Looking for people to hang out with this year

Started by PinkFuzzums, March 05, 2012, 12:58:37 PM

kane64

Updated the list on page 14 of who is going to the meet up. Also added a spot for the Friday meet up. So if I haven't added you, please let me know and I will add you to the list. :D
"I'm addicted to Star Trek
"I'm a Klingon speaking federation freak
"I find I'm more inclined
"To spend the bulk of my time
"On the starship Enterprise
"Than talking to girls I meet"
-Deaf Pedestrians

princesskitty18

Quote from: kane64 on May 10, 2012, 10:40:43 PM
Updated the list on page 14 of who is going to the meet up. Also added a spot for the Friday meet up. So if I haven't added you, please let me know and I will add you to the list. :D

princesskitty18 with possible +2 males :D

and im good for anytime before or after the karaoke contest, so before like 5-ish or after like 10-ish unfortunately
Fanime attendee since 2006
2012 Black & White Ball volunteer
2013-now Black & White Ball Staff

Follow us on Facebook page and Twitter!
- https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
- https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

Maskenlav

Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on May 10, 2012, 10:26:40 PM
@Maskenlav
Still wish you could be Prussia for the Hetalia gathering.

I COULD do it, but I'd be wigless and I don't want to kill the gathering by being a dark haired Prussia lol
"I'll do it! I'll marry you!"

Maskenlav

Quote from: kane64 on May 10, 2012, 10:36:20 PM

@everyone else: What would be a good time to meet up on Friday for everyone? And what would be a good place to meet up at, in your opinion?

I say the same area so we wont get lost. By the Marriott windows and time I say probably around 6 or 7 PM?

Haunterluvcookies

I like 8 but thats just me, I want to try and have everyone make it though.

@Maskenlav
Well I know this might sound creeperiesh but I have a silver wig you can use. If you want. I am using if for the Hrvest moon gathering and it will be styled and a bit poofy but its very prussia. But thatsw all up to you.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Poland or hungary- Hetalia
Ace- Alice in the Country of Hearts
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

Maskenlav

Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on May 11, 2012, 12:34:36 AM
@Maskenlav
Well I know this might sound creeperiesh but I have a silver wig you can use. If you want. I am using if for the Hrvest moon gathering and it will be styled and a bit poofy but its very prussia. But thatsw all up to you.

I'd do it for the sake of having myself join the gathering :P you think silver/white would go with my skin color? lol

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a228/Nowitzer/225963_217711298256592_100000531707564_820414_2019268_n.jpg

Haunterluvcookies

Quote from: Maskenlav on May 11, 2012, 01:16:34 AM
@Maskenlav

I'd do it for the sake of having myself join the gathering :P you think silver/white would go with my skin color? lol

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a228/Nowitzer/225963_217711298256592_100000531707564_820414_2019268_n.jpg

I think it would look good. I mean silver/white hair is a hard look to pull off because mainly you only see it on elderly people. But you have the facial structure and skin color is good. I mean I don't want to judge and its all up to you; I say if you fell comfertable as Prussia then go for it.

I will have the wig all weekend so you can decided if you want to use it.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

llaaannniiii

kane64

Quote from: princesskitty18 on May 10, 2012, 10:43:05 PM
Quote from: kane64 on May 10, 2012, 10:40:43 PM

princesskitty18 with possible +2 males :D

and im good for anytime before or after the karaoke contest, so before like 5-ish or after like 10-ish unfortunately
Okay, should I add you for the Thursday and Friday meet up, or just the Friday meet up?

Also, updated the list of people going.
-Deaf Pedestrians

kane64

Quote from: Maskenlav on May 10, 2012, 11:26:15 PM

@everyone else: What would be a good time to meet up on Friday for everyone? And what would be a good place to meet up at, in your opinion?

I say the same area so we wont get lost. By the Marriott windows and time I say probably around 6 or 7 PM?
I have only one concern about that area for Friday, that being that they may have some panels going on and we might be in the way. Hence another reason for waiting for the schedule, which I hope they post soon. I still think that either the seated area in the con area near the Marriott or the area where the Maid Cafe is during the day would be a good spot to meet up on Friday.

