Anime that Scarred Me for Life - What happened to this panel?

Started by scuryghost, February 09, 2013, 09:57:35 AM

scuryghost

Hello! A while back there was a panel called "Anime that Scarred Me for Life" for people to get up and tell stories about just that: really bad anime.
It was a really fun panel and I've noticed that it didn't happen last year. Does anybody know what happened? If I can get in touch with the people who ran it in the past, I'd like to know if it's ok for me to take over, if they have decided not to host it anymore for whatever reason.

Thanks! Any leads would be appreciated.

Rurutie8

I attended a panel with this name once at Kumoricon in Portland, Oregon.  It may be the case that the person who ran this panel is from far away and travel to San Jose is a matter of convenience.  Still, this panel does not seem particularly difficult to run so a local person may be able to revive it.

scuryghost

I know they had it at Sakuracon as well. I'd love to run it, but I don't want to go around nabbing people's ideas if they shut it down for a reason.

Kava

While we cannot give out panelist information without their permission, if you send an e-mail to panelsATFanimeDOTcom, we can probably look up who gave the panel in a previous year and send them a query as to whether they'd mind if someone else gave a similar panel. (Or offer them your contact information, if you'd like.)
Rena
Panels Coordinator 2007-2014
Programming Director, 2015

Panels Twitter: http://twitter.com/FanimePanels

scuryghost

Rurutie8

This panel is being run at Kumoricon in Portland, Oregon on October 27, 2018.  It is not dead.