Hotels....

Started by fanimefreak, January 03, 2016, 06:25:54 PM

Kyra_Maverick

Quote from: YaoiCat on February 24, 2016, 07:24:23 AM
I wonder if they'll be opening up new rooms with each priority booking block or if this means that Hilton doubles are unavailable from here on out.
It's just the dates he's after. Friday - Monday and even Friday - Tuesday are open at the Hilton.
When I've stayed at Hilton in the past I would need to book Friday - Monday and waitlist for Thursday.

OtakuAngel87

was able to get my room, had a bit of issues when I was paying but I was able to call and reserve my room pretty quickly, so overall I am happy :)
Quote from: kyosuke on February 24, 2016, 06:09:38 AM
For all you 6am-ers out there, reg is up, got my room, no lag or delays, all very quick and easy! Hope everyone gets what they wanted tho. Good luck everyone :)
Fanime 2017 Cosplay Lineup(tentative):
Himouto Umaru
Mikuzukin
Hatsune Miku (original)
Sailor Moon

Freud

Yay booked my hotel with no problems whatsoever. Good luck guys hope your booking goes as smoothly as mine did.

luffy77

I was able to get in right at 9 and had no problems and a lot of hotels still looked available.  Something to note though is don't go to the home page because the "reserve a hotel" button still doesn't go anything.  Make sure to click on the link in the reservation e mail that was sent to you and on the left side click reserve a hotel.

For those of you who already reserved were you able to select your dates?  I wanted to check in on Thursday, but the reservation automatically gave me the 27-30th.

SquishyK

Quote from: luffy77 on February 24, 2016, 09:52:17 AM
I was able to get in right at 9 and had no problems and a lot of hotels still looked available.  Something to note though is don't go to the home page because the "reserve a hotel" button still doesn't go anything.  Make sure to click on the link in the reservation e mail that was sent to you and on the left side click reserve a hotel.

For those of you who already reserved were you able to select your dates?  I wanted to check in on Thursday, but the reservation automatically gave me the 27-30th.

This gave me issues too. Before you select your hotel and room you have to select the dates at the top of the page. The default is 27-30th but you can change that. For some reason mine was at 27-29th and at 6 am I was not with it enough to realize (after going back to the page after almost making the reservation and then realizing it never asked for the dates and thinking WTF is up with this?) that I wanted to check out on the 30th. So now I'm wait listed for the 30th even though it says my hotel and room are still available for the 30th when I look at it online. grrrr. But I called up and they tell me that those days aren't available that I had to get on the wait list.

p.s. if any of that was difficult to follow I apologize. I don't function well when asked to wake up at 6am.
I sell cute and geeky polymer clay jewelry!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SquishyKreations
http://squishykreations.tumblr.com

Tested/MythBusters:
"Failure is always an option"
"Try again, fail again, fail better"
"Art is never finished, only abandoned"

TC X0 Lt 0X

So Past odd dates there are still rooms available even at the Hilton and Marriott?

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Kyra_Maverick

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on February 24, 2016, 10:20:32 AM
So Past odd dates there are still rooms available even at the Hilton and Marriott?
Yes. You should be able to check the website yourself following the link in your email, you just wont actually be able to book anything until your window.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Well my windows are 6am and 12 pm tomorrow, but I guess I am a little more at ease knowing they are available.
I probably am going to aim for the Hyatt again this year though, the rooms are large and the complementary breakfast is a lifesaver.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

joyene

I'm actually pretty scared haha. It's my first time going to this convention and my window isn't until Friday at 6am :( I booked backup hotels, but I'm aiming for a hotel near the con ><

OtakuAngel87

you should be fine with that time, if you want u could always call in instead of going thru it online. However, it's very simple just make sure u got all ur info ready that makes it quicker
Quote from: joyene on February 24, 2016, 11:51:27 AM
I'm actually pretty scared haha. It's my first time going to this convention and my window isn't until Friday at 6am :( I booked backup hotels, but I'm aiming for a hotel near the con ><
Fanime 2017 Cosplay Lineup(tentative):
Himouto Umaru
Mikuzukin
Hatsune Miku (original)
Sailor Moon

kookiekween99

I think this is the first time ever that reserving hotels hasn't given me a headache.

Also, pro-tip: if you've already reserved your room but you want to get on the waitlist to change your dates, you can actually add yourself to the waitlist without going through CMR support. After you've made your reservation, go back to the "Make a Reservation" tab, change the dates to what you actually wanted, and there will be an orange "Waitlist" button next to the room type you had selected. Click that, and you'll be taken to a form where you can edit the nitty gritty details of your waitlist request.

If you've already closed the window and you want to go back, just do the "Modify Reservation" tab, enter your existing reservation details. On the next screen scroll all the way to the bottom and click "Make New Reservation", then follow the rest of the steps outlined above.
ASAHiCon Registration Head - '10-'12
ASAHiCon Web Head - '11-'13
FanimeCon Attendee - '10-Forever
FanimeCon Info Desk Minion - '14

dogdays

Question: On the hotel booking page, the Fairmont lists "Queen or King" at $100.  Does this mean it's a 50/50 chance of getting one or the other?  Is there a way to guarantee that I get a King bed?

Purelovely

I got my hotel room at 9 AM PST (noon for me in Indiana) today. I was really impressed with how easy and fast it was to book a room. I had to call soon after because I didn't get the dates right but it was fixed quickly.  :D

I got a King bed room at Marriott for Thurs 26 - Sun. 29. We'll check into a king bed room - city view (awesome room btw) on the 29th and stay until June 2nd because I'm staying longer for my vacation.

To all those who still need to book their rooms: I believe the new system is very good, quick and fair. There aren't thousands of people flooding the system at once.

May the odds be ever in your favor.
Fanime Con 2018 Cosplay:
Fri: No cosplay
Sat: ??
Sun: No cosplay
Mon: No cosplay because I'm going to Disneyland!

YaoiCat

My booking window isn't until tomorrow but I've been checking the hotels page just to see how it's going.  Looks like king and double rooms at the Hilton are gone already :(

Xanreo

Phew, my 3PM block cut it close for the room I wanted.

What took me 4 hours last year only took me 4 minutes this year. And 2 of those minutes were to look up my hhonors code.
Personally for me, this year's system was obviously better but from here on out, everyone will try to pre-reg as early as they can.

Fanime 2017
Eromanga-Sensei | Digimon World: Next Order

Angelx624

Well, I'm glad to hear the booking seems to be a lot better this year.

I just don't think I'll even be functional at 6 am. Eugh. XD
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Kagome (Inuyasha)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)

AnimeJet

All the 2 bed rooms for the hotels closer to the con (i.e. not airport) are gone now, and there are barely any king rooms left even. Artists couldn't buy tickets till they were accepted in to the alley, and that puts our registration blocks at 3pm today, so fanime is making us shuttle or uber with our items  :-\ this is the opposite of better. Last year i found out about registration late and i still got a 2 bed at marriot, this time there's no chance.

phr34kish

Quote from: AnimeJet on February 25, 2016, 08:16:15 AM
All the 2 bed rooms for the hotels closer to the con (i.e. not airport) are gone now, and there are barely any king rooms left even. Artists couldn't buy tickets till they were accepted in to the alley, and that puts our registration blocks at 3pm today, so fanime is making us shuttle or uber with our items  :-\ this is the opposite of better. Last year i found out about registration late and i still got a 2 bed at marriot, this time there's no chance.

What makes me even more upset about this particular situation is that whoever is running the official Fanime FB page has disclosed that there is a special room block set aside for professional registration. Uhhh, really? Would that have been so hard to do for the artists alley as well? You don't even have to set aside a random number. There's a finite number of tables available in the AA, just hold back that many rooms and let us decide first. Anything not taken can get released back to the general public.

Oh, but wait. There I go again asking for artists to be treated as more than an afterthought. Did we get a much better application run this time? Sure did! And thanks for that! But lugging my wares up and down the street to a decent hotel (or heaven forbid on a tiny bus) is sure gonna ruin the mood.

https://www.facebook.com/FanimeCon/posts/738962006136027?comment_id=738965396135688&reply_comment_id=738969526135275&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R9%22%7D

novaks47

Wow, just about everything is gone. My window is today at 3PM. I clicked the link in my email, and the only ones left are the Westin, Fairmont, and Ramada. I think people that have blocks on Friday will be outta luck. :( I didn't think all the singles would be taken that quick. All the doubles are gone too.

raltga

Marriot was first choice but not available as of the 9am block today.
Managed to reserve a room (single) at the Fairmont. I hope the panels are at the Fairmont again because lately I've been going to more late night panels than late night anime. It's also closer to where I typically eat so I am happy. First time staying there. Hope it's a better hotel than the Marriot (where I have had issues before).