Looking for people to hang out with this year

Started by PinkFuzzums, March 05, 2012, 12:58:37 PM

Haunterluvcookies

I know I am so far behind on my armor! I don't think I am gonna finish... I hate this, to much to do.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Poland or hungary- Hetalia
Ace- Alice in the Country of Hearts
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

AbsolutelyCursed

Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on May 18, 2012, 11:40:24 PM
I know I am so far behind on my armor! I don't think I am gonna finish... I hate this, to much to do.

I know what you mean. I was attempting to do armor for Tiger & Bunny but then I hit a rut; fell behind and then just stopped. Not ready for Fanime (maybe AX if I go).

kane64

Dear Gawd!! I have missed so much thanks to my finals... what happened!?
"I'm addicted to Star Trek
"I'm a Klingon speaking federation freak
"I find I'm more inclined
"To spend the bulk of my time
"On the starship Enterprise
"Than talking to girls I meet"
-Deaf Pedestrians

Haunterluvcookies

Yeah I want to finish but its looking bad for this costume.... I think I am scraping it, but I don't want to. T.T 

Kane64:
You didn't miss anything.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

kane64

Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on May 19, 2012, 12:28:57 AM
Yeah I want to finish but its looking bad for this costume.... I think I am scraping it, but I don't want to. T.T 

Kane64:
You didn't miss anything.
Glad to hear it. So what are you having troubles with on your costume?
-Deaf Pedestrians

Haunterluvcookies

Well I am making it out of foam and foam is a pain. But I am new at aromor making so its the only thing I can use. I guess mainly its the 3D  parts of the costume that is the biggest pain. We, meaning my roomate, can't figure out what to use other than clay to make the 3D pieces. T.T
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

athenaookami

This might sound silly and noobish but does anyone know how to put on a wig, everytime I try It always ends up slipping off :/ I try to pin it and I fail x_X
~~ simply crazy x_X~

Haunterluvcookies

Quote from: athenaookami on May 19, 2012, 02:27:41 AM
This might sound silly and noobish but does anyone know how to put on a wig, everytime I try It always ends up slipping off :/ I try to pin it and I fail x_X

Do you have a wig cap? I have lots of hair and if I don't wear one the wig won't stay on. Other than that I have never had a problem with wig before. Sorry I am not much help...
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

athenaookami

Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on May 19, 2012, 03:01:49 AM

Do you have a wig cap? I have lots of hair and if I don't wear one the wig won't stay on. Other than that I have never had a problem with wig before. Sorry I am not much help...

I have a wig cap.. but I guess I don't own the right one, and every year I try to put the wig on i end up not using it because it ends up slipping in the front or back showing my hair x_X
~~ simply crazy x_X~

Haunterluvcookies

Quote from: athenaookami on May 19, 2012, 03:11:43 AM
Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on May 19, 2012, 03:01:49 AM

I have a wig cap.. but I guess I don't own the right one, and every year I try to put the wig on i end up not using it because it ends up slipping in the front or back showing my hair x_X

I hate when my hair shows, so I got a method that works for my thick hair. I usally take a shower, flattens my hair, tie itup in a lose pony tail, pt the wig cap on, put wig on and tuck in loose strand. That works for me but the only thing that slips for me is the wig cap after awhile.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

athenaookami

I guess its because I have really soft hair.. >x> I might just be a really short haired sango ...- coughs- >_> just dye my hair x'D
~~ simply crazy x_X~

Haunterluvcookies

My friend has thin soft hair and its hard for her to get all of it underneath the wig to. Mines alot thicker so I can do a bit more to it. sorry, :P
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

athenaookami

It's alright means I wont be that into my cosplay x'D which is alright with me.. funny that my hairs too short for sango but too long for nana xD
~~ simply crazy x_X~

Haunterluvcookies

I hate that. my hair is always to long or wild for any non wig cosplays but my hair is perfect for cosplays involing blue or white hair. I will not dye my hair white... it sucks!
Cosplay line up 2014:
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

Maskenlav

holy crap. 5 more freakin days til I get to make fun of everybody haha just kidding. I'm looking forward to this coming weekend and seeing hell of kick ass cosplays
"I'll do it! I'll marry you!"

royjovero

Quote from: echoshadow on May 18, 2012, 11:31:44 PM
Hoestly I have no idea what a pho bowl is...
It's a Vietnamese noodle soup. Rice noodles, different cuts of beef, broth, some onions... Served with lemon or lime, bean sprouts, basil and jalapeƱos on the side. Like I said, it isn't Japanese, but just because you're at Fanime, doesn't mean you need to be all J'd-out the whole weekend.

Also, Pho Garden served other foods, like rice plates and egg rolls.

Maskenlav

@royjovero: you do know that fanime's purpose is to BE all j-'d out cause its a weekend to release yourself from life and enjoy your hobby, so why not be all j-'d out? :p
"I'll do it! I'll marry you!"

princesskitty18

Quote from: Maskenlav on May 19, 2012, 08:12:37 AM
holy crap. 5 more freakin days til I get to make fun of everybody haha just kidding. I'm looking forward to this coming weekend and seeing hell of kick ass cosplays
i like the way u think :D
i dont cosplay so i semi-live vicariously thru other ppl that cosplay
its gonna be fun

once the schedule comes out, then we should plan for friday and possibly saturday

@kane64: would you want to take over plannin for friday again?

also to anyone that wants to join the facebook group...here
https://www.facebook.com/groups/357110077685930/357590570971214/?notif_t=group_activity
Fanime attendee since 2006
2012 Black & White Ball volunteer
2013-now Black & White Ball Staff

Follow us on Facebook page and Twitter!
- https://www.facebook.com/FanimeConBWBall/
- https://twitter.com/FanimeConBWBall/

royjovero

Quote from: Maskenlav on May 19, 2012, 10:54:12 AM
@royjovero: you do know that fanime's purpose is to BE all j-'d out cause its a weekend to release yourself from life and enjoy your hobby, so why not be all j-'d out? :p
I'm not going to go too far with this, but Fanime is a celebration of anime, cosplay, manga, and other Japanese pop culture. If this is the only time of the year where you indulge in sushi, green tea Kit-Kats, and ramune, then so be it.

I simply extended an open offer to invite people to join my group for dinner on Thursday. Yea, we're not eating Japanese food, but so what? People go to Fanime to be J'd-out and still end up eating at McDonald's, Jack in the Box, La Vic's, Iguana's, etc. I've also noticed a lot of forum-goers going to Quickly and Hydration, which happen to be Taiwanese establishments, despite the fact that they do serve Japanese-style nomz.

So before I go off too far into left field, I hope you guys have a good time together and hopefully y'all figure out where to eat. My invitation is still open, so PM me if you want my number and details about Pho Garden.

kane64

Quote from: princesskitty18 on May 19, 2012, 01:34:14 PM
Quote from: Maskenlav on May 19, 2012, 08:12:37 AM
i like the way u think :D
i dont cosplay so i semi-live vicariously thru other ppl that cosplay
its gonna be fun

once the schedule comes out, then we should plan for friday and possibly saturday

@kane64: would you want to take over plannin for friday again?

also to anyone that wants to join the facebook group...here
https://www.facebook.com/groups/357110077685930/357590570971214/?notif_t=group_activity

Happily. Have we had any new recruits for Thursdays meet up? And are we still up in the air on a time for Friday?
-Deaf Pedestrians