Looking for people to hang out with this year

Started by PinkFuzzums, March 05, 2012, 12:58:37 PM

Haunterluvcookies

Quote from: Jeimizu on May 07, 2012, 10:00:32 PM
Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on May 07, 2012, 09:04:32 PM
That looks so comfortable. Thats so cool that you live so close! I have to fly and take a lame taxi to get to the hotel.

No shuttle? I thought most of the hotels had shuttles.

When I looked at the hilton it said it didn't have shuttle serive. I really don't want to take a taxi but if I have to I will. I don't think theres any other way but taxi.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Poland or hungary- Hetalia
Ace- Alice in the Country of Hearts
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

Admiral Donuts

There's an airport shuttle for $15, or you can risk the bus for cheaper. Surprised there's no hotel shuttle, though.

Haunterluvcookies

I'll have to look into the shuttle. I am so not from the area so I was just planning on winging it when I got down there. Thats probaly a bad thing to do but I don't know.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

llaaannniiii

Quote from: virilevocalist on May 07, 2012, 07:30:55 PM
Wednesday night: Print out the schedule, go through it highlighting possible things to do. Hit up this thread to figure out what's happening, LOL.

Thursday: My plan is to get home from work, pack, take the VTA Light Rail over to the convention center. Go to the Safeway nearby, and pick up a bottle of Captain Morgan that I promised my roommates(who I met through the roommate thread here, lol), check into my room, relax and get to know my roomies, and then meet you guys!!!!

I'm not working on a cosplay or anything, but maybe I should just wear my kigurumi? It's SOOOOOOO comfortable.
http://kigurumi-shop.com/Fox-Kigurumi.aspx

My plans exactly! Except instead of work it's school and I actually check in on Friday lol.

Haunterluvcookies

Yay for scedule planning! I am already planning the things I am gonna do and all the gatherings I want to attend.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

kane64

Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on May 07, 2012, 10:58:31 PM
I'll have to look into the shuttle. I am so not from the area so I was just planning on winging it when I got down there. That's probably a bad thing to do but I don't know.
If I was in town when you arrived at the airport, I'd give you a ride to your hotel. But since I will probably be in SF at that time, I won't be able to.
"I'm addicted to Star Trek
"I'm a Klingon speaking federation freak
"I find I'm more inclined
"To spend the bulk of my time
"On the starship Enterprise
"Than talking to girls I meet"
-Deaf Pedestrians

princesskitty18

Quote from: kane64 on May 07, 2012, 11:36:24 PM
I'll have to look into the shuttle. I am so not from the area so I was just planning on winging it when I got down there. That's probably a bad thing to do but I don't know.
If I was in town when you arrived at the airport, I'd give you a ride to your hotel. But since I will probably be in SF at that time, I won't be able to.

same!
i dont arrive in the bay area until around midnight on thursday otherwise id help give a ride too
Fanime attendee since 2006
2012 Black & White Ball volunteer
2013-now Black & White Ball Staff

Follow us on Facebook page and Twitter!
- https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
- https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

Haunterluvcookies

Thanks so much guys! :) Your so amazing and helpful. ;D However I think you both are right, I am checking in early I will be in San jose at 10:05 am so I could possibly check into the hotel early.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

echoshadow

Well...most hotels won't let you check in early...at least not before 3:00 pm. So be prepared for that.

I suppose your still a bit too young to rent a car (not over 25). Well hopefully the taxi won't be that expensive. Or you could ask your roomies if they have a car?

Well as for the day zero dinner, any thoughts? Something quick, cheap or filling?
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

Alix777

Is any one meeting up Saturday?  Because I will not be arriving t'ill Saturday due to my college final exams.

kane64

Quote from: Alix777 on May 08, 2012, 07:48:20 AM
Is any one meeting up Saturday?  Because I will not be arriving t'ill Saturday due to my college final exams.
Not officially. But I'm sure a lot of us would be okay with another meet up on Saturday. I know I wouldn't mind. Just hope I'm not to tired after all my other meet ups that day. :)
-Deaf Pedestrians

princesskitty18

so which meetings are official?
thursday night only or both thursday and friday?

Imagine

I'll have to look into the shuttle. I am so not from the area so I was just planning on winging it when I got down there. Thats probaly a bad thing to do but I don't know.
Hmmmm...

Well, assuming you're ok with a stranger giving you a ride from the airport, I live in the area and have a car. Taking Thursday and Friday off from work so I'm free to perhaps shuttle a few folks looking for rides from the airport to their hotels.

I wouldn't mind meeting up with some folks for a dinner or something either, so far I've seen Thursday at 8pm? Is that right? I'm actually going to be attending the con with a friend this time around but I'm sure she'd be up for a small get-together as well.
Fanime 2012 FMV Contest, Experimental Category:
3rd Place Judge's Award
2nd Place Audience Award.

kane64

If I'm not mistaken we have...
~Thursday at 8pm on the second floor if the Marriott
~Friday at 9pm (this one is still being determined, but I am certain of the time but not the location)
~Nothing is planned for Saturday, yet. What time and location would be good for everyone for a Saturday meet up?
-Deaf Pedestrians

princesskitty18

Quote from: kane64 on May 08, 2012, 12:05:11 PM
If I'm not mistaken we have...
~Thursday at 8pm on the second floor if the Marriott
~Friday at 9pm (this one is still being determined, but I am certain of the time but not the location)
~Nothing is planned for Saturday, yet. What time and location would be good for everyone for a Saturday meet up?

awww cant make thursday
cant make friday either depending on the karaoke contest; ill try and go if unfortunately i dont make finals
make something for saturday!! :D

Haunterluvcookies

Quote from: Imagine on May 08, 2012, 10:27:18 AM
Hmmmm...

Well, assuming you're ok with a stranger giving you a ride from the airport, I live in the area and have a car. Taking Thursday and Friday off from work so I'm free to perhaps shuttle a few folks looking for rides from the airport to their hotels.

I wouldn't mind meeting up with some folks for a dinner or something either, so far I've seen Thursday at 8pm? Is that right? I'm actually going to be attending the con with a friend this time around but I'm sure she'd be up for a small get-together as well.

That would be cool. If you anime fan I think I could trust ya. If you want to though. I really don't want to take a taxi or try and find a light rail or something.

@echoshadow
Well I rooming with someone and the room I got he wanted us to be there before 11 to check in. but if not I leave my stuff and go get something to eat.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

Admiral Donuts

Quick-Fix (or maybe the Clinical Trial together) should grant double-jump, then good Scout players can take to being Medics instantly!

echoshadow

Quote from: Alix777 on May 08, 2012, 07:48:20 AM
Yes we plan to make one every day of fanime. So for we just planed for Thrusday dinner meet up.

We have yet to pick a spot & time for the actuall meet up/hang out during the con.

Friday/Saturday/Sunday dinner meets ups may be a bit tricky since there are a few things going on around 8:00. Unless we make it an early dinner meet up. Around 5:00 or 6:00. But just because we can't make it to the dinner, doesn't mean we can't have a lunch meet up. And we will still have the actual meet up/hang out during the con, its not all about food. ;)

Quote from: Jeimizu on May 08, 2012, 02:56:06 PM
Quick-Fix (or maybe the Clinical Trial together) should grant double-jump, then good Scout players can take to being Medics instantly!
You lost there? Seems like you replyed to the wrong thread.

@hunterluvcookies
Sounds good. Well as long a you plan for the unexpeted it should be good. The last thing you want is the person that booked the room to show up hours late...that happend to me once...
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

Imagine

Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on May 08, 2012, 02:01:12 PM
That would be cool. If you anime fan I think I could trust ya. If you want to though. I really don't want to take a taxi or try and find a light rail or something.
Oh, that I am. Hell, I'm enough of an anime fan that I made an AMV to enter into Fanime's contest (though we'll see if mine is chosen as a finalist or not, soon  ;)). And yeah, totally up for helping fellow con-goers, taxis are expensive and going around light rail with luggage can be a pain. That goes for anyone else who would be getting in earlier Thursday too, btw, I kinda doubt I'd have I'd have to time give rides on actual con days :D

As for places to get food, how does Flame's sound? Just a few blocks from the convention center, not too expensive, and would have drinks for those who want it?
Fanime 2012 FMV Contest, Experimental Category:
3rd Place Judge's Award
2nd Place Audience Award.

Haunterluvcookies

Quote from: Imagine on May 08, 2012, 06:42:30 PM
Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on May 08, 2012, 02:01:12 PM
Oh, that I am. Hell, I'm enough of an anime fan that I made an AMV to enter into Fanime's contest (though we'll see if mine is chosen as a finalist or not, soon  ;)). And yeah, totally up for helping fellow con-goers, taxis are expensive and going around light rail with luggage can be a pain. That goes for anyone else who would be getting in earlier Thursday too, btw, I kinda doubt I'd have I'd have to time give rides on actual con days :D

As for places to get food, how does Flame's sound? Just a few blocks from the convention center, not too expensive, and would have drinks for those who want it?

Hey if your up to it then its fine with me. I just need a ride to the hotel, thanks so much! ;D

Flame's? Well I am hoping to try some new places to eat other than subway or mcdonalds.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi