but will keep everyone posted!
Fanime 2015 Plans:
*Umemori Genta (Shinkenger)
*Chase (Kamen Rider Drive)

Captain Marvelous

Quote from: Char350 on May 28, 2014, 05:43:00 PM
Captain Marvelous changing  into Tessai midway through the gathering
I'm never going to live that down, am I?
Next Con
????

Char350

Quote from: Captain Marvelous on May 28, 2014, 08:38:31 PM
Quote from: Char350 on May 28, 2014, 05:43:00 PM
Captain Marvelous changing  into Tessai midway through the gathering
I'm never going to live that down, am I?

Dude it was totally awesome.  You literally Gokai Changed!
Fanime 2015 Plans:
*Umemori Genta (Shinkenger)
*Chase (Kamen Rider Drive)

Zyudenchi

Hello gang! This is Aiki (zyudenchi on tumblr)- I handed out the Decade!camera business cards. Dropping in to inform that I finally got around to uploading the start of pictures from both this & the Gaim gathering!

Tokusatsu @ FanimeCon 2014
I'm not quite done yet (I've got tons more from both gatherings to upload) but you can start tagging yourselves & like the page so you'll be updated when other pictures are uploaded! Thanks to everyone for being amazing!

This was actually my first toku gathering at a con & I had so much fun. >.< Thanks for the laughs and a wonderful time overall!
Fanime 2014 Costumes:
Kazuraba Kouta | Kazuraba Kouta (Femme) | Hanaki Guriko | Kotobuki Reiji (& its not changing anymore!)
Cosplay Photographer | http://facebook.com/teamtoubun
Free Shoots @ Fanime: http://zyudenchi.tumblr.com/post/85994397330/slots-sti

limDsage

Quote from: Zyudenchi on May 31, 2014, 05:40:20 AM
Hello gang! This is Aiki (zyudenchi on tumblr)- I handed out the Decade!camera business cards. Dropping in to inform that I finally got around to uploading the start of pictures from both this & the Gaim gathering!

Tokusatsu @ FanimeCon 2014
I'm not quite done yet (I've got tons more from both gatherings to upload) but you can start tagging yourselves & like the page so you'll be updated when other pictures are uploaded! Thanks to everyone for being amazing!

This was actually my first toku gathering at a con & I had so much fun. >.< Thanks for the laughs and a wonderful time overall!

Thanks for the pics!

Twitter: @limDsage
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/sicse7en
Youtube gaming channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/limDsage
PSN: sicse7en

Angelx624

Rather late to this but I had a lot of fun at the toku gathering and Gaim gathering this year!! And yes, food after Gaim was great and was a good opportunity to relax after running around like a headless chicken for the first half of the day.

I'll link to photos once I finish uploading them(I've been kinda lazy and forgetful on that..... ahaha.....)
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

ToshiX

had a blast, lets have a fun and biggr gathering next year =)
"When The Snow Melts, What Does It Become?"
"It Becomes Water"
Bzz" Bzz, Wrong It Becomes Spring Silly"
"Spring Is My Favorite Season Of All"

Cosplays
???