Looking for people to hang out with this year

Started by PinkFuzzums, March 05, 2012, 12:58:37 PM

virilevocalist

@Haunterluvcookies:
If, for whatever reason, ride plans fall through, getting to the convention center/hilton/marriott is really easy! Here's a little mini-guide, just in case Murphy's Law decides to demonstrate itself that day:

So, I'm guessing that you're arriving at SJC Mineta airport. They have a FREE shuttle (Bus Route 10) that takes you to the Metro/Airport Light Rail Station, and Caltrain(but that's not relevant). It'll get you from the airport to the lightrail station in 10 minutes! A new shuttle departs each designated stopping point approximately every 15-30 minutes from 5:00 a.m. to 11:30 p.m.
http://www.vta.org/schedules/SC_10.html

At the lightrail station, tickets are 2 bucks, at least according to the automated ticket machines. You could get on any of the southbound lightrails, like the one going to Santa Teresa or the one going to Winchester. Choose any of the two, since they both pass the convention center. And if you have any questions, there's usually a VTA officer to tell you which one to get on. You would be getting on at the Metro/Airport station that the bus dropped you off at, and riding the southbound light rail for just under 20 minutes. And it drops you off right in front of the convention center! All the major stops are listed here:
http://www.vta.org/schedules/lr_interactive_map/lrBusMap.html

And if you accidentally miss the convention center stop, it's okay! Your ticket is good for at least 2 hours, which is plenty of time to make multiple lightrail trips if you so desire.

Now I don't know how much luggage you have, but if ride plans fall through, it's good info to have, and you'll save a bunch on Taxi Fare!
Previous FanimeCons attended:
'01, '02, '03, '04, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18, '19, ('20, I guess)

virilevocalist

I get on lightrail at the Branham stop and take the northbound one. I've taken it every year, and it's cool to see a lightrail car full of con-goers and cosplayers, haha.
Previous FanimeCons attended:
'01, '02, '03, '04, '11, '12, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17, '18, '19, ('20, I guess)

Imagine

Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on May 08, 2012, 07:25:32 PM
Hey if your up to it then its fine with me. I just need a ride to the hotel, thanks so much! ;D

Flame's? Well I am hoping to try some new places to eat other than subway or mcdonalds.
Sounds good. I'll send ya some contact info as the con approaches in a PM or something.

As for Flames, here's the website and menu: http://flameseatery.com/ and http://flameseatery.com/flames-menu.pdf
Fanime 2012 FMV Contest, Experimental Category:
3rd Place Judge's Award
2nd Place Audience Award.

Maskenlav

I'll be there for thursday but the other prob not
"I'll do it! I'll marry you!"

Haunterluvcookies

@viriilevocalist

Thanks so much for the info! I will keep that in mind if something happens the day I come.

@Imagine

Okay, thanks so much for the ride, saves me the trouble of getting lost in San Jose. and I will be looking for the PM.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Poland or hungary- Hetalia
Ace- Alice in the Country of Hearts
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

kane64

Quote from: virilevocalist on May 08, 2012, 07:43:24 PM
I get on lightrail at the Branham stop and take the northbound one. I've taken it every year, and it's cool to see a lightrail car full of con-goers and cosplayers, haha.
I've been thinking about doing this at times. Would save on the gas and the price for parking. The only downside to it though is if I buy something, I wouldn't have a place to take it.
"I'm addicted to Star Trek
"I'm a Klingon speaking federation freak
"I find I'm more inclined
"To spend the bulk of my time
"On the starship Enterprise
"Than talking to girls I meet"
-Deaf Pedestrians

Haunterluvcookies

That for is a good thing because I have a hotel room.

@kane64
Also if your willing to trust me, you can store all your items you bought in my hotel room. It could save you some money that way. If that will help any.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

llaaannniiii

if we're gonna be staying till late, theres like happy hour at mckormick and schmidt right where the Fairmont is at. I believe it starts at 9 and ends at 11, and the other happy hour time for them is 4 to 6. Their burger and fries were only $1.50 last time i went ( but that was a year ago and they couldve changed it). They also make really good drinks since they use fresh juice instead of the sugary stuff. Their happy hour catch is you gotta purchase a drink whether it would be soda or an alcoholic beverage. I just hope their bar area would be able to host us :)

Haunterluvcookies

IDK about happy hour. I just turned 21 and I am still not much of a drinker so I might pull out if you guys decided to do this. Sorry, I just don't really like the taste. :-\
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

llaaannniiii

Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on May 09, 2012, 12:58:17 AM
IDK about happy hour. I just turned 21 and I am still not much of a drinker so I might pull out if you guys decided to do this. Sorry, I just don't really like the taste. :-\

ah! i forgot to mention. its a normal nice restaurant not a real bar, they just have a bar/lounge section! they just have some good cheap eats for those of us who are on a budget! :)

kane64

Hey, don't worry, I don't drink much as it is. So if we were to go to an actual bar(which I doubt we will) I will hang with you and not drink as well.
And about the storing stuff in your room... that would be awesome!! I will just have to see if my friend, who I bringing to the con Friday, Saturday and Sunday, is cool with the idea of walking to and from the Lightrail station at different hours, which I am sure he won't mind.
-Deaf Pedestrians

Haunterluvcookies

Quote from: llaaannniiii on May 09, 2012, 01:07:17 AM

ah! i forgot to mention. its a normal nice restaurant not a real bar, they just have a bar/lounge section! they just have some good cheap eats for those of us who are on a budget! :)
That sounds cool, I might go for that. I don't want to be a bother, I guess I am just a werid 21 year old. I might taste a drink mabye.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

Haunterluvcookies

Quote from: kane64 on May 09, 2012, 01:29:55 AM
Hey, don't worry, I don't drink much as it is. So if we were to go to an actual bar(which I doubt we will) I will hang with you and not drink as well.
And about the storing stuff in your room... that would be awesome!! I will just have to see if my friend, who I bringing to the con Friday, Saturday and Sunday, is cool with the idea of walking to and from the Lightrail station at different hours, which I am sure he won't mind.

Thats cool about the bar thing. Yeah just let me know if you want to store your stuff in my room. I have a card ket so anytime you need to we can go up and store the items.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

kane64

Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on May 09, 2012, 01:32:48 AM

Thats cool about the bar thing. Yeah just let me know if you want to store your stuff in my room. I have a card key so anytime you need to we can go up and store the items.
Sweet. I will probably take you up on that offer.
-Deaf Pedestrians

Haunterluvcookies

Quote from: kane64 on May 09, 2012, 01:53:58 AM

Thats cool about the bar thing. Yeah just let me know if you want to store your stuff in my room. I have a card key so anytime you need to we can go up and store the items.

Sounds like a plan. Oh does it matter if I am rooming with people? I forgot to metion that, I mean I can keep it with my stuff to make sur eit stays safe. It wouldn't be a problem with me.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

kane64

Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on May 09, 2012, 02:12:38 AM

Sounds like a plan. Oh does it matter if I am rooming with people? I forgot to metion that, I mean I can keep it with my stuff to make sur eit stays safe. It wouldn't be a problem with me.
I know you are staying with other people, saw an earlier post about you saying that the people you are rooming with want you to check in with them around 11. But, yeah, it's fine with me. I find con goers are good people. Haven't met any that weren't nice. :)
-Deaf Pedestrians

princesskitty18

my boyfriend and i would be down for happy hour/late night whatever

@haunter: no worries about not really bein a drinker, my boyfriends the same. so we can all do sober hangin out together :D
Fanime attendee since 2006
2012 Black & White Ball volunteer
2013-now Black & White Ball Staff

Follow us on Facebook page and Twitter!
- https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
- https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

Haunterluvcookies

Quote from: kane64 on May 09, 2012, 06:01:50 AM
Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on May 09, 2012, 02:12:38 AM

I know you are staying with other people, saw an earlier post about you saying that the people you are rooming with want you to check in with them around 11. But, yeah, it's fine with me. I find con goers are good people. Haven't met any that weren't nice. :)

Cool just thought I asked just in case. I love con goers they are awesome!
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

Haunterluvcookies

Quote from: princesskitty18 on May 09, 2012, 08:15:43 AM
my boyfriend and i would be down for happy hour/late night whatever

@haunter: no worries about not really bein a drinker, my boyfriends the same. so we can all do sober hangin out together :D

Yay! I have others that understand where I am coming from. Everyone here thinks its werid that I don't drink now that I am 21.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

Maskenlav

lol nah haunter I find it that convention goers are more open and more friendly than the average social person. I dont drink as much either cause if I do, my face turns red as if I was drunk but completely sober lol
"I'll do it! I'll marry you!"