Hotel Check In / Out Times, Parking Info - UPDATED FOR 2007

Started by snorlax, May 25, 2006, 05:23:05 PM

snorlax

Marriott: 3pm check in, 12pm check out / $12.50 valet parking only with in/out privileges (normally $25)

Hilton: 4pm check in, 12pm check out / $10 self parking per night (normally $15 for self parking). Both options come with in/out privileges. From what I understand, there is a special rate of $10 daily parking at the convention center during FanimeCon. The Hilton does have Valet parking available at higher rate.

Crowne Plaza: 3pm check in, 12pm check out / $7 self parking (normally $14). Please check with hotel regarding in/out privileges.

Sainte Claire: 3pm check in, 12pm check out / $13 valet parking only with in/out privileges (normally $21)

Fairmont: 3pm check in, 12pm check out / $26 valet parking only with in/out privileges

Additional parking info for downtown San Jose can be found here: http://www.sjdowntownparking.com/parking_map.php (note that rates/info listed may not be 100% current)

If you are arriving earlier than the listed check in time, you can still check in, but your room may not be ready. If this is the case, the hotel can store your belongings until the room is ready to be occupied.

On your check out date, if you wish to store your belongings until you are ready to leave, the hotels will also be able to provide storage services.

If you are arriving after the listed check in time, your reservation will still be held (hence the credit card given to guarantee your reservation). There are no penalties for late arrivals nor does the front desk close at any time. There is always someone at the front desk to check you in 24/7.

If you do not show up on your reserved check in date, you will be charged a fee of one night's room and tax. Those that may check in after midnight, please call the hotel and let them know. If you don't, your reservation may be subject to cancellation with a fee of one night's room and tax.

Hope this helps and have a great time!

Leroy
FanimeCon Housing/CMR

yumicchi88

I am planning to be there from the morning, but is there any place I can store my bags somewhere? (for Marriott)
This year I will Volunteer!

Excited about Karaoke Contest!!

thebrain2u

I'm registered at the Marriott. Is the $21 per night valet parking the 50% off price for con goers?

IamTetsuo

Well considering this is all last years info I would say that no the $21 fee doesn't reflect the 50% off.

yumicchi88

...its good to read to the end....
sorry i found my answer...
This year I will Volunteer!

Excited about Karaoke Contest!!

Moonblossom

Thank you for this info :)

Do you know if we call ahead they might arrange for early check-in? I'm going to be heading to the airport here around 5:30 AM eastern, I will probably be quite exhausted by the time I get into San Jose (flight arrives at 1 PM) and was hoping to have a bit of a lie-down ~.~;;

FanFicGuru

Quote from: "Moonblossom"Thank you for this info :)

Do you know if we call ahead they might arrange for early check-in? I'm going to be heading to the airport here around 5:30 AM eastern, I will probably be quite exhausted by the time I get into San Jose (flight arrives at 1 PM) and was hoping to have a bit of a lie-down ~.~;;

If you call them they will do their best to accomodate your request to check in early. Some hotels that I've been at have been ready for me to check in as early as 8 AM!!

In any case, the hotel knows that there will be a flood of people checking in and will want to clear out the hotel as expediently as possible to accomodate all of the incoming guests. Just make sure to call the day before you're coming in, or the morning that you are coming in so that they can make the proper arrangements.

No matter what people say about the fandom, we're still paying customers and as such it's in the hotel's best interest to serve you as best as they possibly can. ^_^
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Moonblossom

I was planning to call a few days ahead just to confirm my reservation anyways (I'm mildly neurotic and I've had a few bad travel experiences lately so I try to make sure everything is completely set in stone beforehand), so I'll ask them about it then. Thanks!

Vanessa

Moonblossom

Quote from: "Vanessa"50% off parking? wha? how? when?  :shock:

The Marriott's apparently having a promotion for Fanime attendees. It's listed on the hotel reservation info page

http://www.cmrhousing.com/fani_8a/hotel-list.asp

IamTetsuo

The Hilton is going to be matching Convention center parking as well.  So both will be around $10 a day, I think.

Vanessa

Quote from: "Moonblossom"

The Marriott's apparently having a promotion for Fanime attendees. It's listed on the hotel reservation info page

Awwww. I'm staying at the Hilton.

heeroyuy135

Quote from: "Vanessa"
Quote from: "Moonblossom"

Awwww. I'm staying at the Hilton.
The parking rate at the Hilton is the same as parking at the convention center parking lot, if you look below the Marriott...

IamTetsuo

Is there any chance that this info will be updated for this year?

snorlax

Hi All,

The hotel info has been updated for 2007.

Thanks!
Leroy

LadyKaren

Leroy, I'm suppose to make this update on the website, but I figured you should make it on the forum as well.

Convention center parking is $10 per day

thebrain2u

I had a question about the parking for the marriott. Since it's 50% off for con-goers, do I need to tell them? Like, show them my badge when I check-in?