Looking for people to hang out with this year

Started by PinkFuzzums, March 05, 2012, 12:58:37 PM

Haunterluvcookies

Oh that sucks about drinking. I just get a bit to giggly and happy if I like have more then a couple of sips.

I love congoers! i find it hard to talk to non anime fans and I am a bit shy talking to people I don't know. But When I am at anime conventions its so east to talk to someone I don't know. Mabye its  because we have lots in common at cons or something but I love it so much.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Poland or hungary- Hetalia
Ace- Alice in the Country of Hearts
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

kane64

Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on May 09, 2012, 11:52:10 AM
Yay! I have others that understand where I am coming from. Everyone here thinks its werid that I don't drink now that I am 21.
I get made fun of for not drinking around my friends as well. It's just how some people are. So yeah, I wouldn't worry about a lot of us, a lot of us seem to be just like you and not drink.
"I'm addicted to Star Trek
"I'm a Klingon speaking federation freak
"I find I'm more inclined
"To spend the bulk of my time
"On the starship Enterprise
"Than talking to girls I meet"
-Deaf Pedestrians

Haunterluvcookies

YAY! I am so glad, I thought I was werid for not wanting to drink. I am so glad others feel the same way.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

Imagine

Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on May 09, 2012, 01:16:24 PM
Oh that sucks about drinking. I just get a bit to giggly and happy if I like have more then a couple of sips.

I love congoers! i find it hard to talk to non anime fans and I am a bit shy talking to people I don't know. But When I am at anime conventions its so east to talk to someone I don't know. Mabye its  because we have lots in common at cons or something but I love it so much.
Is the beauty of cons. Everyone is there because they share a love of something, so no matter who you find you'll always have something to converse about. I don't think I've ever seen ever unhappy at a con.

As for drinking, I, too, do not like it much. Really, I just can't stand the taste of it, especially beer. And, amusingly enough, I think I drank more when I was underaged than I've drank since I turned 21  8)
Fanime 2012 FMV Contest, Experimental Category:
3rd Place Judge's Award
2nd Place Audience Award.

Haunterluvcookies

Quote from: Imagine on May 09, 2012, 03:38:08 PM
Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on May 09, 2012, 01:16:24 PM

Is the beauty of cons. Everyone is there because they share a love of something, so no matter who you find you'll always have something to converse about. I don't think I've ever seen ever unhappy at a con.

As for drinking, I, too, do not like it much. Really, I just can't stand the taste of it, especially beer. And, amusingly enough, I think I drank more when I was underaged than I've drank since I turned 21  8)

I was suprised my first con I went to, which was fanime, everyone was so nice. It was werid, but after awhile I began to enjoy every second. Mabye thats why fanime is my favorite con of all time.

I never drank before I was 21, other than sips of my parents drinks and that one time at the halloween party when I took a shot. I like you don't like the taste but I was fine with drinks that only tasted a bit like acohol. They were good drinks!
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

BBOYTarzan

Quote from: PinkFuzzums on March 05, 2012, 12:58:37 PM
This will be the first time I'm going to fanime alone. Kinda sucks but I'm hoping that I can make some new friends to keep me company. If you're interested please let me know.

I'm going to be 25 by the 2012 con and I'm male.

Will be my 3x at fanime. Going with my best friends pretty much, and meeting new peoples would be cool. I'm a 25 years of age, and would suggest the rave. Always another good way to meet people.

echoshadow

Ok, so to get back on track with the actual hang out/meet up location I prefer locations #8,5,6. Just because those spots have seats. I'll like to sit while waiting for the other people to show up.
(for those that missed it loaction map is on page #9)

As for the times well we do not have the schedule yet. I was also thinging of two possible meet up times one in the morring and the other in the afternoon. We can use the afternoon one for lunch meet up and regoup/degroup

So just to recap:
Thusday (dinner meet up) - 8:00 pm ~ish. Location: Marriot side, hallway with the windows on the scond floor. Overlooking the trees nex to the c.c. main entrance. (Next to spot #9)

Friday-Monday: tba (once the schedule is posted)
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

Haunterluvcookies

Quote from: echoshadow on May 09, 2012, 09:06:17 PM
Ok, so to get back on track with the actual hang out/meet up location I prefer locations #8,5,6. Just because those spots have seats. I'll like to sit while waiting for the other people to show up.
(for those that missed it loaction map is on page #9)

As for the times well we do not have the schedule yet. I was also thinging of two possible meet up times one in the morring and the other in the afternoon. We can use the afternoon one for lunch meet up and regoup/degroup

So just to recap:
Thusday - 8:00 pm ~ish. Location: Marriot side, hallway with the windows on the scond floor. Overlooking the trees nex to the c.c. main entrance. (Next to spot #9)

Friday-Monday: tba (once the schedule is posted)

Sounds good to me, I like 8 on thursday and is the dinner still on?
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

echoshadow

Yeah, I fixed it to avoid confusion.. *stares at hunterluvscookies.*
Not your typical anime junkie.
MAL:Echoshadow's Anime List

llaaannniiii

how about that little cafe area near the marriott for the friday meet up spot? its like on the first floor and its normally not too crowded and theres places to sit too i believe.

