Looking for people to hang out with this year

Started by PinkFuzzums, March 05, 2012, 12:58:37 PM

kane64

Your first name: Justin, but I go by Kane as well
Age or age range: 28
Time of arrival: Going on Friday and will be there in and out until Monday, not getting a room. Driving to it each day.
Events you will go to:  Gaia Panel Hoping to go to a few other events, but depends on who I meet up with and what is available
What is your favorite~

• anime: Dragonball Z, Bleach, S-cry-ed, FLCL
  • manga: Freezing, Bleach, Naruto, Fairy Tale, Tenjo Tenge
  • video game: Marvel v Capcom, Mortal Kombat, Smash Bros
How many times have you been here: This will be my 6th year here
What brought you to fanime: Friend told me about.
One random fact: I have only cosplayed once, and I plan to do it again this year.
Favorite Fanime memory: Not going to lie, seeing all the hot ladies.
Favorite Fanime event? Or what event are you looking forward to: Gaia Panel and the Anime Viewing rooms
A question you want to ask everyone on this form: What places do you guys like to eat at during the convention?
"I'm addicted to Star Trek
"I'm a Klingon speaking federation freak
"I find I'm more inclined
"To spend the bulk of my time
"On the starship Enterprise
"Than talking to girls I meet"
-Deaf Pedestrians

Haunterluvcookies

@Kane64

I belive friendship can be found in a weekend but its up to those friends to keep in touch when they go their separte ways after the con. Because I might not be the only one that is coming to the can from far away. I am always looking for people to talk during the con and after the con.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Poland or hungary- Hetalia
Ace- Alice in the Country of Hearts
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

princesskitty18

glad to know that this has hyped up so much :)

Your first name: jackie
Age or age range: 21
Time of arrival: arrivin friday afternoon for karaoke contest, stayin until sunday night for b&w ball. might commute, might hotel it..not sure yet
Events you will go to: karaoke contest, speed dating (possibly), panels (depending..), dance lessons (im gonna be an assistant) and b&w ball
What is your favorite~
anime: too many to count..thats all im gonna say
video games: smash :)
How many times have you been here: This will be my 7th year here
What brought you to fanime: my anime club back in high school started goin and ive been goin ever since
One random fact: i made it into the karaoke finals, and its my goal to make it again :D
Favorite Fanime memory: just hangin wit my friends and chillin
Favorite Fanime event? Or what event are you looking forward to: b&w ball since it'll be so much bigger this year, and karaoke as always
A question you want to ask everyone on this form: is there someone that uve met thru fanime and uve ACTUALLY kept in touch with afterward?

cant wait to meet everyone!! :D
Fanime attendee since 2006
2012 Black & White Ball volunteer
2013-now Black & White Ball Staff

Follow us on Facebook page and Twitter!
- https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
- https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

kane64

Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on March 25, 2012, 03:02:39 PM
@Kane64

I believe friendship can be found in a weekend but its up to those friends to keep in touch when they go their separate ways after the con. Because I might not be the only one that is coming to the con from far away. I am always looking for people to talk during the con and after the con.
I agree that a new friendship can be made during a weekend, especially at a con. I am always looking for new friends, for/at the con and away as well.
-Deaf Pedestrians

Alix777

Your first name: Alexis
Age or age range: Young Adult
Time of arrival: Saturday
Time of departure: Sunday
Events you will go to:Soul Eater Gathering, Rave, and other events
What is your favorite~
•anime: Xamd lost memories, Naruto, Soul Eater FMA
How many times have you been here: 2 times
What brought you to fanime: Friend told me about.
One random fact:.
Favorite Fanime memory:

Haunterluvcookies

Wow There are so many replies! I can't wait till fanime so I can meet you all! Only 60 days now... I love Fanime!
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

princesskitty18

Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on March 26, 2012, 10:41:07 AM
Wow There are so many replies! I can't wait till fanime so I can meet you all! Only 60 days now... I love Fanime!

dang 60 days only?
that seems like such a long time yet at the same time such a short time since time flies by so quickly
cant wait to meet ppl!

egrrr

Quote from: Kpmonkeygirl on March 24, 2012, 10:03:52 PM
That sounds interesting! I will check it out!

Hopefully you liked it.  I have an eclectic choice in music so youtube is a great way to kill some time when I'm supposed to be working.

Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on March 24, 2012, 10:11:08 PM
I want to cosplay from Howl's moving castle as Howl! I love his movies... they are the best.

I liked Howl's moving castle, but if I could cosplay I would cosplay as his assistant.  I liked the bravado in the character.

Quote from: zer0 on March 25, 2012, 03:00:45 AM
A question you want to ask everyone on this form; can a friendship be forged in a weekend that will last longer?

Sure, anything's possible.  Besides anime (as cheesy as it's going to sound) can be the glue that binds people together.

Quote from: kane64 on March 25, 2012, 05:21:25 AM
A question you want to ask everyone on this form: What places do you guys like to eat at during the convention?

I can't remember most of the restaurants but this time I will definitely will try to get some sushi and korean food.

Quote from: princesskitty18 on March 25, 2012, 06:53:23 PM
A question you want to ask everyone on this form: is there someone that uve met thru fanime and uve ACTUALLY kept in touch with afterward?

cant wait to meet everyone!! :D

No, sadly this wasn't the case last year.  Hopefully this year will be different.

Quote from: princesskitty18 on March 26, 2012, 02:28:38 PM

dang 60 days only?
that seems like such a long time yet at the same time such a short time since time flies by so quickly
cant wait to meet ppl!

Is there an approximate time when the meet is gonna happen?

princesskitty18

Quote from: egrrr on March 26, 2012, 11:58:48 PM
Quote from: princesskitty18 on March 25, 2012, 06:53:23 PM

No, sadly this wasn't the case last year.  Hopefully this year will be different.
that sucks. ive always managed to make friends and actually stick with them. hope that u do too! its always fun :)

Quote from: egrrr on March 26, 2012, 11:58:48 PM
Quote from: princesskitty18 on March 26, 2012, 02:28:38 PM

dang 60 days only?
cant wait to meet ppl!

Is there an approximate time when the meet is gonna happen?

im not sure. ur gonna have to ask the main person who started this thread...whcih im not sure who they are XD

kane64

This year is sounding better and better as we get closer to it. I can't wait. I hope I have all of my cosplay clothes before Fanime. I really want to cosplay again this year.
-Deaf Pedestrians

echoshadow

To answer the question of friendship, Well that depends. Most of the people I meet at previous conventions I haven't keep contact after the first month. Life kind of sets you back into the routine you had. It also doesn't help that the people I meet are far away.

To answer the food question, I can't remember but the pizza place was good. Usually I go find a Chilies or some where less crowed. I usually eat light breakfast, lunch but the dinner is when I get something more filling.

Well the original poster hasn't came back, and we kind of just when with it. But I say since most of us will be staying over Thursday we can meet up some what early on Friday. But not too early.

Arggg...one week till April and I'm starting to feel the crunch.
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

lfan

I would love to hang and meet new people! Me and my friend will be dressed as Rin from Blue Exorcist and Gamazee. So look for us! Don't be afraid to say hi.

Maskenlav

Name: Anthony Niaz

Arrival: Thursday afternoon

Departure: Early monday morning

Attendance years: 2006-present

Events: ALL (hopefully)

Events to look for: Yaoi bingo to impress the girls in my Sebastian cosplay lol

Random fanime fact: last year I was followed by a group of girls who drooled for my dark angel cosplay
"I'll do it! I'll marry you!"

Haunterluvcookies

@Maskenlav

OMG your going to be Demon Sebastion! (can't spell) That is so cool! I hope I can get a pick with you!
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

Maskenlav

Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on March 28, 2012, 11:26:45 PM
@Maskenlav

OMG your going to be Demon Sebastion! (can't spell) That is so cool! I hope I can get a pick with you!

lolz yupz! Well your bound to run into a guy with black wings so I'm gauranteed it'll be me :D just ask for Maskenlav and I'll know it's you Haunter haha

Haunterluvcookies

@Maskenlav

Yay! That makes me excited! Black butler is amazing!
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

Maskenlav

Yeah it's pretty cool. I probably was one of many guys to first see Ciel in the pink dress and think how cute "she" was lolol

Muuka

I'll do one for me and my friend :> usually we go with a bigger group but this year it's just us and we'd love to meet some fun people.
Your first name: Muu & Marr
Age; 21 & 20
Time of arrival; Thursday >D
Time of departure; Monday Afternoon
Events you will go to; Ideally, EVERYTHING To be decided though.

Me:
Game - Resident Evil Series, Silent Hill Series & Pokemon of course, alot others.
Manga/Anime - Samurai X, HOTD, SM, NANA, Ranma, Junjou series, Spice & Wolf, 11Eyes, FMA Brother Hood, School Rumble, Birdy, EOTE, I Could go on but I wont. Dur dur
How many times have you been here; 5 times but missed the last two though.
What brought you to fanime;Cosplay, Collecting Opportunitys, fun people ;D Anime~

Mar: To be filled out cause she is forever lazy.

But if you want to become friends and live it up let me know ;D we'd love to meet new people!~

Haunterluvcookies

@Maskenlav

A ciel in a pink dress, how cute! I love Ciel!

@Muuka

hello! Welcome to this crazy forum, blog, topic thing. Hope to see you at fanime!
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi