2012 Cosplay Battle Event

Started by Eliteslayer, July 08, 2009, 02:28:55 PM

Firemage1000

Quote from: Eliteslayer on March 09, 2012, 03:51:38 PM
Firemage: I've added you to the list, and your suggested times are taken into consideration.

Wonderful wonderful. I still don't know when the panel that I want to participate in will be, but hopefully i'll be able to make it both times. I'm trying to go to 5 gatherings and at least 3 panels so organizing is super hectic. I'll let you know if I will not be able to make the times listed above once things fall into place a bit more.
2016 Cosplays:
Kuvira the Great Uniter  -- Legend of Korra
Ferid Bathory -- Owari no Seraph
Irimi Kaya -- Tokyo Ghoul
Erica -- Gangsta.

Yuutousei

I think I might try to go (matters on if/when I get my panel and other cosplay gatherings), but I'd probably come as Subaru Sumeragi from Tokyo Babylon.

But yeah, I'll just follow this and as I get more info, I'll give a more concrete answer!
SELLING!
Check out my current Cosplays, Panels & Plans!

demetria656

I believe Sunday would be the best for me,.
Fanime 2014:
Ms.Fortune- Skullgirls
Ms.Marvel (Kamala Khan)
Noiz- DMMD
Red Robe- Journey
Beat- Jet Set Radio
Satsuki- Kill La Kill
Kida- Atlantis
Malik Al-Sayf- Assassin's Creed
Sasha & Eren- SNK

Angelx624

Ack, as I hate to say it, I have gatherings on both days at 3 PM. But since the Idolm@ster gathering will probly be small, I can see about showing up around 3:30. xDD

And for cosplay, may end up being Grell in musical dress form. XDD With the Kuroshitsuji gathering being at 4:30 that day. Yay fighting in a dress, and probly with his scissors. 8D

Edit: Nevermind, seems like it'll be at a different time than 3. :P Well, morning would be good for me as well. XDD But I won't know what cosplay til I know times. :O Cause it all depends if it's near a gathering, time-wise. XD
(ノ•ω•)ノ Cosplay List:
Rook Hunt
Ukyo (Ranma 1/2)
Satsuki (Totoro)
Freminet (Genshin)
Giyu (KnY)
Rengoku (KnY)
Mikoto Misaka

AnimefanJJ

I can show up Saturday and Sunday but I need to know the time before I can say what character I will be doing.
Banned for breaking promises - http://forums.fanime.com/index.php?topic=17617

Yuutousei

So, just thought about it but...
How had the "winner" of each fight been chosen in the past?
SELLING!

Eliteslayer

Normally after three poses, one cosplayer decides, "Okay, I took what would be a nasty hit and this guy's been doing well, I'll take the fall," or "Okay, he's clearly not gonna take the fall, I'll be the bigger man and do it myself" then falls down "defeated." When neither does, then we turn to the audience by applause. If it's too close to call there, it becomes a double knock-out.
Cosplay battle! Three-pose Fight
The works of Ken Akamatsu 2010
"Abridging a Series" Panel

Hope you can attend 'em!

Yuutousei

Ooooh, I see. Interesting. Thanks for the info.
SELLING!

Haunterluvcookies

So can anybody break down what the cosplay battle event is? I know a bit but I still a little lost.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Poland or hungary- Hetalia
Ace- Alice in the Country of Hearts
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

AbsolutelyCursed

Quote from: Haunterluvcookies on March 13, 2012, 07:43:27 PM
So can anybody break down what the cosplay battle event is? I know a bit but I still a little lost.

Quote from: Eliteslayer on July 08, 2009, 02:28:55 PM

First of all, let me make one thing clear: even though the name is "Cosplay Battle" there will be absolutely no fighting. I repeat, violence will not be tolerated. If anyone is acting in a manner that threatens the safety of the other event participants, they will be asked to leave.

I had to make that absolutely clear before we begin. Now to explain the event itself.

I saw this done a few years back at another convention, and had a great time participating, so I thought I'd bring it to Fanime. So credit for the idea goes to the people who came up with it, although I don't know who you are or when it started.

The basic idea of the event is a tournament-style matchup of cosplayer vs cosplayer in three-pose battles -- three pictures in which the two look like they're fighting, then a "winner" is determined.

The two competitors come up and act like they're in the middle of a battle, freezing in place for pictures. Once this repeats three times, whoever feels they have "lost" will go down, and the winner is determined. Depending on the amount of participants, we may have the winners move on to later rounds, but that's probably unlikely.

Of course, any characters from any series are welcome. You don't have to be from a fighting series, or even be a character who can fight at all. You can be the tiniest character in a comedy series and still take on a super-powerful fighter and win, as long as the poses are right.

Example: Goku (Dragonball Z) vs Chiyo-chan (Azumanga Daioh)
- Goku begins powering up, while Chiyo kicks him in the knee. Freeze for pictures. (Remember, it can look like Chiyo is kicking Goku, but actually hitting the cosplayer is against the rules.)
- Goku fires a Kamehameha, and Chiyo ducks to avoid it. Freeze for pictures.
- Chiyo and Goku charge for one final attack. Freeze for pictures.
- Chiyo-chan wins! Goku lies defeated. Victory pose.
- Goku and Chiyo thank each other for a good, fun match, and the next competitors come up.

Haunterluvcookies

Thank you! This helps a alot, I am cosplaying charcters with some fighting skills but I was still confused.
Cosplay line up 2014:
Poland or hungary- Hetalia
Ace- Alice in the Country of Hearts
Signless- Homestuck
Ellie- The Last of Us
Sinbad- Magi

Kazuma_uzumaki

I'd love to come both days! I have 2 cosplays this year round so maybe I can come one cosplay one day and another cosplay the other.

Depends on the timing though. Saturday, I have 2 gatherings from 2-probably 3:30 or 4

I'm free sunday whole day though.

I would be coming as either KAMEN RIDER JOKER from Kamen Rider W or IZANAGI from Persona 4.

Nonprofitpigeon

sounds cool, i think i'll give it a whirl. 

Rebeccakh

put me for nekomata from shin megami saturday, and sunday mia from .//hack

xkakashi-chan

Sounds fun! I might be coming as Anghel from Hatoful Boyfriend at Sunday. I'd be looking forward to it

RitsuHime

This sounds awesome, I'll try to / might stop by and participate.
I'll be cosplaying Madoka Kaname (Godoka ver.) from Madoka Magica.

Eliteslayer

Okay, now that gatherings are starting to get their times posted, here's what I'm thinking for the battles:

Saturday at 2:30
Sunday at 1:00

Do these times sound okay? Are there any objections from those who have signed up?

Hope you can attend 'em!

Firemage1000

Those are smack dab in the middle of when I need to change cosplays. I might stop by quickly, but I'm afraid that i won't be able to make anything for sure.
2016 Cosplays:
Erica -- Gangsta.

Eliteslayer

Are there any times around then that would work better? Give or take a half hour or so? I haven't finalized anything, since I want to find a time that works best for as many people as possible. If nothing around that time works, since you have signed up, you can let me know when you arrive and we'll get your battle in before you have to go.

Hope you can attend 'em!

Firemage1000

I will be sure to stop by sometime in the afternoon, but I'm trying to go to 5 gatherings and 3 panels so what costume I'll be in is going to be unknown. Thanks but don't go out of the way to accommodate me. I'll still show up, and can just wait around for a few minutes for a new challenger.
2016 Cosplays:
Erica -- Gangsta.