Heath Ledger, 28, Is Found Dead

Started by Shinsengumi, January 22, 2008, 02:58:47 PM

Shinsengumi

I just found out that the actor that plays the Joker in the next Batman movie, Batman - The Dark Knight was found dead in his apartment.

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/01/22/actor-heath-ledger-is-found-dead/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaIR9dAZRR0

Batman - The Dark Knight Trailer
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

otakuapprentice

IIRC, that was the last movie he starred in.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Kandybar

It's so sad!  He was so young, and he was such a versatile actor.  :'(

VictimX

When someone told me that earlier I couldn't believe it... just by watching the trailers he looked great playing the Joker... its a sad day.

Runewitt

its sad, maybe they'll dedicate the film to him. i saw the thing on aol news when i signed on.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

zoupzuop2

That is pretty sad. Heath seemed like a great actor, and I'm surprised that he had to go at a sort of young age.

Ironically, "A Knight's Tale" has been one of my guiltiest movie pleasures. He at least made it watchable, and to be honest I couldn't have seen it with anyone else in that role. Also, to see him as Joker was pretty cool.

Farewell, Heath.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

Kazuko

WHAT

my friend and I were just talking about him too

=\ man he was alright but thats a shame

Chloe

Wow, I didn't know he was the Joker...

Wait, what will happen to the movie then? 
Cosplays for '10?  WHO KNOWS!?!

edendreams

aww i was so sad to find that out I really loved him as an actor. I especially admired him for his acting in brother's grimm because he played against his usual acting type. But he'll be very much missed.

I hope the movie is just as good as it seems it will be.

a little art by me ^-^

Eurobeat King

Quote from: Chloe on January 22, 2008, 07:56:51 PM
Wow, I didn't know he was the Joker...

Wait, what will happen to the movie then? 

It was said that they recently finished production on The Dark Knight so the movie will be completed and still released in the summer.  I'm sure he'll do a great job as the Joker.  It's too bad that he died at a young age.   But at least his last movie will be good, considering the bad films he made within the recent years:  Cassanova, Brothers Grimm, and The Order.
"Freedom is the right of all sentient cosplayers."

RyuHayabusa

I heard the news today on KCBS 740. I was shocked as well, since he just wrapped up The Dark Knight and he looks and acts amazing as the Joker in The Dark Knight Trailers. He will be missed.
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Shinsengumi

The only movie that I like that he was on was The Patriot with Mel Gibson. Thats sad that a very young age he died.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

Jerry

Dont forget he also did - Brokeback Mountain.

His complete profile @ imdb.com hasnt been updated to show his decease date.

R.I.P Mr. Heath Ledger.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Eurobeat King

It's tragic enough that he died, but now this is even more despicable to read about:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,324966,00.html

this crap just ticks me off..  >:(

"Freedom is the right of all sentient cosplayers."

Moonblossom

Quote from: Eurobeat King on January 23, 2008, 04:27:26 PM
It's tragic enough that he died, but now this is even more despicable to read about:

Wow... have some respect for the deceased and for the emotions of the ones they left behind, please?

It doesn't surprise me to find out these are the same fuckwads who picket your soldiers' services. :( I'm Canadian, and I may not support the motives behind the war but I sure as hell support the people who are out their putting their lives on the line, be they US or Canadian citizens.

Sorry, got a bit off-topic/ranty there... ~.~;;

Back on track. I normally don't get all choked up at celebrity deaths, I mean yes they're sad but they don't hit me the way a friend or family member's would, but I've always been fond of Heath Ledger. I think he was a very talented man, engaging, witty, and interesting. When I read about this yesterday I was at work, and I had trouble composing myself. I work in a toy store, and there were a few kids around, some "regulars" who stop by after school, and one of them is incredibly perceptive. She asked me what was wrong, and I just started crying. She reached over the counter and patted my hand, told me she had no idea who he was (she's seven or eight, and a Francophone with not a lot of exposure to English films) but she was very sorry I was so upset. It was really touching.

I hope they find out exactly what happened to him, and if it does turn out to be suicide that he's finally at peace and at rest from whatever demons drove him to it.

Glitch

Quote from: Moonblossom on January 23, 2008, 04:55:42 PM
Quote from: Eurobeat King on January 23, 2008, 04:27:26 PM

Wow... have some respect for the deceased and for the emotions of the ones they left behind, please?

It doesn't surprise me to find out these are the same fuckwads who picket your soldiers' services. :( I'm Canadian, and I may not support the motives behind the war but I sure as hell support the people who are out their putting their lives on the line, be they US or Canadian citizens.

Those assholes are known to picket every funeral they see. I swear that church's sole reason for existing is just to piss people off. this will pretty much explain the Westboro Baptist church to those unfamiliar. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westboro_Baptist_Church
sorry for going off topic.

KawaiiAngel

Poor Heath Ledger, I never really got into him as an actor but he sure was a hottie :'(

I wonder what they're going to do about the Batman movie...the joker isn't supposed to die...they'll have to get someone else I bet, and it's going to be twice as creepy watching the movie and thinking "wow, he died"

D':

RIP

AbsolutelyCursed

I believe the Batman movie was already completed before his death.

otakuapprentice

Quote from: AbsolutelyCursed on February 11, 2008, 09:22:45 PM
I believe the Batman movie was already completed before his death.

yea, they finished the movie before he passed away; good guess is they will leave a "In memory of" message before the credits roll at the end of the movie. its only right they do that.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

mDuo13

Actually, the last movie that will feature Heath Ledger is "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus" where he plays the love interest. Apparently they were only partway through shooting, but they're doing a rewrite where - since the movie already involves some magic - Heath Ledger's character sometimes appears as other people.

Oh yeah, and I heard that the investigation showed that his death was accidental, though they didn't say how they figured it out.