4 (23.5%)
Saturday
11 (64.7%)
Sunday
2 (11.8%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: March 23, 2007, 01:41:08 AM

MisakiFan41

Alright ladies and gents, no movie deserves better viewing than at a IMAX theater! This is one of those movies!

May 4, 2007

Mark your calenders! Venom comes to the big screens, does he deserve to be seen on IMAX? you damn well know it!

"A strange black entity from another world bonds with Peter Parker and causes inner turmoil as he contends with new villains, temptations, and revenge. Director Sam Raimi and stars Tobey Maguire, Kirsten Dunst and James Franco are joined in the third installment of Spider-Man by Topher Grace as Venom, and Thomas Haden Church as the Sandman."
- Fandango.com

There are two places that I know of that has IMAX. They are the Metreon in Downtown San Francisco and Regal in Dublin.

The choices are, which theater and what day?

Personally I think Metreon would be best because its easy access via BART and is within walking distance from the Powell St. BART Station. If anyone wants to see this in IMAX it is highly recommended that you purchase tickets online before it releases because this movie will indeed sell out!

Who ever is interested please start posting here!

Guest List:

Myself
*BP!
*gubaba
Asa_Gohan
VictimX
ultramangaia
*felicity869

*tentative

On yet another break....

gubaba

this is weekend of fanime, right?

as much as I'd love to.. I'll have to pass =[ I'll see it at the theatres in sj XD;;;

<3 Rock Howard XD

BP!

Gubaba, you're thinking of Pirates 3. Spider-Man 3 comes out at the START OF MAY.

I'm hella up for this, only trouble will be getting there. My mom sure as heck wouldn't want me going to SF alone. I'll get back to you on this one later.
Cooking is a gift from the gods, spices are a gift from the devil...looks like it was a little too spicy for you. -Sanji

gubaba

Ahh.. okay. My bad.

I blame myself for typing this at like 2 AM D:

...I miss the Metreon though. This sounds fun.. XD;

<3 Rock Howard XD

MisakiFan41

Quote from: "gubaba"Ahh.. okay. My bad.

I blame myself for typing this at like 2 AM D:

...I miss the Metreon though. This sounds fun.. XD;

lol if you wanna see the midnight showing on day 0 of fanime I'm down for that! XD

On yet another break....

Asa_Gohan

Well it would be a nice thing to do since I have basically been to only 1 gathering lol Hm...dunno why I have never noticed but Im a totally different person on the internet...Or maybe thats just me...Hm...Crap Im rambling again lol well anyways it would be nice to go to this gathering. Then the next day my birthday party, then sunday my birthday! I think I have my plan set nya ^^

This sig isnt true anymore...I have to wait for a bit...

VictimX

Spiderman on IMAX... should stay or should I go..? Hell yeah I'm in put me down for this.

ultramangaia

I`m down for this if it saturday or sunday.My sugestion would be to see a showing early in the afternoon.That way we could find some other stuff to get into and it might be easier to get in an early showing.

felicity869

I'm sure I'll be seeing it on thursday at midnight but that would only be at the normal theater. I'll go for sure if it's a sunday. if it's super early or super late on friday or saturday I'd probably be able to go.

Vanessa

Quote from: "MisakiFan41"

Mark your calenders! Gwen Stacy comes to the big screens, does she deserve to be seen on IMAX? you damn well know it!

FIXED.  :D

MisakiFan41

Quote from: "VictimX"Spiderman on IMAX... should stay or should I go..? Hell yeah I'm in put me down for this.

MUWAHAHHAHAA!! IMAX Spider Man 3 will be definately off the hook!!! >3

come on people! KEEP ON ADDING ONTO THE LIST!!

On yet another break....

OniCourseMusha

It only takes me one muni ride to get to Metreon. Yes I'll probably be there.
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

Emerge

although im not a big fan of movies, im pretty sure i can pass by to say "hey"!

MisakiFan41

Seems like saturday is winning so far!

Ok guys, lets start confirming on who's coming and who's not!

I know I'm going either way!

On yet another break....

OniCourseMusha

Quote from: "MisakiFan41"Seems like saturday is winning so far!

Ok guys, lets start confirming on who's coming and who's not!

I know I'm going either way!
I talked to Khaistyle about watching it together wit u guys. I am going!
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

shortpachoo

Want to go but don't really want to pay the $10+ it cost now for a movie

Saturday is the only open day, since I close on Fri (12am) and Sun (9pm).

Fanime 2011 Staff: ??
Tech Minion: 2004-05, 2007-10
Video Programming: 2004-06
Staffer since: '04

gubaba

<3 Rock Howard XD

RyuHayabusa

I vote for Saturday as well. I'll be there. :D
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

OniCourseMusha

I just talked to Bart-boy regarding the Spider man 3 I-Max gathering during CBF. He told me that he'll probably won't make it due to money issue (obviously saving up for fanime).  But he did gave me the permission to take over instead.  PM me if u want to exchange numbers so we can keep in contact if you're interested for the gathering.
Kraken Con Staff

MisakiFan41

you know what...after seeing the newest tv commercial, I'm going!

I'll still be coming to this gathering and I'll be bringing along some friends as well on saturday. Ok we now need to set up a meeting time and what time we're gonna see the movie. These are the following times avaliable for IMAX via fandango.

9:00am 12:20 3:40 7:00 10:20 1:40am

We need to select one and we have to buy our tickets online before they sell out for saturday. I promise you they "WILL" sell out all day for IMAX so we must select a time right away. I'll give you guys the voting til Monday evening then we'll buy our tickets online and such. please note there is "NO" discounts for IMAX movies so it doesn't matter it we go matinee and such.

My vote is on 3:40. We can hang out in j-town for a bit then go to the metreon for the movie. but its just a option. quick we need to decide now!

On yet another break....