Also, if it ends up being that we can't figure it all out before the con, I know that I will still post an update to the meet up while at the con, if we need to do that.
-Deaf Pedestrians

Haunterluvcookies

Is there any update on when the scedules will be posted?
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

kane64

Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on May 11, 2012, 10:16:20 AM
Nothing that I have seen yet, but I posted the question of when the schedule will be out. When I hear something, I will post about it here.
-Deaf Pedestrians

Barnes

If we are lucky, the schedule itself will be posted one week before Fanime starts. If not then, it will likely be posted a few days before, from my understanding.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Maskenlav

I think it would look good. I mean silver/white hair is a hard look to pull off because mainly you only see it on elderly people. But you have the facial structure and skin color is good. I mean I don't want to judge and its all up to you; I say if you fell comfertable as Prussia then go for it.

I will have the wig all weekend so you can decided if you want to use it.

I've always done Prussia in the past so of course I'd feel comfortable. Just want to make sure if I do bring my cosplay and join there you'd be willing to provide the wig to a stranger :P

@kane: oh yeah I forgot lol the only place I know that isn't crowded nor has events going on is the wall to the outside of the arcade exit doors closer to the rave entrance. If you exit the arcade doors and turn thecorner theres a long stretch of empty wall that leads to the rave entrance, we can meet up along that.

athenaookami

Quote from: kane64 on May 11, 2012, 10:00:59 AM
Quote from: Maskenlav on May 10, 2012, 11:26:15 PM

I have only one concern about that area for Friday, that being that they may have some panels going on and we might be in the way. Hence another reason for waiting for the schedule, which I hope they post soon. I still think that either the seated area in the con area near the Marriott or the area where the Maid Cafe is during the day would be a good spot to meet up on Friday.

Also, if it ends up being that we can't figure it all out before the con, I know that I will still post an update to the meet up while at the con, if we need to do that.

I think near that area is good but around 8 is when the rave starts and maybe its smart to meet bellow where Starbucks is since it will be closed and most people would be busy upstairs.
~~ simply crazy x_X~

princesskitty18

Quote from: kane64 on May 11, 2012, 09:55:57 AM
Okay, should I add you for the Thursday and Friday meet up, or just the Friday meet up?

nah cant do thursday since ill be in the middle of driving up from LA XD
for sure put me and my peoples down for friday and depending on the time, ill try and show up
if theres something saturday and/or sunday im down :D
Fanime attendee since 2006
2012 Black & White Ball volunteer
2013-now Black & White Ball Staff

Follow us on Facebook page and Twitter!
- https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
- https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

kane64

Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on May 11, 2012, 10:16:20 AM
So, they say that the schedule probably won't be done until the week before, but there will be a paper version given out to everyone upon getting their passes.

Update: Check out the schedule thread-->http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,17228.0.html
-Deaf Pedestrians

NegxPosxReal

Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on March 06, 2012, 04:37:56 PM
Hey  I am also going alone. I trying to get a small group of others who are going alone. I am not at all uncomfortable with a 29 year old male. If you want to hangout at the con that would be cool.

I'm going alone on the 26 and 27 of May, would be nice to meet some new people :)
so...where would we meet?

kane64

Quote from: Maskenlav on May 11, 2012, 01:52:19 PM
@kane: oh yeah I forgot lol the only place I know that isn't crowded nor has events going on is the wall to the outside of the arcade exit doors closer to the rave entrance. If you exit the arcade doors and turn the corner theres a long stretch of empty wall that leads to the rave entrance, we can meet up along that.
I'm familiar with that spot, though I know that sometimes that people line up there for the Swap Meet or to create the "Hug Me Wall".

Quote from: athenaookami on May 11, 2012, 02:26:56 PM
I think near that area is good but around 8 is when the rave starts and maybe its smart to meet bellow where Starbucks is since it will be closed and most people would be busy upstairs.
I like that idea. The Starbucks, first floor, near the stairs or something. The first floor is usually not busy at all during the night hours.
-Deaf Pedestrians

kane64

Quote from: NegxPosxReal on May 11, 2012, 05:29:26 PM
Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on March 06, 2012, 04:37:56 PM
Hey  I am also going alone. I trying to get a small group of others who are going alone. I am not at all uncomfortable with a 29 year old male. If you want to hangout at the con that would be cool.

I'm going alone on the 26 and 27 of May, would be nice to meet some new people :)
so...where would we meet?
Well, we are currently trying to work out the details for the Friday night meet up, the 26th, but once we do, you are more then welcomed to join us. I have created a mini list of those who are planning to go to our meet up on page 14 if you would like to take a look see.
-Deaf Pedestrians