Haunterluvcookies

Quote from: echoshadow on May 09, 2012, 09:34:24 PM
Yeah, I fixed it to avoid confusion.. *stares at hunterluvscookies.*

Staring at little old me? *blinks*

YAY dinner's still on!
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

kane64

We should get a minimal head count for the Thursday 8pm dinner meet up as well. That way we know who we are still waiting for for the meet up.

People who are definitely going on Thursday night:
echoshadow
Haunterluvcookies
Imagine (+1)
Kane64 (+1/M +1/F)
llaaannniiii (with possible +1/M)
L0Lpants
Maskenlav (with possible +1/F)
virilevocalist
AbsolutelyCursed
vitriola (+1/M)
MuMuMew
Locke Octavian

People who seemed interested to go on Thursday night:
Kaycea
Zero_Kirby
Barnes
Junon

If you plan to go as well, just say if you are going on Thursday, I will then add you to the list. :)

People who plan to meet up on Friday:
echoshadow
Haunterluvcookies
Kane64 (with possible +1/M) *Uncertain if will be making this meet up due to the speed dating event*
llaaannniiii (with possible +1/M)
Maskenlav (with possible +1/F)
virilevocalist
eveeleon
athenaookami
princesskitty18 (with possible +2/M)
vitriola (+1/M)

Also, if you have a Facebook and would like to chat with us on FB, here is our group link.
http://www.facebook.com/groups/357110077685930/357590570971214/?notif_t=group_activity
-Deaf Pedestrians

kane64

Quote from: kohana ichibana on May 04, 2012, 12:39:16 PM
Sadly, I won't be able to make it to con until Friday night :[ Around 8 or 9 because of the travel. I would love to go sooner but game companies don't work that way D: especially after a lot of people got laid off. ><
That's why we are planning to have meet ups on other days as well. You should join us for one of the other meet ups.
-Deaf Pedestrians

princesskitty18

Quote from: kane64 on May 10, 2012, 11:20:29 AM
Quote from: kohana ichibana on May 04, 2012, 12:39:16 PM
Sadly, I won't be able to make it to con until Friday night :[ Around 8 or 9 because of the travel. I would love to go sooner but game companies don't work that way D: especially after a lot of people got laid off. ><
That's why we are planning to have meet ups on other days as well. You should join us for one of the other meet ups.

i will for sure try and make one of the other meet-ups if u has them :D
and ill bring my boyfriend and another friend probably
Fanime attendee since 2006
2012 Black & White Ball volunteer
2013-now Black & White Ball Staff

Follow us on Facebook page and Twitter!
- https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
- https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

Imagine

Put me on the list for Thursday night, and I'd be bringing someone else along.
Fanime 2012 FMV Contest, Experimental Category:
3rd Place Judge's Award
2nd Place Audience Award.

llaaannniiii

Haunterluvcookies

YAY the list is getting longer! This is making me so excited!
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

Maskenlav

Put down (possibly with female) by my name please. Turns out she just MIGHT come along if she isn't going to be busy sorting out her hotel roommate meet-up situation.

My hearts beginning to pound each day as I see the calendar winding down on my computer lol
"I'll do it! I'll marry you!"

princesskitty18

Quote from: Maskenlav on May 10, 2012, 01:55:59 PM
My hearts beginning to pound each day as I see the calendar winding down on my computer lol

i just look at the fanime website and im like "oh my god..15 days left.." its kinda crazy since its been a years already haha
Fanime attendee since 2006
2012 Black & White Ball volunteer
2013-now Black & White Ball Staff

Follow us on Facebook page and Twitter!
- https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
- https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

Maskenlav

Quote from: princesskitty18 on May 10, 2012, 01:57:58 PM
Quote from: Maskenlav on May 10, 2012, 01:55:59 PM

i just look at the fanime website and im like "oh my god..15 days left.." its kinda crazy since its been a years already haha

right?!? It was like yesterday fanime 11 ended and now it's already May fanime 12 lmfao
"I'll do it! I'll marry you!"