Official DEATH NOTE Gathering 2007

Started by scyper15, May 29, 2006, 07:20:11 PM

Are you going to the gathering as a DN character?

Yes, definately. :D
21 (70%)
No, sorry. D:
3 (10%)
I'll be going to the gathering, but not cosplaying. Just for the eyecandy. :D
6 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Voting closed: May 29, 2006, 07:20:11 PM

scyper15

I suppose I'll make a thread for the official Death Note gathering for 2007. The 2006 one was awesome! I was the shortest guy L there for the 2006 gathering. For 2006, basically most of the Death Note cosplayers met up together after the Shonen Jump cosplay. I'm not sure when to do the Death Note gathering for 2007. I'll see how many people reply to this thread and decide upon the date, location, and time afterwards. I'll put the info on this post so it'll be easy to find.

Cosplaying as Death Note is very fun. ^_^! L is just fun to cosplay and walking bare foot is..somewhat disgusting and fun at the same time. XD And there are just so many wacky ideas for photos like one where all the L's are dead on the floor with all the Lights writing in their Death Note. We had a bondage Misa for 2006 and she was AWESOME. :o So.. Yeah. Official Death Note Gathering for 2007 is here. Reply whoever is thinking about cosplaying.

Okay. I know this is probably too early. BUT for those who have decided to cosplay as a Death Note character, please specify specifically who and when you'll be cosplaying that character in this thread, so I can add to this post.

LOCATION AND TIME: Refer to Shonen Jump Gathering. We will split up after that to our own Death Note Group.

Day: Sunday
Time: 1 PM
Meeting Place: Fountains in front

:] Hope this works.. although I doubt it.. >.<

Lilghost

Hey, female Raito checking in up in here!

If I can get my L ((we were the chained up duo)) to come again next year then yeah, we'll be there with bells on-- it was fantastic! We should do something for Der Cosplay too.
"What the funkin' wagnos?"

scyper15

Oh. Are you the female Light in the picture?

Touya no Miko

Damn, that's a lot of Ls. Maybe I can go as Zombie L again.
OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

ADORABLEAZN06

Akaihari

you guys might flame me for this but...
what is death note?
It looks interesting
:oops:
Now all of china knows you're here

scyper15

XD;; Um.. Don't worry. It's not that popular yet.. I think. >o<

Death Note is a manga by Tsugumi Ooba and drawn by Obata Takeshi (Also did the art for Hikaru no Go). I'm not good with sypnosis.. so here's the one from Animenewsnetwork.com

Shinigami own notebooks called “Death Notes” which are used as killing devices. Whoever’s name they write down in a death note will die within 40 seconds. Shinigami Ryuku accidentally dropped his Death Note in the human world where it’s found by honor high school student Raito. With the death note actually having directions in it for its use, Raito discovers he now has the power to discreetly kill people, and with this new power he plans to change the world in his ideal world by killing off criminals. Eventually the governments of the countries around the world notice the unusual amounts of deaths of their criminals, and figure out someone is behind them, but they have no way of discovering it themselves. That’s when they hire L, a master detective, to find out who is behind the murders.

L is a very very cute and adorable character who's very fun to cosplay. (And easy for losers like me who can't cosplay) :o That's why we OWN LIGHTS!! XD

uzutake

Quote from: "scyper15"I suppose I'll make a thread for the official Death Note gathering for 2007. The 2006 one was awesome! I was the shortest guy L there for the 2006 gathering. For 2006, basically most of the Death Note cosplayers met up together after the Shonen Jump cosplay. I'm not sure when to do the Death Note gathering for 2007. I'll see how many people reply to this thread and decide upon the date, location, and time afterwards. I'll put the info on this post so it'll be easy to find.

Cosplaying as Death Note is very fun. ^_^! L is just fun to cosplay and walking bare foot is..somewhat disgusting and fun at the same time. XD And there are just so many wacky ideas for photos like one where all the L's are dead on the floor with all the Lights writing in their Death Note. We had a bondage Misa for 2006 and she was AWESOME. :o So.. Yeah. Official Death Note Gathering for 2007 is here. Reply whoever is thinking about cosplaying.

Picture of the gathering for 2006. I'm the dude at the bottom right. >o>

Wait, are you the L that kept getting glomped by 3 girls? I was one of them and we were really really big fans of that L >w< The "L"'s are in the way so I cant see your face.

It's still really early in the year ot be talking about gatherings, so when next year comes around, please put where the gathering's gonna be! I'd love to glomp all of you L's :3

scyper15

I don't think I ever got glomped. :( So it wasn't me. T3T I'm fairly short..

Lilghost

Quote from: "scyper15"Oh. Are you the female Light in the picture?

Yup! That's me in the horrible wig...
"What the funkin' wagnos?"

senritsu

i might show up, but this time try to refrain from getting creamer in my hair guys

pleeeeeeeeeeease???

... we could have an L scavenger hunt or something next year

This morning, shortly after eleven o'clock, comedy struck this little house in Dibley. Sudden. Violent. Comedy.

~~Loktera~~

@_@

There was a gathering?

Holy moses... I didn't even know. My L was just a last minute thing.
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

scyper15

Quote from: "senritsu"i might show up, but this time try to refrain from getting creamer in my hair guys

pleeeeeeeeeeease???

... we could have an L scavenger hunt or something next year

I better hope we don't. XD; It was just too disgusting. >.>;;

And yeah. There was a gathering, Loktera. Come next year? :D

devilZ

Hey there all, male Raito here. If im able to make it to Fanime next year, Im up for it again. Fun times with..what was the count..like 8 L's? I know there were like 2 or 3 others hanging around. Also look out for me at Y-con, so Raito on L action.

PsychicPsycho

wow... me and my best friend dressed up as L and Raito, but we didn't know about this... :(

scyper15

Aw :( Did you guys have pictures?

PsychicPsycho

yup! im uploading em, ill try 2 post some when i get the chance.  :D

the only bad thing is that my hair got messy towards the end of the night...

(if anyone else has pictures of us, can you post them? I wanna see! lol)

PsychicPsycho

best picture of us i could find (before my hair got all messed up, lol)

scyper15

PsychicPsycho